Friday, May 1st 2009
GSC Game World, publisher of the highly-acclaimed Survival FPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. title, is glad to announce today that a new project in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is on its way - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat for PC. Call of Pripyat is the working title of the game, so it might change before the final game is released. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat will become the third stand-alone game from the series. The events in the game unfold shortly after the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Having discovered about the open path to the Zone center, the government decides to hold a large-scale military "Fairway" operation aimed to take the CNPP under control. However, the operation becomes a major fail, and a team of Ukraine Security Service agents is sent to collect information on reasons behind the operation's bad ending. Players will take on the role of an agent, and write their own story from that point on. The title is slated for release in fall 2009. Below are some of the main features of this new exciting game.
- Photorealistic exclusion Zone -- Pripyat town, Yanov railway station, Jupiter factory, Kopachi village and more, recreated by their true-to-life prototypes.
- New story, a number of unique characters.
- Extended system of side quests.
- New monsters: Chimera and Burer. New behaviour and abilities for all monsters.
- New A-Life system, created using the players' best-liked elements of the first two games in series.
- Emissions considerably influence the world of the Zone.
- Sleep function added into the game.
- New player interface.
- Possibility to continue the game after completion in a freeplay mode.
- The game is developed on X-Ray engine v.1.6