Thursday, November 9th 2017

Intel Discontinues Broadwell-E Processors

All things must come to an end, and Intel has decided that it's time to retire their Broadwell-E line of processors. The Broadwell-E family is comprised of four models: the Intel Core i7-6800K, 6850K, 6900K and 6950X. According to the Product Change Notification (PCN) document, Intel is still accepting orders until May 25, 2018, while the last shipment is scheduled for November 9 of the same year. So, there is still sufficient time left for those who plan to acquire one of the aforementioned models. However, we don't see any reason to do so now considering that there are far better options on the market.

Broadwell-E processors debuted last year and were received with mixed reactions. With just one year under their belt, they were eventually replaced by the more powerful Skylake-X models. Intel is probably getting rid of their unsold inventory of Broadwell-E models. Who knows? Maybe we'll even see some price cuts in the not-so-near future.

Source: Intel
Add your own comment

7 Comments on Intel Discontinues Broadwell-E Processors

#1
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
Making way for 2066 to replace 2011-3.

@cdawall, you are behind ;)
Posted on Reply
#2
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
eidairaman1 said:
Making way for 2066 to replace 2011-3.

@cdawall, you are behind ;)
I want lga3647.
Posted on Reply
#4
mcraygsx
Last HEDT CPU's from INTEL that supported Windows 7/8.0. Future is pushing towards Windows 10. I am not sure if SKYLAKE-X only supports Windows 10.
Posted on Reply
#5
Tomorrow
mcraygsx said:
Last HEDT CPU's from INTEL that supported Windows 7/8.0. Future is pushing towards Windows 10. I am not sure if SKYLAKE-X only supports Windows 10.
"Support" is a relative term. There is nothing preventing you from installing Win7 on X299 platform.

Yes you will have to integrate the nessesary drivers beforehand and after install modufy some DLL files to keep getting updates. It's true that some newer features and/or instructions are not available under Win7 like Speed Shift to ramp up clocks faster or AVX-512 or Integrated Graphics but nothing that severely limits usability. Also since HEDT does not include IGP that part is not a problem.
Posted on Reply
#6
kn00tcn
Tomorrow said:
"Support" is a relative term. There is nothing preventing you from installing Win7 on X299 platform.

Yes you will have to integrate the nessesary drivers beforehand and after install modufy some DLL files to keep getting updates. It's true that some newer features and/or instructions are not available under Win7 like Speed Shift to ramp up clocks faster or AVX-512 or Integrated Graphics but nothing that severely limits usability. Also since HEDT does not include IGP that part is not a problem.
can you use 10 or 8 drivers on 7? or are most mobos/platforms providing 7 drivers? (asking in general, sky/kaby/coffee/ryzen/etc)
Posted on Reply
#7
eidairaman1
The Exiled Airman
You can go to the websites, you can check AMD for chipset drivers or intel too
Posted on Reply