Friday, January 23rd 2009
Some of you may have read the news post about the DFI CPU cooler, spotted on one of their boards. Not a lot of information has been made available, but we got the specifications right here for you. The cooler is made by Prolimatech, a firm established in 2008. This means that the cooler is not from Thermalright, as previously believed. It could also be possible, that the image of the DFI board with the cooler used means nothing and that DFI will not be entering the CPU cooler business after all. The "Megahalems" cooler comes with the following features:
- Minimal air resistance between fins allowing best balance between noise and performance in range of 800-1200RPM
- Heatpipes are lined up in a straight line to prevent air back draft allowing air to easily pass through the heatsink body
- Wide fins with mathematically calculated thickness to maximize best air-to-surface cooling rate
- Uniquely designed, easy-to-install socket 775 and 1366 retention mechanism to increase cooling ability.
- Easy to apply, high grade thermal compound, a perfect sidekick to all Prolimatech heatsinks