Friday, November 10th 2017

CORSAIR Builds the World's Fastest 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 Memory Kit

CORSAIR, a world leader in PC components high-performance gaming hardware and enthusiast memory, today unveiled its fastest ever kit of dual-channel 32GB DDR4 memory, running at a world-first 4,333MHz.

The new CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX CMK32GX4M4K4333C19 kit, running in dual-channel on an Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Hero motherboard and alongside an Intel Core i5-8600K CPU, sets a new precedent for 4x8GB 32GB DDR4 speed on the Intel Z370 motherboard platform. Typically, the fastest DDR4 memory kits are limited to low-capacity kits, but with this kit CORSAIR has combined ultra-high frequency, with high capacity, validating in MemTest at an effective frequency of 4,333MHz, a record for this configuration.

Built with hand-sorted and extensively binned Samsung B-die ICs, the kit runs with aggressive CL19-26-26-46 timings at 1.5V and is fully XMP 2.0 compliant, making enabling this record-setting performance as easy as a single BIOS setting.
This special high-capacity, high-frequency kit will be made available to select elite overclockers and enthusiasts, helping them chase world records in today's most demanding PC performance benchmarks. The complete range of CORSAIR DDR4 memory brings the same commitment to performance and quality to any DDR4 system, from the overclocker-friendly VENGEANCE LPX, to the stunning lighting of VENGEANCE RGB and premium finish of DOMINATOR PLATINUM.

Availability and Warranty
VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 4x8GB 4,333MHz is will be available to elite overclockers and PC performance enthusiasts in December 2017. The full VENGEANCE LPX line-up of performance DDR4 is available immediately via the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors, or direct from the Corsair webstore. All CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 kits are backed by a lifetime limited warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer support network.
Add your own comment

27 Comments on CORSAIR Builds the World's Fastest 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 Memory Kit

#1
StrayKAT
As fast as my processor. Not sure what difference it truly makes though (honestly, I'm ignorant here).
Posted on Reply
#2
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Fuck is Corsair ever out of touch... G.Skill beat you by 7 months. :p


ROFL...


https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-ddr4-4333mhz-16gb--8gbx2--memory-kit-and-achieves-ddr4-4500mhz-speed
Taipei, Taiwan (14 April 2017) – G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd., the world’s leading manufacturer of extreme performance memory and gaming peripherals, is delighted to announce a new extreme speed memory kit running at DDR4-4333MHz at 16GB (8GBx2) capacity. And continuing with the pursuit of extreme memory speeds on the latest hardware, G.SKILL has reached an extreme DDR4-4500MHz speed on the Intel Z270 platform, achieving a stunning bandwidth write speed of 65GB per second in dual channel mode.
If they can't even notice their competition, you think they notice their user base?

Better yet, G.SKill sells 4400 MHz kit...

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4400c19d-16gtzsw

This one is even for sale at newegg, right this moment:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232622

And, it even has better timings that Corsair's 19-26-26... it's 19-19-19....

Better yet, to add salt to the wound, here's a 4600 MHz kit, again, from G.Skill, for sale right now, not in DECEMBER:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232628

Yes, I understand this is a 32 GB kit, and the ones I linked are 16 GB.
Posted on Reply
#3
EarthDog
StrayKAT said:
As fast as my processor. Not sure what difference it truly makes though (honestly, I'm ignorant here).
None.
Posted on Reply
#4
Jizzler
You'll never be my lawyer cadaveca :)
Posted on Reply
#5
OSdevr
StrayKAT said:
As fast as my processor. Not sure what difference it truly makes though (honestly, I'm ignorant here).
EarthDog said:
None.
I haven't run the numbers on other sticks of ram, but I was always told it took a CPU a good hundred CPU clock cycles or so to retrieve data from RAM that wasn't in the caches. From those latency numbers though it may only be a few dozen. Has it ever taken more than a hundred CPU cycles to retrieve data from RAM?

Also, can the IMC even run at that speed without LN2?
Posted on Reply
#6
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Jizzler said:
You'll never be my lawyer cadaveca :)
you know this is simply 4 sticks of the same type of modules I linked, right? If these were 16 GB per stick, then yep, I'd look off, but... these are the same thing as what I linked above... with worse timings. G.Skill could make such a kit, but I doubt it would sell much, and the price... OMG. This is a product put out simply to grab attention, and they know it's rather useless. The added cache in CoffeeLake highly offsets performance increases from ram speeds.

OSdevr said:
Also, can the IMC even run at that speed without LN2?
I run 4000 MHz on my 7900X with default voltages. Intel's IMCs are doing great right now. The one concern with running these high-speed modules no matter the brand, is the voltage used.

To be honest, screening ICs that can handle 1.5V 24/7 is not that easy. Many kits out there built with Samsung IC will die with that voltage... I've literally got a pile of 10 dead sticks here from running 1.5V.
Posted on Reply
#7
Whilhelm
cadaveca said:
Fuck is Corsair ever out of touch... G.Skill beat you by 7 months. :p


ROFL...


https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-ddr4-4333mhz-16gb--8gbx2--memory-kit-and-achieves-ddr4-4500mhz-speed




If they can't even notice their competition, you think they notice their user base?

Better yet, G.SKill sells 4400 MHz kit...

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4400c19d-16gtzsw

This one is even for sale at newegg, right this moment:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232622

And, it even has better timings that Corsair's 19-26-26... it's 19-19-19....

Better yet, to add salt to the wound, here's a 4600 MHz kit, again, from G.Skill, for sale right now, not in DECEMBER:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232628

Corsair, you best fire your marketing team. Heck, you need to do more than that, you best fire nearly everyone, and give me a call. You know how to get in touch with me.
I think the key difference here is that they validated their speed with 4x8GB. They make a point of stating; "Typically, the fastest DDR4 memory kits are limited to low-capacity kits, but with this kit CORSAIR has combined ultra-high frequency, with high capacity" All of the Gskill kits above 4200 are sold as only 2x8gb kits at that speed which is likely because they can't get 4 sticks to work above 4200 right now. I am sure Gskill will beat them again but at this level its more of a pride thing for the companies to brag about.

I would be a bit more impressed if they managed these speeds with a 2x16gb or 4x16gb kit rather than 4x8.
Posted on Reply
#8
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Whilhelm said:
I think the key difference here is that they validated their speed with 4x8GB. They make a point of stating; "Typically, the fastest DDR4 memory kits are limited to low-capacity kits, but with this kit CORSAIR has combined ultra-high frequency, with high capacity" All of the Gskill kits above 4200 are sold as only 2x8gb kits at that speed which is likely because they can't get 4 sticks to work above 4200 right now. I am sure Gskill will beat them again but at this level its more of a pride thing for the companies to brag about.

I would be a bit more impressed if they managed these speeds with a 2x16gb or 4x16gb kit rather than 4x8.
Yeah, I know that. Finding a CPU that can handle that speed might be difficult for some, and that's the kicker here... if the modules do not work, Corsair will simply blame the CPU, so this is a product fraught with problematic bits and bobs IMHO.

And yes, if it was 2x16, I'd have not said a word, but its not.
Posted on Reply
#9
Jizzler
Yes, I'm well aware. That's why I said lawyer - someone who is not concerned with the technical aspect but the fine print.
Posted on Reply
#10
Whilhelm
cadaveca said:
Yeah, I know that. Finding a CPU that can handle that speed might be difficult for some, and that's the kicker here... if the modules do not work, Corsair will simply blame the CPU, so this is a product fraught with problematic bits and bobs IMHO.

And yes, if it was 2x16, I'd have not said a word, but its not.
I completely agree. It's a pretty sweet deal when you can just blame the motherboard or CPU IMC if your memory doesn't run at the rated speed. These kinds of ultra high speed kits have always been really silly and pointless since the dawn of DDR memory.
Posted on Reply
#11
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Jizzler said:
Yes, I'm well aware. That's why I said lawyer - someone who is not concerned with the technical aspect but the fine print.
Again, you need to understand the problem of finding a CPU capable, and how Corsair will deal with you not having one, that makes such a kit something I'd have a hard time recommending. I've dealt with Corsair on this specific issue in the past, and THAT is why they do not send me samples any more.

Whilhelm said:
It's a pretty sweet deal when you can just blame the motherboard or CPU IMC if your memory doesn't run at the rated speed. These kinds of ultra high speed kits have always been really silly and pointless since the dawn of DDR memory.
See the last sentence above. They've done it to me. This is also why you don't see me review the highest-end kits... I do not want them, from any brand. It is hard to recommend a product to users when you know such is the case.
Posted on Reply
#12
Jizzler
Ok, my attempt at small talk is going poorly (as it usually does in my life), I'll just see myself out... :)
Posted on Reply
#13
Whilhelm
cadaveca said:

See the last sentence above. They've done it to me. This is also why you don't see me review the highest-end kits... I do not want them, from any brand. It is hard to recommend a product to users when you know such is the case.
I appreciate your memory reviews for that reason. It makes no sense to review kits like that, also then there is no joy in finding those mid range kits that clock like crazy for a fraction of the cost. Buying something that is supposed to go at insane speeds and having problems achieving it is awful compared to the surprise of getting more than you expected out of something slower.
Posted on Reply
#14
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Jizzler said:
Yes, I'm well aware. That's why I said lawyer - someone who is not concerned with the technical aspect but the fine print.
It's not you, it's me. :P I do appreciate your post though, and you are very right for pointing that out. I didn't miss it though. Those 4600 MHz kits more than likely can be binned into similar kits easily enough, but to what end?

Whilhelm said:
then there is no joy in finding those mid range kits that clock like crazy for a fraction of the cost.
That's another aspect of things I do not like either. When OEMs do the OC'ing for you, they diminish the hobby a bit IMHO...
Posted on Reply
#15
Sabishii Hito
Whilhelm said:
Ialso then there is no joy in finding those mid range kits that clock like crazy for a fraction of the cost. Buying something that is supposed to go at insane speeds and having problems achieving it is awful compared to the surprise of getting more than you expected out of something slower.
I'm afraid those days are long over, at least not without using a lot of volts. These companies are binning ICs extremely tightly.
Posted on Reply
#16
Noyand
mmh...the 16Gb 4333mhz corsair lpx already cost 445 €. So those are probably going to cost 890 €. the price of the ram got up again, the entry price for 16gb is now 200€. That's insane, who's going to buy this ?
Posted on Reply
#17
Sabishii Hito
Noyand said:
mmh...the 16Gb 4333mhz corsair lpx already cost 445 €. So those are probably going to cost 890 €. the price of the ram got up again, the entry price for 16gb is now 200€. That's insane, who's going to buy this ?
Likely no one, but I have no doubt some guys will get a kit for free to drum up hype on various enthusiast forums.
Posted on Reply
#18
EarthDog
Sabishii Hito said:
I'm afraid those days are long over, at least not without using a lot of volts. These companies are binning ICs extremely tightly.
Depends on the kit. The high end ones, like these, I would imagine so. Most any set I had will overclock a few hundred MHz and not bat an eye.
Posted on Reply
#19
StrayKAT
Whilhelm said:
I completely agree. It's a pretty sweet deal when you can just blame the motherboard or CPU IMC if your memory doesn't run at the rated speed. These kinds of ultra high speed kits have always been really silly and pointless since the dawn of DDR memory.
Well....Just how pointless are they anyways? I just run 2666 (on Kaby Lake).
Posted on Reply
#20
EarthDog
There are a dozen tests out there showing as much. ;)
Posted on Reply
#21
Gasaraki
Whilhelm said:
I think the key difference here is that they validated their speed with 4x8GB. They make a point of stating; "Typically, the fastest DDR4 memory kits are limited to low-capacity kits, but with this kit CORSAIR has combined ultra-high frequency, with high capacity" All of the Gskill kits above 4200 are sold as only 2x8gb kits at that speed which is likely because they can't get 4 sticks to work above 4200 right now. I am sure Gskill will beat them again but at this level its more of a pride thing for the companies to brag about.

I would be a bit more impressed if they managed these speeds with a 2x16gb or 4x16gb kit rather than 4x8.
Just buy two of the GSkill kits... What's so hard about that? Guaranty that they work just fine together.
Posted on Reply
#22
Whilhelm
Gasaraki said:
Just buy two of the GSkill kits... What's so hard about that? Guaranty that they work just fine together.
It's harder to get 4 sticks to run at these speeds than 2 so buying two kits and getting to them to run at these clocks might not be that simple. Look at all the SKUs on Gskills website. They sell everything below 4200 in sets of more than 2. If they could get the faster sticks to work reliably they would already be selling them.
Posted on Reply
#23
cadaveca
My name is Dave
Whilhelm said:
If they could get the faster sticks to work reliably they would already be selling them.
Not necessarily... since pretty much any CPU is going to require manual tuning for those speeds, and most people opt for 16 GB... it's not worth the R&D effort. Even X299 seems mostly regulated to 32 GB, but that platform doesn't exactly push such speeds unless you've got one of the two KabyLakeX CPUs.
Posted on Reply
#24
_larry
Both kits I have bought of "high speed" Corsair RAM (one for my old Ivy Bridge build and now for my Ryzen build) I have been unable to run at full speed. Both times I have only been able to get within 250mhz~ of the advertised speed...never buying Corsair again.
Posted on Reply
#25
EarthDog
Lol, it wasnt the corsair sticks....

Ryzen is a memory clusterF in itself, no idea on ivy... could be a weak imc... depends on what sticks you bought... context
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment