As of 2017, SteelSeries has been making some of the finest gaming headsets on the market. Their Arctis lineup is absolutely amazing and continues to get better even close to the end of 2019. The newest addition to the family is the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless. It's a $100/€120 wireless gaming headset that shares many of its characteristics with its more expensive brethren, such as the award-winning Arctis 7 (reviewed here) and still one of the best wireless gaming headsets on the market.
The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless is made with both desktop and couch/mobile gaming in mind. It offers PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Android wireless compatibility, and its design is very well-suited for outdoor usage: it's compact with a slim headband and a detachable microphone. You can definitely consider using the Arctis 1 Wireless on the go without looking like you forgot to take your gaming headset off when leaving the house. What's even better, using it outside doesn't mean you have to switch to wired mode; thanks to the clever implementation of the supplied wireless module, the Arctis 1 Wireless wirelessly communicates to any mobile device equipped with a USB-C port. There's plenty to like, nay, love about this headset, so let's get busy!
- 40-mm dynamic drivers (neodymium magnet)
- 32 Ω impedance
- 20-20,000 Hz frequency response (specified by the manufacturer)
- Closed-back, over-ear design
- Detachable bidirectional noise-cancelling microphone
- 2.4 GHz radio wireless connectivity (30 ft/9 m range)
- 20-hour battery life
- USB-C wireless dongle
- 1.2 m rubberized 3.5-mm 4-pole TRRS audio cable
- 1.2 m rubberized USB-C extension cable
- 1.55 m rubberized USB charging cable
- Built-in volume dial
- PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Android wireless compatibility
- Weight: 262 g