Audioengine is known for their active speakers in different varieties. Over the past couple of years, their smaller desktop-oriented speaker setups have gained a lot of popularity, and with the release of the A2+ Wireless, they are sure to build on that. The A2+ Wireless is based on the design of the first A2 and adds Bluetooth connectivity. On top of that, they also have USB-in, so you can access the internal DAC with a cable if you have a stationary setup. You also get a set of RCA inputs, which is convenient in some setups.
Also available for the A2 design are the DS1 desktop stands which helps you get monitors pointed correctly in a desktop setup. Audioengine was kind enough to supply both speakers and the stands for testing to ensure we could fully evaluate performance.
Audioengine A2+ Wireless speakers are available in three different colors: gloss red, gloss white, and matte black. All cabinets are made in 18 mm MDF.
- Type: 2.0-powered multimedia speaker system
- Amplifier type: Dual analog class A/B monolithic
- Power output: 60 W peak power total (15W RMS / 30 W peak per channel)
- Drivers: 2.75" Aramid fiber woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, stereo RCA, USB, Bluetooth
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out, 3.5 mm mini-jack headphone out
- Input bit depth: 24-bits, upsampled
- Bluetooth receiver type: Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth codecs: aptX low latency, aptX, AAC, SBC
- SNR: 95 dBA
- Crosstalk: <50 dB
- Frequency response: 65 Hz - 22 kHz (+- 2 dB)
- Dimensions: 152.4 mm (H) x 101.6 mm (W) x 133.4 mm (D) / 6 " (H) x 4" (W) x 5.25" (D)
- Weight: 1.6 Kg / 3.55 lbs