• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do you think Trump's presidency will affect the hardware industry?

Do you think Donald Trump's presidency will affect the hardware industry?

• Yes, I'm concerned

Votes: 3,124 28.3%
  • Yes, things will be better

Votes: 1,555 14.1%
  • No, nothing will change

Votes: 4,980 45.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1,377 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
And if you worked for the government agency involved, as I do, you would understand that I cannot do that without losing the means to support my family.

I would hope after years of interaction on here and in PM's and even a friendship, after a fashion, you would allow me a little bit of credibility and suspension of your disbelief on a subject I obviously know well because it is my profession.
Oh yes, you're definitely a liar. :p

But seriously, as you've seen these things from the inside and I know you to be a decent and trustworthy person, I'm inclined to take your word for it rather than some research organization which might have been paid off to come up with a certain result. Not saying they did, but I can't rule it out either. The result could be wrong for many other reasons too, outside of corruption.

@CAPSLOCKSTUCK c'mon Caps, you have to join our pm. Just say the word! :D

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Excuse me I didnt read the whole thread

Trump is lowering corporate taxes. Apple had hundreds of Billions of dollars off shore as to not pay taxes. They as well as other companies will be moving that money back to the US. This should boost jobs and the industry

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Oh yes, you're definitely a liar. :p

But seriously, as you've seen these things from the inside and I know you to be a decent and trustworthy person, I'm inclined to take your word for it rather than some research organization which might have been paid off to come up with a certain result. Not saying they did, but I can't rule it out either. The result could be wrong for many other reasons too, outside of corruption.

@CAPSLOCKSTUCK c'mon Caps, you have to join our pm. Just say the word! :D

OK...tag me in........theres only 11 minutes left of the MotoGP practice anyway and ive been watching it since 08.00

System Name Team Crimson
Processor AMD FX 8320
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory DDR3 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB RAM
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) AOC 2752H 27" 1080p
Case NZXT Source 220 Windowed
Power Supply Antec Earthworks 650W
Mouse Logitech M510/ AGPTEK T-90 Zelotes
Keyboard Logitech K360/ iBUYPOWER TTC RED Switch Mechanical
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit
More than 80% of integrated circuits in the world is being produced by US, it makes sense to have an assembly there too. After all chinese have had their growth for some time now and the effects can be observed:
https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/15/employment-in-chinas-tech-industry/

I suspect you'll going to see more and more corporations providing housing for their workforce as a part of the compensation for the lower-than-expected salary.

Actually, these completely vacant luxury condo cities are all part of the plan to move the workers into complexes of walk-in closet size units.
The same has been planned for the US with micro-housing:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Usually people like Trump, end up totally different presidents/prime ministers, after they win, compared to what the do and what they say while running their campaign. We will have to wait and see, but I don't think it will change anything for the tech industry. If he does try to do something, that will probably have more impact on the newspaper headlines, than the industry.
Jefferson was a prime example of that. A very conservative fellow, he approved the Louisiana Purchase and there was no Constitutional provisions for him to even do so. The idea wasn't popular with his own party but the deal was so good, they largely forgave him.

Excuse me I didnt read the whole thread

Trump is lowering corporate taxes. Apple had hundreds of Billions of dollars off shore as to not pay taxes. They as well as other companies will be moving that money back to the US. This should boost jobs and the industry
Specifically, Trump wants to do a 10% repatriation tax holiday so the trillions of dollars sitting overseas can be brought home and invested. If it all comes back, that's $200+ billion in federal tax revenue that can be put towards something like infrastructure. It's always been a sticky subject in Congress (because it's symptomatic of poor tax code) so I'm not sure it will actually happen yet.

PSA: This is the best place to be discussing politics.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
All of which is greatly in the realm of total politics, and way outside the bounds of the OP question. You are welcome to join with me and @qubit and @TheMailMan78 in PM if you want. You too @CAPSLOCKSTUCK since you are also a very vocal outsider to our political system who also only has part of the story because you're not here. Just let me know.
Ill gladly tag along and learn your insights!

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
There are many more Americans out of work than obama administration publishes.
It hasn't been just the BHO administration, but they have brought information manipulation to a new level, and that may very well have been one of the key factors of this election. Example: There was a government study that included the Head Start program, a favorite of the liberals, that was completed before GWB left office, but he left it up to BHO when to release it. When BHO took office, he and the Democrats increased spending for the HS program and then held onto that report before releasing it at the end of the business day Christmas eve, which is about the deadest news time that there is. Why? That report said that the HS program was detrimental to the development of children!
The same has been planned for the US with micro-housing:
When Reagan became president, he talked about a city on a hill, a place to be proud of and to strive towards. When BHO talks about the USA, I feel like he's on Lowered Expectations. (yes, the MadTV skit)(check YouTube)

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
The guy is a nightmare, so I can only presume that he'll have a negative effect on prices and innovation.

It also says something about the new president when the founder of TPU wants to have a political discussion related to him, when normally politics isn't allowed.

Just look at the racist trouble caused at his rallies in this uncensored video. I can't see how someone who incites this kind of hatred can be any good for the country or the world at large.

www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-supporters.html

I'll provide the lost context. Dem. supporters started a fight and Trump supporters finished it... For every supposed Racist Trump supporter vid...I can come up with at least 10 vids of whacked out Hillary supporters attacking trump people.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
............ah .....American politics.........where we'll say what ever it takes to get us elected .......and then be assimilated by the system that be 2 months later...... Resistance is futile............

.......we are MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....a totally US built tech prices would be horrifying.....

Last edited:
Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
Do you think his agenda of bringing manufacturing jobs back to America will impact things such as PC hardware prices, availability, innovation?

How will Trump's stated opposition to the Trans Pacific Partnership affect the free flow and wide availability of hardware products?

The purpose of this debate is not to join a chorus of doomsayers and alarmists in the wake of the election results. We didn't take a position as a publication either way. We're more interested in trying to understand what you think will happen next for the tech industry, and get a nice, broader, somewhat-political discussion going.

Its true some industries such as mass produced tech "PCs, Tablets Phones" will mostly stay overseas for exactly why you said. Its not just price. Its logistics. What could happen is the US market will have a more fertile place for home grown innovation we already have a head start in such as alternative energies and I HOPE space. Even if we tackle steel production it will be better than nothing.

Will Trump have an effect on tech. Yes. Just not the tech we use on a personal level yet. It will be industrial. Remember America isn't known to make small things anymore. We make the machines China makes their products with. Only one that comes close to us in that arena is Germany and lets face it. We can do it just as good but cheaper. That's not a dig at Germany quality. Its just our labor laws don't have as high standards as your nation does. Its cheaper to build here and get the same quality. As a capitalist the choice is clear. Now if you guys keep importing cheap labor out of Syria........um taking in "refugees" that may change.

W1zzard I know you're not trolling on purpose and this is a legit thread but, my god its a beautiful beast.
. No kidding, Doctor Who Tom Baker here for Trump:). Seriously though, TPP is a freaking disaster, even Hillary had to deny she called it the "gold standard" in debates and anytime she was asked about it in media (the whole 5 times she faced the press). Also I just find it hilarious even techpowerup has to even politicize things to the point you throw out a question like this with the obvious intent of hoping everyone bashes Trump and everything he has ever said and stirring the pot. Mailman with a somewhat measured but really not that subtle way pointed out truthfully that Wizzard was trolling (intentional or not) even throwing this proverbial crap at the fan disguised as objective but with the obvious intent of suggesting Trump is a potential threat even to tech. I don't recall anyone here ever asking what effect Obama would have on anything her in his whole 8 dismal years in office and certainly not a whole 3 days after he was president elect Obama! This is laughable, but I admit I enjoy watching the millenial techies freaking out with the rest of the media that the sky is falling:).

I'll provide the lost context. Dem. supporters started a fight and Trump supporters finished it... For every supposed Racist Trump supporter vid...I can come up with at least 10 vids of whacked out Hillary supporters attacking trump people.

We also now have hundreds/thousands of paid flunkies out in the main cities blocking highways and disrupting traffic and crying because the election didn't go their way. No such thing happened when Clinton won 2x as well as Obama winning 2x....now we have people who are supposed adults literally crying because they lost, should we give them all a participation trophy?

Last edited by a moderator:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
we have people who are supposed adults literally crying because they lost, should we give them all a participation trophy?

You Sir, win the grand prize. Here in the U.S. for the last 25 or so years, the majority have raised their kids to think it doesn't matter if you win or lose. This fosters lack of effort and striving for excellence. These parents in conjunction with liberally educated schools have made no one on any sports team or contest a loser . Everybody wins, or everybody gets a participation trophy.

Now these young dickheads are dismayed that they lost. They were so woefully unprepared for life by their parents and schools that they don't understand that in life, one side always loses.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
Jefferson was a prime example of that. A very conservative fellow, he approved the Louisiana Purchase and there was no Constitutional provisions for him to even do so. The idea wasn't popular with his own party but the deal was so good, they largely forgave him.
Oh, I didn't knew about that. No wonder that Jefferson is one of the names of Presidents, non Americans like me, hear very often. That and everything he have done for the independence. It shows how great men, can build the foundations for great nations.
Until now I was thinking that only the Russians and the Tsar, where stupid enough to sell a huge land for money. But, in both situations, ironically maybe, you have to thank the British for being a threat to France and Russia, at the times of those two purchases.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
I'm confused by "Yes I'm Concerned" votes being second place, the whole PC hardware industry is offsourced to asia, if some or half of that comes back, how can it not be better, prices could be even lower, I mean, fans and enthusiast reviewers dealing with manufactuers at home could be 10 times easier than they are now with the big language barrier, feedback could be faster, niche specialized markets could be served better, heck 16:10 might even have a comeback.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Oh, I didn't knew about that. No wonder that Jefferson is one of the names of Presidents, non Americans like me, hear very often. That and everything he have done for the independence. It shows how great men, can build the foundations for great nations.
Until now I was thinking that only the Russians and the Tsar, where stupid enough to sell a huge land for money. But, in both situations, ironically maybe, you have to thank the British for being a threat to France and Russia, at the times of those two purchases.
At the time, Napoleon didn't even entirely know what he was selling because the area was unexplored. It included the most fertile land on the planet.

...heck 16:10 might even have a comeback.
Extremely unlikely. Supply and demand isn't going to be swayed much on that front. And let's be honest, there's virtually no chance monitor manufacturing would come back to the USA. The only way it would is if there were massive tariffs on their import and that seems unlikely.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
The only way it would is if there were massive tariffs on their import and that seems unlikely.

That's exactly what Trump has been suggesting for quite some time. I'm not sure if it's in the 100-day plan, even tho I read it, stuff is going fast so I forgot a bit.

http://archive.is/FM5nq

EDIT: Here it is, in the second post:

2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

However I do agree these companies aren't incorporated in US so they may not count and well, they may only get a hit so prices could go up in the short term unless they open up facilities inside US, so there may not be some change in terms of jobs here, unless he goes directly after this, but I did heard him saying "TVs are all made in asia" because he deals with installing TVs into buildings so he already said it he has this industry in his sights.

More things has developed since election, on top of the 100-day plan he put out in October, a possible move to gold standard and sound money, big big deal.

Last edited:
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
.....do people realize how massively expensive it is to produce products in the us compared to other countries? Becareful what you wish for.....

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
.....do people realize how massively expensive it is to produce products in the us compared to other countries? Becareful what you wish for.....

Because it's made to be expensive on purpose, he's gonna flip some switches, walla. It really is that easy, but ofcourse it's not easy you need to go through all formalities and ofcourse have a working team that really wants good and those who are butthurt are going to try to purposelly sabotage the system to make Trump look bad.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
It doesn't really matter what Trump has promised in his campaign bid. It's theatrics and showmanship. Economies will shift when the USD is no longer the main World Reserve Currency but when is the question. The Yuan and Euro are too unstable presently. Possibly a basket of currencies is a replacement for the US Reserve Currency. When the US dollar does fall then expect chaos in the world markets especially oil.

Because it's made to be expensive on purpose, he's gonna flip some switches, walla. It really is that easy, but ofcourse it's not easy you need to go through all formalities and ofcourse have a working team that really wants good and those who are butthurt are going to try to purposelly sabotage the system to make Trump look bad.

.....when you buy US your paying for pension, health insurance, unions etc that dont exsist anywhere else in the world. He cant fix the cost of labor/living difference between the countries....and no its not that easy. If we force companies to sell products cheaper....we might well be the U.S.A-R.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
More things has developed since election, on top of the 100-day plan he put out in October, a possible move to gold standard and sound money, big big deal.
That's impossible. Reason: there simply isn't enough gold to go around. On top of that, electronics use gold so the price or electronics (and other goods produced with gold) would soar.

It doesn't really matter what Trump has promised in his campaign bid. It's theatrics and showmanship. Economies will shift when the USD is no longer the main World Reserve Currency but when is the question. The Yuan and Euro are too unstable presently. Possibly a basket of currencies is a replacement for the US Reserve Currency. When the US dollar does fall then expect chaos in the world markets especially oil.
The thing is, they're all fiat currencies. Use one or another, it's all fundamentally the same. A massive switch to another fiat currency would cause instability in said currency which stops the transfer to it.

.....when you buy US your paying for pension, health insurance, unions etc that dont exsist anywhere else in the world. He cant fix the cost of labor/living difference between the countries....and no its not that easy. If we force companies to sell products cheaper....we might well be the U.S.A-R.
When you have one employee responsible for a dozen robots, it ends up being close to wash. Thing is, that requires investment and why invest when you can do it in other countries and import it for next to nothing? Companies outsource because it's cheaper. Change the equation so it isn't cheaper then outsourcing doesn't look like such a good idea.

Corporations only respond to money.

That's impossible. Reason: there simply isn't enough gold to go around. On top of that, electronics use gold so the price or electronics (and other goods produced with gold) would soar.

The thing is, they're all fiat currencies. Use one or another, it's all fundamentally the same. A massive switch to another fiat currency would cause instability in said currency which stops the transfer to it.

When you have one employee responsible for a dozen robots, it ends up being close to wash. Thing is, that requires investment and why invest when you can do it in other countries and import it for next to nothing? Companies outsource because it's cheaper. Change the equation so it isn't cheaper then outsourcing doesn't look like such a good idea.

Corporations only respond to money.

......that my good man is the billion dollar question.......how do you change the equation so its cheaper? That also wont result in the lost of millions of jobs due to automation?
People dont really hate trump.....they just dont see him as the outsider hes portrayed to be.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12

Sound money will fix a lot of things under the hood, what you have now is fiat currency, currency being made from thin air and you being forced to pay an interest on it.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

No and yes. All currencies are fiat and are only considered as "money" as long as people are willing to accept and believe that the pieces of paper that they are using to buy goods an services are worth something. The US dollar is different in that it can be "printed" without anything of value to back it up.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
......that my good man is the billion dollar question.......how do you change the equation so its cheaper? That also wont result in the lost of millions of jobs due to automation?
People dont really hate trump.....they just dont see him as the outsider hes portrayed to be.
Devalue the currency next to gold. Right now an ounce of gold goes for $1300+ USD. Several zeros would have to be added to that to reduce the amount of gold that needs to be stored as currency backing. People who possess gold would see a massive inflation in the value of it...which would open it up the robbery and the like. Gold would be too valuable to use as jewelry. It's just an altogether bad idea.

The millions of lost jobs are in the country production was moved from. It would be creating a relatively small number of good paying jobs here.

People hate Trump because he's not Clinton.

The US dollar is different in that it can be "printed" without anything of value to back it up.
That's the very definition of "fiat."