Good Ole 754
April 17th 2007
Please register on the forums & login to vote.
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (NewCastle) @ 2.5Ghz
- Mobo: Asus K8N
- Memory: 2x512MB Corsair Value PC3200 CAS 2.5, 1x512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200 CAS 2.5 @ 208.5
- GPU: Sapphire X800GTO 400/490 w/ 16 pipelines bios mod
- HD: Seagate 160GB SATA, Seagate 200GB ATA
- Drives: Sony 16x dvd burner, Liteon 16x dvd burner
- Case: Rosewill TU-155
- PSU: Enermax FMAII 460W
Attempted cable management. Front panel cables were able to be looped behind the side panel. Removed lower hard drive bay to give better airflow. Cut a hole in the remaining bay to route wires through. Removed side ducting and replaced with an 80mm exhaust fan. The side duct ended up being 70mm, so I had to drill some holes into some Plexiglas. Pic 10 was what I had, Pic 11 is the Plexiglas, and Pic 12 is the finished product.
I'm aware that the cable management is pretty choppy. Hoping to get tips on it. I'm also aware that having 3 sticks of RAM means I'm not running dual channel; but, I have a socket 754 system, which doesn't support dual channel. Therefore, I maximized my RAM for the price.