Monday, December 10th 2018

Thermaltake Pacific R1 Plus Memory Lighting a Smarter Alternative to Dummy Modules

Earlier today we brought you the story of the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Lighting Enhancement kit, a $40 pair of dummy modules that fill up your vacant DIMM slots, a solution that polarized our readers to call it both genius and dumb. Thermaltake has a saner solution to fix your memory lighting woes - the Pacific R1 Plus Memory Lighting kit. This accessory latches on to your DIMM 4-slot cluster much like memory air coolers, but instead provides four LED diffusers that gives the appearance of four RGB LED illuminated modules. The best part is you can have any type of standard-height memory underneath, DDR2-thru-DDR4.

The top with four diffusers plugs into a single addressable RGB header. Each diffuser has 9 LEDs underneath, totaling 36. If you don't have an aRGB-capable motherboard, Thermaltake is also including an RGB controller module that lets you plug the kit into a USB 2.0 header and control via the company's own TT RGB Plus app. Measuring 156 mm x 51.1 mm x 43 mm (WxHxD), it weighs about 168 g. The company didn't reveal pricing.
Add your own comment

20 Comments on Thermaltake Pacific R1 Plus Memory Lighting a Smarter Alternative to Dummy Modules

#1
Mussels
Moderprator
the added height would make it block a lot of cooling options, but its an uglier alternative i guess
Posted on Reply
#2
Supercrit
Full addressable RGB watercooled dummy PC with tempered glass when?
Posted on Reply
#4
Vlada011
Terrible thing.
Absurd and useless.
Posted on Reply
#5
CheapMeat
Weirdly like it. Also adds "bulk" to the RAM that I feel like balances out a CPU cooler and GPU in Z height. For example, it matches well with the cladding on that motherboard shown. And if you really want RGB, it's probably a cheaper way to do so by getting the cheaper RAM and then adding this rather than more expensive variants. Although I never gone, I also liked the older RAM coolers that Corsair and others had too; in terms of adding more customization and bulk to a build. I don't care if others think it's an e-peen thing. Those folks literally complain about everything that makes this PC hobby great.

The only thing that bothers me is that software wise, none of the solutions out there seem to have an option that shows true RAM activity unlike Crucial's Ballistix Tactical Tracers (DDR1-DDR2-DDR3). Even Crucial's DDR4 variants don't. That's a huge appeal to me as a blinkenlights fan. Although the other options are adequate.
Posted on Reply
#6
Ferrum Master
Treat it like botox injections to a ugly faced PC.

Making things even worse.

There is demand for that... unfortunately...
Posted on Reply
#7
bajs11
rgb motherboard - check
rgb ram - check
rgb case - check
rgb cpu cooler - check
rgb gpu - check
rgb keyboard - check
now we just need a gamer wrapped in rgb
Posted on Reply
#8
Nuckles56
bajs11 said:
rgb motherboard - check
rgb ram - check
rgb case - check
rgb cpu cooler - check
rgb gpu - check
rgb keyboard - check
now we just need a gamer wrapped in rgb
100% certain we can find that for you with enough google-fu
Posted on Reply
#9
GlacierNine
bajs11 said:
rgb motherboard - check
rgb ram - check
rgb case - check
rgb cpu cooler - check
rgb gpu - check
rgb keyboard - check
now we just need a gamer wrapped in rgb
You forgot RGB PSUs, but thermaltake has you covered.

Also RGB SSDs, but that's OK, TeamGroup makes the T-Force Delta.

Also RGB cables, but that's fine, Lian Li has the Strimer.

Also RGB mouse and mousepad but Razer and steelseries both have options.

RGB chairs? Vertagear has you covered.

RGB monitors? Yup, Asus has a couple, including their top end ROG monitor.

There's also RGB watercooling fittings, pumps, and blocks from thermaltake and others.

Anything I missed? Or have we RGBd literally everything now?
Posted on Reply
#10
Paganstomp
No worries, bro. A non-windowed case will fix almost anything. :D
Posted on Reply
#11
bajs11
GlacierNine said:
You forgot RGB PSUs, but thermaltake has you covered.

Also RGB SSDs, but that's OK, TeamGroup makes the T-Force Delta.

Also RGB cables, but that's fine, Lian Li has the Strimer.

Also RGB mouse and mousepad but Razer and steelseries both have options.

RGB chairs? Vertagear has you covered.

RGB monitors? Yup, Asus has a couple, including their top end ROG monitor.

There's also RGB watercooling fittings, pumps, and blocks from thermaltake and others.

Anything I missed? Or have we RGBd literally everything now?
which is why i asked for a rgb gamer or more precisely rgb outfits, from pants to shirts to even underwear and naturally glasses since I wear them

I believe Kingston got a perfect rgb ssd:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Kingston/HyperX_Fury_RGB_480_GB/

with a very fitting name too
Hyper Fury, it just sounds so, uh manly, yeah lets go with that
Posted on Reply
#12
Chaitanya
GlacierNine said:
You forgot RGB PSUs, but thermaltake has you covered.

Also RGB SSDs, but that's OK, TeamGroup makes the T-Force Delta.

Also RGB cables, but that's fine, Lian Li has the Strimer.

Also RGB mouse and mousepad but Razer and steelseries both have options.

RGB chairs? Vertagear has you covered.

RGB monitors? Yup, Asus has a couple, including their top end ROG monitor.

There's also RGB watercooling fittings, pumps, and blocks from thermaltake and others.

Anything I missed? Or have we RGBd literally everything now?
Rgb wifi routers from Netgear(XR500)
Rgb speakers from creative/logi/razer
Rgb headset stand from corsair
Rgb headsets from various makers
Rgb mousepads from CM, TT, etc...
Rgb soundcard from creative
Posted on Reply
#13
Digital Dreams
RGB all the things!

Yeah, no thanks. I'm getting too old for this hobbie I guess...
Posted on Reply
#14
bonehead123
seems like the only thing left that has not been RGB'd is yo momma, dadda, youngins and dem 4-legged furry critters...

aw crap, sorry for posting the product leaks.... seems I somehow forgot about that NDA I signed yesterday, hahahaha :)
Posted on Reply
#15
Object55
Whoa, I need this. Gonna put it on my Gene XI and when people ask, how did I get Gene board with 4 ram slots. I'll just lean in and whisper - I downloaded it!
Posted on Reply
#16
GlacierNine
Object55 said:
Whoa, I need this. Gonna put it on my Gene XI and when people ask, how did I get Gene board with 4 ram slots. I'll just lean in and whisper - I downloaded it!
How many ultra-nerds do you hang with that are actually going to ask this question unprompted?
Posted on Reply
#17
Object55
GlacierNine said:
How many ultra-nerds do you hang with that are actually going to ask this question unprompted?
How nerdy you have to be to think that's an actual scenario ?
Posted on Reply
#18
XXL_AI
Seriously, who the hell uses RGB on their gaming-or-workstation rig? it is distracting, nothing more.
Posted on Reply
#19
Viruzz
Say what you want its a great idea and im buying it.
I have great 4 sticks of 3733Mhz ram that i like and dont want to replace.
Im building a new system with RGB and ram is the last thing that i need RGBfied.
Already got RGB ring for my black noctua fans that will be used on radiator
Posted on Reply
#20
bajs11
Viruzz said:
Say what you want its a great idea and im buying it.
I have great 4 sticks of 3733Mhz ram that i like and dont want to replace.
Im building a new system with RGB and ram is the last thing that i need RGBfied.
Already got RGB ring for my black noctua fans that will be used on radiator
may I recommend you this fabulous outfit to go with your new super awesome RGB pc
http://led-clothing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1424221380f5a194cc3041382020f1f2/d/s/dsc08887.jpg

there is also a pair of RBG led bra on Etsy that you should totally get for your significant other
hmm I think im gonna buy that for mine
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment