• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

30fps doubling image in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
Have you turned your 30fps cap off? If not, try it and see if that does anything. Also, have you turned on v-sync in any of the affected games? Also, its an off chance but do you have both power connectors plugged into the card? (I think 6870 has two) If yes on all of those, sometimes just reseating the card does wonders.

laimis911

Guys thank you all for trying to help but I've tried everything ,the main problem I've found and I read about it that even most powerful PC can't match old xbox360 or PS3 in some cases ,because consoles are created for gaming . you should watch what Joch Carmack says about how 10times more powerful PCs than consoles can't keep up with games like consoles and the main reason are DRIVERS. PC can have more ram,more powerful GPU and CPU but consoles have faster cycles between point A and point Z . Every frame must go through Windows ,drivers etc ,while consoles doesn't have most of these unnecessary things and every rendered frame goes much faster to the monitor ,That's why consoles have much smoother image ,no mater if there 25fps 30fps or 60fps . watch from 2m39s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hapCuhAs1nA&t=2m39s

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Guys thank you all for trying to help but I've tried everything ,the main problem I've found and I read about it that even most powerful PC can't match old xbox360 or PS3 in some cases ,because consoles are created for gaming . you should watch what Joch Carmack says about how 10times more powerful PCs than consoles can't keep up with games like consoles and the main reason are DRIVERS. PC can have more ram,more powerful GPU and CPU but consoles have faster cycles between point A and point Z . Every frame must go through Windows ,drivers etc ,while consoles doesn't have most of these unnecessary things and every rendered frame goes much faster to the monitor ,That's why consoles have much smoother image ,no mater if there 25fps 30fps or 60fps . watch from 2m39s

Awesome observation! I mean you really are an oracle of knowledge!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Definitely trade the PC in for a XBox. I see this as a good move.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64

This is, the dumbest thing, I have ever heard, In my entire life.. I'm sorry, I hate myself for saying that, but it's tru.. Shoot yourself in the foot please..
Tell you what, next time Nasa uses an Xbox to get to the moon, you let me know...

Awesome observation! I mean you really are an oracle of knowledge!
IKR.. It hurt my head to read those words.. I swear I felt my brain explode in a small area..

No console competes with high end pc gaming. AT ALL, in ANY way, shape or form. Only a complete idiot or someone working for console makers would say that.
Anyone who knows better... Well, they know better. That is just painfully false.

You really think My 2 thousand dollar pc, can't beat the holy shit out of a crapbox 5000?
Beats it so baldy, when the next gen of xbox comes out, it's kids will be retarded..

"I sincerely hope my use of the word retarded doesn't offend anyone, just (trying) to be funny"

Definitely trade the PC in for a XBox. I see this as a good move.

+1

I think this was just a troll.

Last edited:

laimis911

This is, the dumbest thing, I have ever heard, In my entire life.. I'm sorry, I hate myself for saying that, but it's tru.. Shoot yourself in the foot please..
Tell you what, next time Nasa uses an Xbox to get to the moon, you let me know...
John Carmak is programing genius and he says that PC struggling in many cases vs console and you still defending your PC . have you even listen what he said ? I guess not . with your GTX680 you don't have any problems because most games you are running from 50fps-X but try any game to cap at 30fps you will see how crappy it looks . if you spend zillion $ on your PC it doesn't mean that your PC is better in every way . I had a console ,now I'm PC gamer but never had problems playing Console games on 30fps while on PC it's almost unplayable.

Last edited:
System Name HAL
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
John Carmak is programing genius and he says that PC struggling in many cases vs console and you still defending your PC . have you even listen what he said ? I guess not . with your GTX680 you don't have any problems because most games you are running from 50fps-X but try any game to cap at 30fps you will see how crappy it looks . if you spend zillion $ on your PC it doesn't mean that your PC is better in every way . I had a console ,now I'm PC gamer but never had problems playing Console games on 30fps while on PC it's almost unplayable.

John f-tar is a f-tard..
I was on console until the ps3.. It does NOT compete and making any statement to sound as if they compete in any way at all. Is ridiculous.. Period..
Lol you are cluless dude. Go to Xbox forums or something.. You have no idea and John whatshisface is just trying to make more money so he can pay his bills. I don't need to defend my pc. My pc is so BA, it's capable of getting up, sprouting legs and kicking ass all on it's own..

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

He was talking about RAGE. The reason he was talking like that was to push his console based game. Since then he has recanted his statement after the MASSIVE backlash he suffered. Yes Carmack is a programming genius. Hes also a promoter. Guess which side of the mouth he was speaking with in that video.

As for the "Console being 1337" you honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Even wonder why BF3 is limited to low res. textures and 32 players on the console and the PC has DX11, high res. textures and 64 players? Hmmm? I give you two guesses and one ain't because the console is stronger.

John f-tar is a f-tard.

Thats ummmmmm yeah ok. Really man?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

This is complete and utter rubbish. The situation with judder is as I explained to you earlier in this thread.

Carmack might be good at writing games, but he's still talking crap. Why? Because there's money in consoles so he wants to big them up and convince people like you to buy them so that he can make more profit. Carmack is lying.

While it's true that there's a lot of software overhead in Windows, there's still a ton more rendering power available than any console.

You'll see exactly the same judder on a console as a PC when they're both rendering at the same 30fps on a 60Hz monitor. Period. If they're both rendering at 60fps on a 60Hz monitor and vsync-locked then the smoothness will be perfect and equal on both the PC and the console.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
Console people, go play on your consoles. If you're happy with that then stay there, And be content deluding yourself into thinking they can outperform any decent PC. And stop trying to compare; there is no comparison between a briggs and stratton and a PT6; or Sega and Bethesda; etc...

laimis911

He was talking about RAGE. The reason he was talking like that was to push his console based game. Since then he has recanted his statement after the MASSIVE backlash he suffered. Yes Carmack is a programming genius. Hes also a promoter. Guess which side of the mouth he was speaking with in that video.

As for the "Console being 1337" you honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Even wonder why BF3 is limited to low res. textures and 32 players on the console and the PC has DX11, high res. textures and 64 players? Hmmm? I give you two guesses and one ain't because the console is stronger.

stop . people you are speaking all about graphics and power , my question in the first post was not about graphics or power ,but about "double image" yes I know that PC is more powerful and i already said that in older posts ,but PC has to go through much more things before frame goes to monitor unlike console and you must think about this, that sometimes power is not the only factor which matters. I don't care who has the better graphics ,I'm here to find an answer why 30fps looks like crap on any PC while on console looks nice and smooth . Take any game like Skyrim, Assassins Creed etc lock at 30fps play a bit ,go to console play the same game they are at 30fps . The difference will be HUGE . I believe even if Carmack trying to push his game that way there is much truth in his words .

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
stop . people you are speaking all about graphics and power , my question in the first post was not about graphics or power ,but about "double image" yes I know that PC is more powerful and i already said that in older posts ,but PC has to go through much more things before frame goes to monitor unlike console and you must think about this, that sometimes power is not the only factor which matters. I don't care who has the better graphics ,I'm here to find an answer why 30fps looks like crap on any PC while on console looks nice and smooth . Take any game like Skyrim, Assassins Creed etc lock at 30fps play a bit ,go to console play the same game they are at 30fps . The difference will be HUGE . I believe even if Carmack trying to push his game that way there is much truth in his words .

I'm beginning to think that you're living on another planet. I just explained to you a couple of posts ago that this is BS. Let me repeat the phrase again: You'll see exactly the same judder on a console as a PC when they're both rendering at the same 30fps on a 60Hz monitor. Period. If they're both rendering at 60fps on a 60Hz monitor and vsync-locked then the smoothness will be perfect and equal on both the PC and the console.

Remember, judder IS a double image. They are one and the same thing.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
have you tried not using the frame limiter because if i cap skyrim at 30fps instead of 59 with bandicam it does exactly what your describing.
Also how is the pc connected to the tv ?

laimis911

I'm beginning to think that you're living on another planet. I just explained to you a couple of posts ago that this is BS. Let me repeat the phrase again: You'll see exactly the same judder on a console as a PC when they're both rendering at the same 30fps on a 60Hz monitor. Period. If they're both rendering at 60fps on a 60Hz monitor and vsync-locked then the smoothness will be perfect and equal on both the PC and the console.
Nooo it's not the same how many times I have to repeat myself !:) honestly ,did you ever had a console ? I'm telling you THE DIFFERENCE IS HUGE same 30fps console vs PC (no doubling ,smooth image on console )

Last edited:

laimis911

have you tried not using the frame limiter because if i cap skyrim at 30fps instead of 59 with bandicam it does exactly what your describing.
Also how is the pc connected to the tv ?
I'm using HDMI . If my fps uncapped doubling is less noticeable . I don't have any problems playing on higher fps 40 and more but games like Assassins creed, witcher 2 are more playable when fps are capped ,less stuttering and lag . but doing so makes image doubling . In general anything less than 40fps looks crappy

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Nooo it's not the same how many times I have to repeat myself !:) honestly ,did you ever had a console ? I'm telling you THE DIFFERENCE IS HUGE same 30fps console vs PC (no doubling ,smooth image on console )

Rubbish. You obviously haven't a clue how pictures are generated on a monitor/TV. You really should just google it and learn for yourself. You'll see I'm dead right.

If the console animation is looking smooth, it's because it's rendering at 60fps. Depending on the game and what's happening in the game, at times the framerate may drop, giving rise to judder/doubling/strobing whatever the fuck you wanna call it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

I have a couple consoles and a PC. 30fps between on them on either my monitor or TV results in no difference to me. I'm pretty convinced your troubles lay elsewhere. Without being able to rercreate your problem, I unfortunately have no answer.

Benetanegia

I lost interest a long time ago because it seems pretty clear the OP is more interested in whining and trolling than having his problem solved, but I'll say something.

First of all, the problem is not the PC or PC vs consoles. Period. Any healthy PC can render at any framerate without a doubling of the image such as the one shown in the OP.

You are capping your framerates to 30. What are you using and just stop using it (or reinstall) since that program is what is causing the problem.

/thread

System Name HAL

Sorry yea, a bit over the line from me. I just know exactly what you said is true. He was pushing rage, of course he's going to lie, so he can make more money off it. Let's not forget rage flopped btw..

It's just something about sincere ignorance, that really gets to me. I hate it when people spew opinions as if they are facts.. Especially when they don't even understand the opinions they are talking about but act like they do..
Xbox vs pc is what this guy is trying to turn this thread into. If it comes down to that...
:roll:

Ok so you like having no graphics options and sub par hardware.. Ok we get it, have fun with that..

35 years old and I was console gaming until the ps3 came out. I know what they do..
The insinuations you are making are total rubbish.. Learn how things work, refresh rates and hardware then come back with something that actually makes sense.. Not just something you thinks makes sense because you have no idea wth is going on..

And I am stepping away from this topic on that note..lol

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
It doesn't matter how the consoles work internally. The picture is made the same way as far as animation goes and that's what matters. If it wasn't, the monitor/TV couldn't display it.

But how the display handles that signal is different, that is what you have to understand. A lot of pre-processing is done on the hardware to make is scale properly to the panel and TVs do this differently.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
But how the display handles that signal is different, that is what you have to understand. A lot of pre-processing is done on the hardware to make is scale properly to the panel and TVs do this differently.

No, this has nothing to do with scaling. No amount of processing gets around the basic fact that rendering 30fps on a 60Hz monitor (vsync or no vsync) will lead to judder and rendering 60fps on a 60Hz monitor with vsync on will lead to a totally smoothly animated picture. Anyone that understands how a picture is created on the monitor (LCD or CRT or plasma, makes no difference here) will get this. It's worth googling it if you're unsure.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
All I can say about this whole thread is if the PC with doubled images was in my hands it wouldn't have the issue you are experiencing. (most if not all other people in this thread will tell you this.) /thread

Being very blunt with this, but urdoinitwrong!

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Software Windows 10
Idk what the deal is, but like qubit just said I can run any game I have at any frame without any judder whatsoever. It will bog down of course in graphically intense places, but I have never ever seen any kind of doubling at any frame from 5-60 in any game.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
laimis911 said:
I haz 1 prob with PC because I try to fuck with it. I no have same prob with console

Console must be better at 30 FPS than PC at 30 FPS let me find evidence aka BS on google and tell my story on forum and not listen to what others say because my logic that 30 FPS > 30 FPS is obviously right because I'm king of the world

Yes, console is better at 30 fps because of windows overhead

Guys please let him live in his fairyland
Kthxsbye

System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium wars is locked to 30 fps. it has none of these issues.

laimis911, stop spreading crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.