Thursday, August 11th 2016

ZOTAC Unveils the GeForce GTX 1080 Arctic Storm

ZOTAC unveiled the GeForce GTX 1080 Arctic Storm graphics card (model: ZT-P10800F-30P). Built for liquid-cooled builds, the card comes with a factory-fitted, full-coverage water-block, paired with a strong VRM setup for the PCB, which shares its design with the GTX 1080 AMP Extreme. This block enables a factory-overclock of 1632 MHz core, 1771 MHz GPU Boost, and an untouched 10 GHz memory, compared to NVIDIA-reference clocks of 1607 MHz core, 1733 MHz GPU Boost.

The block's clear-acrylic top is studded with RGB LEDs, letting you use the ZOTAC FireStorm app to set color and lighting schemes. The block comes with G 1/4 fittings, with bundled 10 mm barbs supporting inner-diameter tubing. Finishing the package is a back-plate that runs the entire length of the PCB, and some more. The company didn't announce pricing, although one can expect this card to be priced above the GTX 1080 AMP Extreme.
Add your own comment

7 Comments on ZOTAC Unveils the GeForce GTX 1080 Arctic Storm

#1
atomicus
RGB... with yellow emblazoned across the backplate...

Posted on Reply
#2
Chaitanya
atomicus said:
RGB... with yellow emblazoned across the backplate...


:laugh:
Posted on Reply
#3
the54thvoid
Looks like it has no VRM cooling.

They should have kept EKWB on, I'm sure they did the last one for the 980ti.
Posted on Reply
#4
ZeDestructor
the54thvoid said:
Looks like it has no VRM cooling.

They should have kept EKWB on, I'm sure they did the last one for the 980ti.
Don't know where you're getting that from..

Looks like it has just doesn't have liquid flowing over the VRMs, which will be fine - simple metal conduction to the big cooling channel is plenty enough for those. I mean, power MOSFETs (the hot part in a VRM) are pretty much all rated at 150°C continuous operation across the industry. They need some cooling, but really not all that much.
Posted on Reply
#5
the54thvoid
ZeDestructor said:
Don't know where you're getting that from..

Looks like it has just doesn't have liquid flowing over the VRMs, which will be fine - simple metal conduction to the big cooling channel is plenty enough for those. I mean, power MOSFETs (the hot part in a VRM) are pretty much all rated at 150°C continuous operation across the industry. They need some cooling, but really not all that much.
I'm getting it from the lack of water flowing over the VRM section. This is a cheap looking block with chip and memory flow cooling. The 1080 cant be over volted enough anyway but it's still a less capable cooler design than the standard EK block.
The simple metal conduction means little if the transfer of heat isn't made better by the flow of water creating a better temp/heat gradient. But like i say, academic as the 1080 cant run too hot anyway.
Posted on Reply
#6
ZeDestructor
the54thvoid said:
I'm getting it from the lack of water flowing over the VRM section. This is a cheap looking block with chip and memory flow cooling. The 1080 cant be over volted enough anyway but it's still a less capable cooler design than the standard EK block.
The simple metal conduction means little if the transfer of heat isn't made better by the flow of water creating a better temp/heat gradient. But like i say, academic as the 1080 cant run too hot anyway.
The plan is pretty clearly to have the VRM heat travel through the copper block to the big coolant channel. Combine with the ridiculously high rating of MOSFETs (and complete no-care of solid caps and inductors (coils)), I don't think that's much of an issue as you're making it out.
Posted on Reply
#7
Peter Kendrick
looking forward to its review here. I would have to shift to liquid cooling kit now.
Posted on Reply