Monday, August 27th 2012

AMD "Vishera" FX-Series CPU Specifications Confirmed

A leaked AMD document for retail partners spelled out specifications of the first three FX "Vishera" processors by AMD. The new CPUs incorporate AMD's "Piledriver" architecture, and much like the first-generation "Zambezi" chips, will launch as one each of eight-core, six-core, and four-core chips. The eight-core FX-8350 is confirmed to ship with 4.00 GHz nominal clock speed, with 4.20 GHz TurboCore speed. The six-core FX-6300 ships with 3.50 GHz nominal, and 4.10 GHz TurboCore speed. The quad-core FX-4320, on the other hand, ships with the same clock speeds as the FX-8350. In addition, the document confirmed clock speeds of several socket FM2 A-series APUs, such as the A10-5700 and the A8-5500.

Source: Expreview
Add your own comment

493 Comments on AMD "Vishera" FX-Series CPU Specifications Confirmed

#2
theoneandonlymrk
nt300 said:
The 8320 and 8350 are very close in price
Amd probably cant take the price of its highest part too high, no one would buy and the fact most people buy the next one down and Oc it probably has been noticed by Amd so might as well wring what they can eh, prices sound fairley reasonable to me :)
Posted on Reply
#3
largon
nt300 said:
HD 8120 = Bulldozer = 0% (2011) :ohwell:
HD 8320 = Piledriver = 15% - 20% (2012) :cool:
HD 8520 = Steamroller = 35% - 45% (2013) :)
HD 8720 = Excavator = 70% - 85% (2014) :twitch:
HD 8920 = Crane = 105% - 120% (2015) :eek:

Speculate your hearts out...
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=367705
The percentages must be "amounts of win" (would make sense) cause no way in hell that's going to be integer performance progression.
Posted on Reply
#4
Covert_Death
largon said:
The percentages must be "amounts of win" (would make sense) cause no way in hell that's going to be integer performance progression.
whatttt you don't think in 3 years we would have DOUBLED bulldozer performance AND have twice the cores???? lololololol WHYYYYY notttttttttt
Posted on Reply
#5
Super XP
largon said:
The percentages must be "amounts of win" (would make sense) cause no way in hell that's going to be integer performance progression.
Why not? Is it because AMD does not begin with an "I" and end with a "L".
No really there was a reason why AMD is talking about Steamroller right now despite the fact Piledriver is next in line. They've figured out how to take this Bulldozer Design innovation and crank up the performance by far. Rumours of an insider already stated Steamroller is going to be 45% faster clock for clock than Bulldozer. I bet Excavator will add another 45% performance boost over Bulldozer clock for clock. Excavator will be according to AMD a complete Bulldozer re-design.

Let me say, despite the fact Bulldozer did not perform as well as we would have liked, darn, people need to realize AMD's module approach is very risky but "Extremely" rewarding.

Think about it?
Today = 1 x Module = 2 x Cores.
Tomorrow = 1 x Module = 4 x Cores.
Near Future = 1 x Module = 6 x Cores.

There's mathematics involved, and this will enable AMD to scale performance and increase cores at will with every manufacturing process. How about 1 Module has 8 Cores? It's coming
:toast:
Posted on Reply
#6
ensabrenoir
Super XP said:
Why not? Is it because AMD does not begin with an "I" and end with a "L".
No really there was a reason why AMD is talking about Steamroller right now despite the fact Piledriver is next in line. They've figured out how to take this Bulldozer Design innovation and crank up the performance by far. Rumours of an insider already stated Steamroller is going to be 45% faster clock for clock than Bulldozer. I bet Excavator will add another 45% performance boost over Bulldozer clock for clock. Excavator will be according to AMD a complete Bulldozer re-design.

Let me say, despite the fact Bulldozer did not perform as well as we would have liked, darn, people need to realize AMD's module approach is very risky but "Extremely" rewarding.

Think about it?
Today = 1 x Module = 2 x Cores.
Tomorrow = 1 x Module = 4 x Cores.
Near Future = 1 x Module = 6 x Cores.

There's mathematics involved, and this will enable AMD to scale performance and increase cores at will with every manufacturing process. How about 1 Module has 8 Cores? It's coming
:toast:
Souds great! Now all we need is everybody at intel to take a vacation for the next 3 to 4 years. Amd biggest problem is timming. Given what I m reading about H Well.... All this sounds like amd is building a delorean

but im getting a head of myself waiting for benches on release day......Honestly this is all fine and well....just keep putting out awesome sauce covered gpus and all will be well.
Posted on Reply
#7
Super XP
AMD does have a timing issue, but that could be because of financing or lack of. Intel will always be on time, they do have a dump load more of $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Posted on Reply
#8
ensabrenoir
Super XP said:
AMD does have a timing issue, but that could be because of financing or lack of. Intel will always be on time, they do have a dump load more of $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Thats the crazy part.....they are the best bang for the buck, but this formula requires volume to be viable.
each, amd and intel have a segment their geared toward. The low to mid range stuff sells near 5to1 compared to high end. I see far more toyotas than mercedes. Intel and amd should be neck to neck.
Posted on Reply
#9
Super XP
I believe they are, I mean AMD sold dump loads of Bulldozer's despite the fact they were selling for a higher price than they should.
Posted on Reply
#10
NHKS
Vinska said:
aw gee wiz, do I see a 16MB L[undefined] cache there? :twitch:
i guess they mean total, 8(L2) + 8(L3).. sometimes retailer method of mentioning specs can be surprising..

Covert_Death said:
isn't this the website who has their shipments delayed by AMD every time because they "leak" prices like this before they are supposed to???
not sure, sorry.. but they do have a record of posting new products for pre-order before launch.. happened with the 660Ti too if i remember right

----------------

Xbitlabs seems to know the launch date for Vishera - Oct 23
AMD plans to formally unwrap its long-awaited performance chip code-named Vishera on the 23th of October , according to a source. The launch details are scarce at the moment and we do not exactly know whether the company intends to unlock embargo on product reviews only, or start a massive product launch with high-availability. In previous cases, the company started to sell the product in high volume in the channel the same day as produce reviews hit the Internet.

It is expected that at least four models of the new FX multi-core chips with Piledriver micro-architecture - FX-8350, FX8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 - will become available in almost exactly a month time. Official prices are unknown.
Posted on Reply
#11
theoneandonlymrk
NHKS said:
i guess they mean total, 8(L2) 8(L3).. sometimes retailer method of mentioning specs can be surprising..
They did the same with phenomII's ,mines got 8Mb not.

your links a good read, the comments sections a laugh too, Avonx still has somewhere to troll it seems:laugh:
Posted on Reply
#12
Super XP
theoneandonlymrk said:
They did the same with phenomII's ,mines got 8Mb not.

your links a good read, the comments sections a laugh too, Avonx still has somewhere to troll it seems:laugh:
This is interesting and it sounds like Piledriver is running a lot better than 1st thought.
Posted on Reply
#13
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
NHKS said:
i guess they mean total, 8(L2) + 8(L3).. sometimes retailer method of mentioning specs can be surprising
cough newegg
Posted on Reply
#14
Super XP
eidairaman1 said:
cough newegg
Cough, Amazon.
Posted on Reply
#15
Inceptor
Covert_Death said:
isn't this the website who has their shipments delayed by AMD every time because they "leak" prices like this before they are supposed to???
They did the same thing with Bulldozer, last year. Yeah.
Posted on Reply
#17
theoneandonlymrk
NHKS said:
Xbitlabs seems to know the launch date for Vishera - Oct 23
at least read the same page in a thread before reposting the same news, thanks anyways.:D
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment