Thursday, July 14th 2011

FX-Series Processors Clock Speeds 'Revealed'

On several earlier articles like this one, we were versed with the model numbers and even possible prices of AMD's next-generation FX series desktop processors, but the clock speeds stayed under the wraps, that's until a table listing them out was leaked. AMD's FX-series consists of eight-core FX-81xx parts, six-core FX-61xx, and quad-core FX-41xx parts, probably harvested out of the Zambezi silicon by disabling modules (groups of two cores closely interconnected with some shared resources). Most, if not all, FX series chips have unlocked multipliers, making it a breeze to overclock them. All chips come in the AM3+ package, feature 8 MB of L3 cache, and 2 MB L2 cache per module.

Leading the pack is FX-8150, with a clock speed of 3.6 GHz, and TurboCore speed of 4.2 GHz, a 500 MHz boost. The next chip, FX-8120, has a boost of close to a GHz, it has a clock speed of 3.1 GHz, that goes all the way up to 4 GHz with TurboCore. This will be available in 125W and 95W TDP variants. Next up is the FX-8100, with 2.8 GHz clock speed, that goes up to 3.7 GHz, another 900 MHz boost. The scene shifts to 6-core chips, with FX-6120, no clock speed numbers were given out for this one. FX-6100, on the other hand, is clocked at 3.3 GHz, with 3.9 GHz Turbo. The FX-4100 is the only quad-core part with clock speeds given out by this source: 3.6 GHz, with a tiny 200 MHz boost to 3.8 GHz. You can see that there is no pattern in the turbo speed amounts specific to models, and hence we ask you to take these with a pinch of salt.


Source: DonanimHaber
Add your own comment

412 Comments on FX-Series Processors Clock Speeds 'Revealed'

#1
Pestilence
Christ guys. Its Saturday night and your home in front of the computer? Just got back from watching midget wrestling. Was hilarious.
Posted on Reply
#2
seronx
Pestilence said:
Christ guys. Its Saturday night and your home in front of the computer? Just got back from watching midget wrestling. Was hilarious.


Midget wrestling not my thing
Posted on Reply
#4
Damn_Smooth
Pestilence said:
Christ guys. Its Saturday night and your home in front of the computer? Just got back from watching midget wrestling. Was hilarious.
I'm jealous. I have my 3 year old and my girlfriend is out of town, so no drinking for me tonight.

seronx said:
http://www.davidkiger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/not_sure_if_want.jpg

Midget wrestling not my thing
I am stealing that pic from you. That's awesome.
Posted on Reply
#5
seronx
Pestilence said:
It was out at the bar i was at. Its just something fun to watch while you drink overpriced liquor.
I stumbled upon something :O

I never noticed it before!!!



Did you guys see in the Zambezi pin side has two extra pins

I totally blew over it just wanted to tell everyone JUST NOW did I notice there are two extra pins
Posted on Reply
#7
Thatguy
Damn_Smooth said:
Where did you get that pic of Zambezi?
techiser.com according to the picture.
Posted on Reply
#8
Thatguy
Pestilence said:
Christ guys. Its Saturday night and your home in front of the computer? Just got back from watching midget wrestling. Was hilarious.
17 years of marriage, I'm over it. Plus I am doing other stuff.
Posted on Reply
#9
seronx
Damn_Smooth said:
Where did you get that pic of Zambezi?
Donanimhaber April 2011

It was leaked by some person called "Pink Pig" lol
Posted on Reply
#10
Damn_Smooth
seronx said:
Donanimhaber April 2011

It was leaked by some person called "Pink Pig" lol
That was a nice find. How long did it take you to notice?
Posted on Reply
#11
seronx
Damn_Smooth said:
That was a nice find. How long did it take you to notice?
Well I looked at an Phenom II OEM at Newegg I was like wait a minute.....

Because, I remember in OBRs video and he took a picture of the back as well

and AMD is the only one that still use the PGA design, Llano has a huge hole in it

OBR/Pink Pig/SunnyKFC all have Engineer Samples but they aren't showing benchmarks

OBR took it to himself to smudge benchmarks for teh LULZ

They have a CPU and it is a Engineer Sample

Pink Pigs is an A1
OBR has B0/B1s
SunnyKFC has B0s
Posted on Reply
#12
Damn_Smooth
seronx said:
Well I looked at an Phenom II OEM at Newegg I was like wait a minute.....

Because, I remember in OBRs video and he took a picture of the back as well

and AMD is the only one that still use the PGA design, Llano has a huge hole in it

OBR/Pink Pig/SunnyKFC all have Engineer Samples but they aren't showing benchmarks

OBR took it to himself to smudge benchmarks for teh LULZ

They have a CPU and it is a Engineer Sample

Pink Pigs is an A1
OBR has B0/B1s
SunnyKFC has B0s
I have to commend your attention to detail. You could have posted the pics side by side and told us to spot the difference and I would probably still be sitting here staring at them.
Posted on Reply
#13
TheMailMan78
Big Member
seronx said:
Well I looked at an Phenom II OEM at Newegg I was like wait a minute.....

Because, I remember in OBRs video and he took a picture of the back as well

and AMD is the only one that still use the PGA design, Llano has a huge hole in it

OBR/Pink Pig/SunnyKFC all have Engineer Samples but they aren't showing benchmarks

OBR took it to himself to smudge benchmarks for teh LULZ

They have a CPU and it is a Engineer Sample

Pink Pigs is an A1
OBR has B0/B1s
SunnyKFC has B0s
Or the newegg pic is a generic one from the other AMD's they sell.
Posted on Reply
#14
Damn_Smooth
TheMailMan78 said:
Or the newegg pic is a generic one from the other AMD's they sell.
I never thought of that. What do the Athlons look like.
Posted on Reply
#15
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Damn_Smooth said:
I never thought of that. What do the Athlons look like.
;)
Posted on Reply
#18
Pestilence
seronx said:
I stumbled upon something :O

I never noticed it before!!!

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8840/zambezihastwopinsmore.jpg

Did you guys see in the Zambezi pin side has two extra pins

I totally blew over it just wanted to tell everyone JUST NOW did I notice there are two extra pins
Yeah. This is why they went to the new black or grey socket in AM3+ boards.
Posted on Reply
#19
Pestilence
seronx said:
that is an Athlon 64, LOL

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1199/amd_athlon_ii_635_pins.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Socket_am2_retention_module.jpg/800px-Socket_am2_retention_module.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/MSI_785GM-P45_Socket_AM3.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/32f02b7d8c.jpg

They are all basically the same rofl
Bottom left of the AM3B socket.. Extra pin is utilized. Only is covering 1 pin instead of two like the others


Edit - I'm drunk so i might not be
Posted on Reply
#20
seronx
TheMailMan78 said:
Which happens to match up to your "Bullshitdozer" pic.

So is it a bulldozer or an Athlon X2?
Athlon 64 X2* or a Bulldozer


Pestilence said:
Bottom left of the AM3B socket.. Extra pin is utilized. Only is covering 1 pin instead of two like the others
that 1 pin isn't used supposedly

If it was all these people buy the AM3 White Socket with BIOs upgrades are screwed
Posted on Reply
#21
Damn_Smooth
TheMailMan78 said:
Which happens to match up to your "Bullshitdozer" pic.

So is it a bulldozer or an Athlon X2?
It doesn't match up exactly though. If you go to the top right space and count the pins up, the shitdozer has 9 pins and the Athlon has 10.
Posted on Reply
#22
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Damn_Smooth said:
It doesn't match up exactly though. If you go to the top right space and count the pins up, the shitdozer has 9 pins and the Athlon has 10.
Nice catch
Posted on Reply
#23
seronx
Damn_Smooth said:
It doesn't match up exactly though. If you go to the top right space and count the pins up, the shitdozer has 9 pins and the Athlon has 10.
Can you take a screenshot, I am blind as a bat here, xD'

I see it never mind

Posted on Reply
#24
Damn_Smooth
So if OBR has an engineering sample, Why would he post false benches?

Am I correct that he was always an Intel fanboy? If I'm not, disregard the following statement.

If so (Deal with me here for a moment, I've been watching a lot of Scooby Doo today.) the only reason he would post false benchmarks would be to protect Intel. If they were worse, he could show them for a laugh. We already know that he is not under NDA.

Now I just need to find someone to unmask.
Posted on Reply
#25
Pestilence
Damn_Smooth said:
So if OBR has an engineering sample, Why would he post false benches?

Am I correct that he was always an Intel fanboy? If I'm not, disregard the following statement.

If so (Deal with me here for a moment, I've been watching a lot of Scooby Doo today.) the only reason he would post false benchmarks would be to protect Intel. If they were worse, he could show them for a laugh. We already know that he is not under NDA.

Now I just need to find someone to unmask.
But what is he trying to protect intel from? Sandy Bridge is Mainstream. Intel still has Sandy Bridge E up its sleeve and we all know that SB-E with it's 6 cores and quad memory is going to obliterate ALL
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment