Monday, April 30th 2018

CD Projekt Red to Present Role-Playing Game at E3 2018

After five years of inactivity, the Twitter account for Cyberpunk 2077 finally showed some sign of life a few months ago. It did not take long for rumors to surface that CD Projekt Red is secretly planning to reveal the game sometime this year. According to the recently released E3 schedule, CD Projekt Red will indeed be attending the event this year to present a mysterious role-playing game. The schedule didn't explicitly mention the title of the game, but it's safe to say that it's Cyberpunk 2077. Let the countdown to E3 begin!
Source: E3 Expo
Add your own comment

48 Comments on CD Projekt Red to Present Role-Playing Game at E3 2018

#1
Th3pwn3r
I think I'll buy it without knowing anything about it. Witcher was that good for me.
Posted on Reply
#2
GreiverBlade
Th3pwn3r said:
I think I'll buy it without knowing anything about it. Witcher was that good for me.
same here, plus i was following Cyberpunk 2077 ... and i almost forgot about it :oops:

i hope it's that one :D
Posted on Reply
#3
dj-electric
I think they said Witcher 3 times 10 somewhere.
That's a hype. A hype of biblical scale.
Posted on Reply
#5
Razrback16
Ya the Witcher series was easily the best series I've ever played with W3 being the best individual game I've ever played. CDPR has earned some serious faith amongst the gaming brotherhood. Very much looking forward to their CP2077 presentation.
Posted on Reply
#6
ShurikN
Came across some rumors that the game might be a first-person shooter.
Which I personally would have nothing against.
Posted on Reply
#7
IceScreamer
I never played any of the Witcher games, and to be honest I haven't really played a major single-player game since Deus Ex HR.
This might be the first one in a while I pick up. I have great respect for CD Projekt RED, and them making a game with a world and atmosphere similar to Deus Ex is honestly a dream come true.
Now, I just hope I'll be able to run it.
Posted on Reply
#8
AsRock
TPU addict
IceScreamer said:
I never played any of the Witcher games, and to be honest I haven't really played a major single-player game since Deus Ex HR.
This might be the first one in a while I pick up. I have great respect for CD Projekt RED, and them making a game with a world and atmosphere similar to Deus Ex is honestly a dream come true.
Now, I just hope I'll be able to run it.
A crime if i ever heard one :).
Posted on Reply
#9
Estaric
Witcher 3 was a amazing game and if this game is even 75% of the game Witcher was it will be worth it
Posted on Reply
#10
IceScreamer
AsRock said:
A crime if i ever heard one :).
I know i know, but im not much into the whole medieval genre. I might give it a go someday.
Posted on Reply
#11
Upgrayedd
The wait is ez, I got Witcher 3 to replay.
I might pre-order only because ots CDPR and their reputation makes it ok. I will however painstakingly try to wait to play after release for patches and fixes as long as my heart can take it, quest breaking bugs are no fun.
Posted on Reply
#12
Mescalamba
Well, count me in.. Im curious.

Wouldnt mind if they polished W3 a bit more, added some DLC. I mean, it still has some work to be done (like adding back all stuff skipped on first go).

On other hand, its great as it is. So Cyberpunk, yep.. all in. Loved Deus Ex, if its anything close to it.. close to heaven then. :)
Posted on Reply
#13
lexluthermiester
Th3pwn3r said:
I think I'll buy it without knowing anything about it. Witcher was that good for me.
While I can't share that same level of enthusiasm, I think this is an exciting development! Looking forward to seeing what they have going on.
Posted on Reply
#14
FrustratedGarrett
Th3pwn3r said:
I think I'll buy it without knowing anything about it. Witcher was that good for me.
Witcher 3 is an OK game. There's nothing exceptional about it.
Posted on Reply
#15
lexluthermiester
FrustratedGarrett said:
Witcher 3 is an OK game. There's nothing exceptional about it.
There's a lot of people who will disagree with you there...
Posted on Reply
#17
dj-electric
The most awarded game in history, if i recall correctly.
The standard set for CP2077 is insanely high.
Posted on Reply
#20
Vya Domus
Th3pwn3r said:
I think I'll buy it without knowing anything about it.
That's when you give them the opportunity to burn you. This marks the downfall of many franchisee , the tipping point when they figure they can get away with increasingly inferior products. Make no mistake , Projekt Red is in the business of making money , after the one about making games.
Posted on Reply
#21
zilul
Hope for a Mass effect spiritual successor.
Posted on Reply
#22
spectatorx
I hope pc version will be on vulkan and not just for windows. About story and gameplay i'm pretty much sure these will be good.
Posted on Reply
#23
rtwjunkie
PC Gaming Enthusiast
Vya Domus said:
That's when you give them the opportunity to burn you. This marks the downfall of many franchisee , the tipping point when they figure they can get away with increasingly inferior products. Make no mistake , Projekt Red is in the business of making money , after the one about making games.
Except you forget, they self publish. They don’t release until it’s ready, which is why they have had an entire studio working since 2014 on Cyberpunk 2077 and released exactly 1 tidbit in that entire time. They make money by doing things right. Just look at what they did with the first Witcher.
Posted on Reply
#25
Th3pwn3r
FrustratedGarrett said:
Witcher 3 is an OK game. There's nothing exceptional about it.
You probably didn't play the game much if at all. What game do you find to be exceptional?

cucker tarlson said:
CP2077 might be an fps&rpg crossover

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758
Shadowrun had that feel to it.

Vya Domus said:
That's when you give them the opportunity to burn you. This marks the downfall of many franchisee , the tipping point when they figure they can get away with increasingly inferior products. Make no mistake , Projekt Red is in the business of making money , after the one about making games.
Losing $60 is nothing to me, I have spent maybe $100 on games in 3 years. Besides, I can afford it. That aside, if you played Witcher you can see how much work they put into their games and see the company takes pride in their work.

rtwjunkie said:
Except you forget, they self publish. They don’t release until it’s ready, which is why they have had an entire studio working since 2014 on Cyberpunk 2077 and released exactly 1 tidbit in that entire time. They make money by doing things right. Just look at what they did with the first Witcher.
They clearly to above and beyond with their games. I'd rank them as one of the best teams, maybe the best now, Kojima is gone so...
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment