Wednesday, September 21st 2011

AMD FX Processor Prices Lower Than Expected

Sources among retailers told DonanimHaber that retail prices of AMD's next generation performance desktop processor series, the AMD FX, are a lot lower than expected. On October 12, AMD will launch three new parts worldwide, the eight-core FX-8150, FX-8120, and six-core FX-6120, priced at US $245, $205, and $175, respectively.

Source: DonanimHaber
Add your own comment

272 Comments on AMD FX Processor Prices Lower Than Expected

#1
seronx
The prices they keep going down!

Posted on Reply
#2
DrunkenMafia
That is always great news, that is also the first "real" date I have heard. :) hopefully I can get mine just in time for BF3
Posted on Reply
#3
63jax
i just hope the price doesn't reflect the performance, at least in this case...:confused:
Posted on Reply
#4
dieterd
at last some great news for Intel fans - SB price drop in sight!
Posted on Reply
#5
Goodman
63jax said:
i just hope the price doesn't reflect the performance, at least in this case...:confused:
I think so...
Posted on Reply
#6
hellrazor
So about 3 weeks beforehand we get a date? That's not even enough time for me to get a job and get paid!

*sigh* Although the prices are pretty damn good.
Posted on Reply
#7
Volkszorn88
8 cores for 245 USD? I'll take that any day.

Now the question is, do I buy the ASRock 990X Fatal1ty or Asus Crosshair V? ^^
Posted on Reply
#8
ivicagmc
Just hope that it matches performance of intel 2600K (8core) and 2500K (6core)...
Posted on Reply
#10
purefun65
priced to sell. performance is what we all would like to know! I believe in my heart that if power consumption is good as well as this rumored price. It will do well with oems. I look at this as like phenom 1, It can only get get better with revisions and stepping.
Posted on Reply
#11
qubit
Overclocked quantum bit
This doesn't bode well for performance does it? Once again, instead of leapfrogging Intel like we should see, they'll be forced to set "value" pricing.
Posted on Reply
#12
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
qubit said:
This doesn't bode well for performance does it? Once again, instead of leapfrogging Intel like we should see, they'll be forced to set "value" pricing.
I never had the thought that they should or would leapfrog intel in performance.
Posted on Reply
#13
KooKKiK
Frick said:
I never had the thought that they should or would leapfrog intel in performance.
remember Athlon 64 outclass Pentium 4 ??? :)
Posted on Reply
#14
xenocide
Frick said:
I never had the thought that they should or would leapfrog intel in performance.
If they could they would gain substantial market share. I'm going to assume the price drops reflect performance, ready myself for the reviews.
Posted on Reply
#15
purefun65
dieterd said:
at last some great news for Intel fans - SB price drop in sight!
not until performance is known or until intel displaces 2600k with the rumored 2700k will we see a price drop on those specific k processors. non k cpu price drop looks likely. Intel will imho lower those non k to pressure amd. Fx processor are overclock-able and are directly marketed to compete with intel k versions. That is the target demographic. you don't get a intel k version in your standard desktop dell! amd has their llano for joe six pack consumer.
Posted on Reply
#16
Fx
qubit said:
This doesn't bode well for performance does it? Once again, instead of leapfrogging Intel like we should see, they'll be forced to set "value" pricing.
nah, it doesnt give us a warm fuzzy that performance will be categorically comparative

however, I will be more than happy to keep supporting AMD with these prices since I have plenty of power to do everything I need from web surfing to gaming with their cpus and gpus
Posted on Reply
#17
naoan
that 8120 is sweet :eek:
Posted on Reply
#18
claylomax
seronx said:
The prices they keep going down
As well as the performance it seems ...
Posted on Reply
#19
H82LUZ73
Volkszorn88 said:
8 cores for 245 USD? I'll take that any day.

Now the question is, do I buy the ASRock 990X Fatal1ty or Asus Crosshair V? ^^
If your budget allows go the V or if you really want to make that gamer richer and his head swelled more go ASrock.

See i told you guys this just like Phenom 1 all over again .Maybe now they have a leader they will turn around... have faith ....but little of it....
Posted on Reply
#20
purefun65
H82LUZ73 said:
If your budget allows go the V or if you really want to make that gamer richer and his head swelled more go ASrock.

See i told you guys this just like Phenom 1 all over again .Maybe now they have a leader they will turn around... have faith ....but little of it....
I agree. amd has proven they can improve their cpus. This cpu is the first step like phenom1.
Posted on Reply
#21
random
I hope the performance at least compete with the 2500/2600k I want to see price dropping battles :).
Posted on Reply
#22
caleb
What is onanishaber and what are "sources" ?
Posted on Reply
#23
Recus
claylomax said:
As well as the performance it seems ...
It's so true. :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#24
Bjorn_Of_Iceland
Well at least its not that overpriced like Phenom 1 in its first release
Posted on Reply
#25
purefun65
Bjorn_Of_Iceland said:
Well at least its not that overpriced like Phenom 1 in its first release
yes this is correct. amd I believe learned that lesson the hard way. They seem to be sensible as to price. Lets hope that performance is respectable to intel.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment