Tuesday, August 19th 2014
The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced that it will exhibit and present the latest USB developments at Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco, September 9-11. At IDF, the USB-IF will host a Technology Community, present technical sessions on the new USB Type-C connector, and host press briefings featuring new technology demonstrations.
- SuperSpeed USB Community on the show floor will feature USB-IF member companies including Agilent Technologies, ASMedia Technology, Cypress Semiconductor, Ellisys, Genesys Logic, Gigabyte, Joinsoon Electronics, Microchip, Renesas Electronics, Synopsys and Tektronix.
- USB-IF Member Open House will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 10 from 4-5:00 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 11 from 3-4:00 p.m.; USB-IF member companies can visit the demo suite to see the USB technology demonstrations. USB-IF member companies must contact email@example.com to RSVP and receive additional information.
- USB Technical Presentations will be given by USB industry experts:
- 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 9 - Enabling the Single Connector Client Platform Using USB 3.1 and the New USB Type-C Connector: presented by Rahman Ismail - USB 3.0 Senior Architect, Intel Corporation and Brad Saunders - Architect/Strategist, Intel Corporation
- 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 9 - Technical Introduction of the New USB Type-C Connector: presented by Dr. Yun Ling - Principal Engineer, Intel Corporation and Bob Dunstan - Principal Engineer, Intel Corporation
- 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 10 - USB Technology Update: Delivering a Single-Cable Solution: presented by USB-IF President & COO, Jeff Ravencraft, in the Networking Plaza. This presentation will cover SuperSpeed USB performance, USB Power Delivery and the USB Type-C connector.
- Press Demo Suite: The USB-IF will host media briefings and other meetings in a demo suite at The Hotel Palomar. The demo suite will feature a SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps demo, the new USB Type-C cable and connector, and implementations of USB Power Delivery.