April 7th 2006
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
This user's other mods:
- Processor- Core Duo 2400 1.83ghz dual core w/667mhz fsb
- RAM- 2gb DDR2-667 dual-channel
- Graphics Card- Nvidia Go 7800GTX
- Case- XPS M170
- Display- 17" WUXGA with Brightview
- So far the only step I've done is the case mod because I need money for the rest of the hardware. The specs RIGHT NOW are-
- Processor- Pentium M 740 1.73ghz w/533mhz fsb
- RAM- 1gb DDR2-533
- Graphics Card- Nvidia Go 6800
First and foremost this was an Inspiron 9300 before. But I am converting it to a full XPS Gen2/M170. My case is the biggest mod so far. I replaced the back cover, bezel, center control cover, and palmrest from the 9300 to the XPS. Only thing I haven't converted is the lighting system because according to Dell "the 9300 motherboard does not have any light controllers or connectors" so I'm buying some cheap small blue LED's where the real ones are supposed to go. I've also flashed the BIOS from 9300 to XPS Gen2. It was successful but I didn't buy the 130w power supply it needed yet so I reflashed it to 9300 because it took down my performance a huge amount since it thought it NEEDED a 130w supply with the XPS Gen2 BIOS.
For the future hardware mods, I'm going to get the 7800GTX first, then the Core Duo (because it's a Yonah core so it might not be compatible with my 478 motherboard, I'm not sure) and then the RAM.