Tuesday, November 12th 2013

Skullcandy Launches the Air Raid Wireless Speaker

Skullcandy, Inc. the original performance lifestyle audio brand, today unveils its newest Bluetooth portable speaker, the Air Raid. Built like a tank and loud enough to wake the dead, Air Raid was designed to be the loudest wireless speaker in its category. From tailgates to skate parks to dorm rooms, Air Raid will bring the party wherever you are.

Able to withstand almost anything you can throw at it, the Air Raid is beer proof, weatherproof, beach proof and drop proof-shielded with a stainless steel faceplate and removable silicone boot for added protection. Equipped with two 50 mm drivers, Air Raid also delivers nearly 50% more sound volume than the competition, without sacrificing sound quality.

With Air Raid's seamless integration, connect up to two Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously for smooth transition between audio sources. With a reach of up to 10 meters and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 14 hours, the Air Raid will always outlast the party. So go hard, turn it up and stay loud.

The Air Raid is available now at select retailers and www.skullcandy.com/air-raid for $149.99.
Add your own comment

14 Comments on Skullcandy Launches the Air Raid Wireless Speaker

#2
RCoon
Gaming Moderator
I bought a pair of SkullCandy headphones once, and they broke after 2 weeks. Needless to say I've never had faith in any of their products. I also somehow doubt the 50% more sound without sacrificing quality. Then again 50% more noise is like 5 dB anyway.
Posted on Reply
#3
ste2425
RCoon said:
I bought a pair of SkullCandy headphones once, and they broke after 2 weeks. Needless to say I've never had faith in any of their products. I also somehow doubt the 50% more sound without sacrificing quality. Then again 50% more noise is like 5 dB anyway.
3dB is double the energy of the sound wave, I think 9 dB is double the perceived volume. I didn't pay attention to that bit at university.
Posted on Reply
#5
tigger
I'm the only one
Skull candy are fashion items, like beats. IMO both look fancy but are crappy in reality.
Posted on Reply
#6
Sp33d Junki3
Any headphones you buy can break. Not sure hoe they broke, but most of Skullcandy headphone do not break easily unless mistreated.
Skullcandy is not a fashion compared to Beats. At least when skullcandy has issues, they will replace it. Beats are garbage and has always been.
I own a few pairs of Skullcandy, Aviators and Navigators both are very good.
Least Skullcandy gives you lifetime warranty. I would like to try these speakers.
Posted on Reply
#7
RCoon
Gaming Moderator
Sp33d Junki3 said:
Any headphones you buy can break. Not sure hoe they broke, but most of Skullcandy headphone do not break easily unless mistreated.
Skullcandy is not a fashion compared to Beats. At least when skullcandy has issues, they will replace it. Beats are garbage and has always been.
I own a few pairs of Skullcandy, Aviators and Navigators both are very good.
Least Skullcandy gives you lifetime warranty. I would like to try these speakers.
I see a lot of teenagers with the cheap full sized SkullCandy headboxes over here in the UK, so they are certainly a fashion item here at least.
Posted on Reply
#8
remixedcat
I've personally tested skullcandy's... My lil bro had a one and it lasted a month. Cheaply made and crappy sound. Very grindy. You don't get bass you get chewbacca noises.

You want a real bass-head headphone, Get the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80. I got those and love em.
Posted on Reply
#9
Sp33d Junki3
Which Skullcandy did you test? Most young kids barely can take care of there headphones. They just shove it where ever, pile stuff on it. Any headphones will break if acted like that.
Rcoon which ones do you see out in the UK?
Posted on Reply
#10
remixedcat
It was one of their more expensive ones actually not quite sure on the model as it was about 3 years ago.
Posted on Reply
#11
RCoon
Gaming Moderator
Sp33d Junki3 said:
Which Skullcandy did you test? Most young kids barely can take care of there headphones. They just shove it where ever, pile stuff on it. Any headphones will break if acted like that.
Rcoon which ones do you see out in the UK?
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner. Lowrider 2.0, Uprock and Heshover. All relatively terrible to look at, mostly worn by attention seekers.
The ones I personally used were the Ink'd, as I desperately needed a pair on my travels. I like the cable they have, that was perfect, better than the Sennheiser cable in fact, but the actual sound was empty, lacking mid and bass, and was relatively short on dB at the full end.
Posted on Reply
#12
jihadjoe
tigger said:
Skull candy are fashion items, like beats. IMO both look fancy but are crappy in reality.
This.

For the same price as skullcandy or beats you can get better stuff from Sennheiser or Grado.
Posted on Reply
#13
Sp33d Junki3
Those are lower end of under $50. They are cheap, but least if failed they will replace it without any hassle.
headphones sound different to many people. it is all how it is heard and calibrated. Even devices used, will make a difference on how a headphone will sound.
My 3 cell phones all sound different with the same headphones.

Skullcandy not the best, Beats/Monster is by far worse. I do like my Navigator and Aviator.

Sennheiser is just as bad. Trying to RMA one will make you just throw away instead. They will try to blame you for any defect. I can not count the many times to RMA to Sennheiser, and have it rejected, plus there sound is not so good, very hollow like.

Grado is great, but many places here priced much higher than it should be.
Posted on Reply
#14
remixedcat
Dude, there's a lot of knockoff senns that could have been the reason you were denied.

What was the reason they denied you? Did they do a "photo RMA"???
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment