• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 13th Gen Support?

Chiefmusician

Still need to figure out why I can't adjust power for the CPU for my one I wonder...
I have the Titan as well but why do you want to set it to more than 200W? You can get better performance by undervolting further. I managed a single run result of 37.5k with the 200W limit. But if you must increase the PL my suggestion is to just set the IMON slope to 80 or something for now.
Also, did you manage to overclock the RAM?

TheNaitsyrk

I have the Titan as well but why do you want to set it to more than 200W? You can get better performance by undervolting further. I managed a single run result of 37.5k with the 200W limit. But if you must increase the PL my suggestion is to just set the IMON slope to 80 or something for now.
I did everything and power doesn't go up. I would easily be able to get 40k

Chiefmusician

I did everything and power doesn't go up. I would easily be able to get 40k
Set IMON slope to 80. Power limit throttling will go away. Also disable TDC and use XTU to set current limit to unlimited. I just tried it and I’m able to draw 210W+ (The actual readings are lower since IMON causes CPU to report lower than actual power consumption)

Fiskage

Any estimation on when the 9.5.1 comes out? I would be interested in the beta also in the meantime.

Hello Unclewebb!First off,thank you for all that you do,can you please send me the beta link for 13th gen mobile support also?I have a Legion 7i Pro 13900HX with advanced bios and I can disable undervolt protection and I should be able to change most of the settings.Thanks!

Did you manage to get your Legion working with the undervolting? I just got mine and without undervolting the 13900HX seems to really run too hot for my taste

TheNaitsyrk

Set IMON slope to 80. Power limit throttling will go away. Also disable TDC and use XTU to set current limit to unlimited. I just tried it and I’m able to draw 210W+ (The actual readings are lower since IMON causes CPU to report lower than actual power consumption)
Any way to avoid using XTU?

Quisarious

Hello, may I please have access to the beta? Have a 13950HX and would like to use throttlestop instead of XTU.

Thanks!

rauger

Hello @unclewebb Just got my hands on a Raptor Lake 13980HX. I'm happy to test your beta version and provide you feedback.
Been using ThrottleStop for years now, I can't live without it :)
In any case, I could undervolt and change power limits with 9.5 but I'm curious what 9.5.1 brings ..

Reactions: Lei

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I'm curious what 9.5.1 brings ..
Just a couple of minor bug fixes for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs. The new beta lets you adjust IccMax as high as 511.75 vs 255.75 for the previous version. It gives you access to the turbo multipliers for the E cores and it fixes how some of the voltages in the FIVR window are labelled. In other words, pretty much the same old stuff.

unclewebb

any specific features
TS 9.5.1 is working correctly on 13th Gen as far as I know. The beta changes are very minor. Let me know if you see anything that does not look right.

neteng101

@unclewebb is it possible for me to get the beta version as well - I have 9.5 working on my 13900HX, would like to see if I can tweak E-cores as well. Thanks.

I myself was able to get such as well; curious, what are your undervolt settings?

Also, what is "TDC"?

Attachments

• 82C2.png
    82C2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 142

TheNaitsyrk

I myself was able to get such as well; curious, what are your undervolt settings?

Also, what is "TDC"?
Could you share your settings for undervolt to achieve 37.5k? I will share how to increase the power limit once I figure it out.

neteng101

These are my quick results on a 13900HX Legion 32.8k - its supposed to be capable of 190W but doesn't quite hit that. CPU is OC with the undervolt, E-cores set to 40. All P-cores run at 4.4, E-cores at 3.6 core clocks during the short run at PL1, ring runs at 4.4.

Attachments

• R23-TS1.png
    R23-TS1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
  • TS-UV-01.png
    TS-UV-01.png
    454.7 KB · Views: 188

TheNaitsyrk

These are my quick results on a 13900HX Legion 32.8k - its supposed to be capable of 190W but doesn't quite hit that. CPU is OC with the undervolt, E-cores set to 40. All P-cores run at 4.4, E-cores at 3.6 core clocks during the short run at PL1, ring runs at 4.4.
Fair bit slower than 13980HX

Glucan

9.5 shows "not available" on laptop 12500H. Is there anything to do?

neteng101

9.5 shows "not available" on laptop 12500H. Is there anything to do?
If you're lucky, there might be an option in bios to do a slight undervolt. Asus has that on some laptops, but its very limited undervolting.

Or get an unlocked CPU, with a laptop that also let's you disable undervolt protection in bios.

unclewebb

hoping there will be some solution to unblock in the future
Undervolting will never be a feature of H series processors. Intel wants to give users a reason to buy more expensive HX and HK processors. Increasing profits is more important than satisfied customers.