• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Input lag is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name WIN 10 PRO
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 3.6 GHz
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Coole
Memory Ballistix DDR4 16GB 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Cerberus Advanced 4GB
Storage samsung evo 860 500gb
Display(s) Benq XL 2411 z 144 Hz
Case Deepcoooler
Audio Device(s) Hyperx
Power Supply HP 500 Watt
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Keyboard mechanical Mars Gaming
Software win 10
Hey Lkzz, i have the same issue like you and i tried everything. its really a weird problem, because one day everything is fine, i have a "solid and precise" Aim while playing csgo or valorant and some days its feels delayed. i cant even strafing correctively and its killing me. the monitor is not the issue because i have a benq xl2411z 144 hz. and i tried a 60hz monitor. its also the same issue. please let me know if u find a solution im really in dispair.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Hey Lkzz, i have the same issue like you and i tried everything. its really a weird problem, because one day everything is fine, i have a "solid and precise" Aim while playing csgo or valorant and some days its feels delayed. i cant even strafing correctively and its killing me. the monitor is not the issue because i have a benq xl2411z 144 hz. and i tried a 60hz monitor. its also the same issue. please let me know if u find a solution im really in dispair.
Please fill out your system specs TechPowerUp Forums (click that)
We may see something in common and get a clue for both of you, but if you want people helping you specifically you'll need to start your own thread

System Name I'm done with you input lag
Processor Intel I7-9700kf 3.6ghz
Motherboard Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360L
Memory Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum (4 x 4)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Storage SSD M.2 Western Digital Black 200gb Pcle + Samsung HD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T27A550
Case Macube 310
Audio Device(s) Hyperx Cloud II (Normal version)
Power Supply Corsair RM 850w
Mouse Hyperx Pulsefire Core
Keyboard Hyperx Alloy Core
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Yeah, telling your system specs might help us, but do you have the same problem on Valorant and CSGO? Did you test on other games? In my case it seems like it only happens on CSGO, you may want to read the past pages and test everyting that we did so far, and trust me, we did a LOT of things, that explains why we have 9 pages hahaha

Last edited:
System Name WIN 10 PRO
Cooling AMD Wraith Coole
Case Deepcoooler
Audio Device(s) Hyperx
Power Supply HP 500 Watt
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Software win 10
i just uploaded my systemspecs. normally i play only cs 1.6 / csgo / and now valorant. some days its works fine for all games and i have a consistent aim and movement without delay, one or two days after, everything went wrong.. i have always a smooth movement and a high constant fps while playing so its not related to the fps for sure.

Case Macube 310
i just uploaded my systemspecs. normally i play only cs 1.6 / csgo / and now valorant. some days its works fine for all games and i have a consistent aim and movement without delay, one or two days after, everything went wrong.. i have always a smooth movement and a high constant fps while playing so its not related to the fps for sure.
Hmm we may need more information and some tests like CPU-Z and MemTest86, but input lag usually is something consistent, like someone said some pages before, but are you sure it's not anything related to your internet? My advice to you would be to read all the pages before, and test every solution, and test everything, once you find the error will make it easier for us to help or maybe is something from your hardware. But I would say something about your power supply, but I can be wrong. Try to use the DPC Latency Monitor.

Last edited:

username.ME?

I'm using windows 10 enterprise LTSC Eval and his ram usage is between 1,3 and 1,8

I recommend see videos red settings on youtube (spanish)

i'm using windows 10 enterprise LTSC Eval and his ram usage is between 1,3GB and 1,8GB
HOW TO OPTIMIZED WINDOWS 10 FOR GAMING, SPANISH

Case Macube 310
Actually I recommend to you creating a new thread, I still have my input lag problems, but rn we're focusing more about the constant BSOD problems, you're kinda changing the focus here, but I bet that if you read all the pages before you will solve the problem, or at least have a clue of what's causing the problem. And after weeks of testing the problem is happening just on CSGO, Valorant is actually very normal. I'll test later, but maybe something not only with CSGO, but with all Steam games, maybe something related to the Steam overlay or whatever.

System Name WIN 10 PRO
Cooling AMD Wraith Coole
Case Deepcoooler
Audio Device(s) Hyperx
Power Supply HP 500 Watt
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Software win 10
Hmm we may need more information and some tests like CPU-Z and MemTest86, but input lag usually is something consistent, like someone said some pages before, but are you sure it's not anything related to your internet? My advice to you would be to read all the pages before, and test every solution, and test everything, once you find the error will make it easier for us to help or maybe is something from your hardware. But I would say something about your power supply, but I can be wrong. Try to use the DPC Latency Monitor.
i dont think is an internet issue because in offline mode (with bots) i have the same delay. believe i tried every single details in pages before... no success.
the only part that i didnt change is the PSU ! its possible that i have maybe electricity / voltage issue ?

Check your state disk with CrystalDiskInfo
(Risk), bad
(Good), Good :v
already testet good 99% :/

I'm using windows 10 enterprise LTSC Eval and his ram usage is between 1,3 and 1,8

I recommend see videos red settings on youtube (spanish)

i'm using windows 10 enterprise LTSC Eval and his ram usage is between 1,3GB and 1,8GB
HOW TO OPTIMIZED WINDOWS 10 FOR GAMING, SPANISH
i tried all this steps. it didnt help

Case Macube 310
i dont think is an internet issue because in offline mode (with bots) i have the same delay. believe i tried every single details in pages before... no success.
the only part that i didnt change is the PSU ! its possible that i have maybe electricity / voltage issue ?

already testet good 99% :/

i tried all this steps. it didnt help
Yes, everything is possible man, but if I were you, I would create another thread and put more detailed information.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Highly unlikely. Both CPU and GPU have their own self-regulated power supply - as long as the input to this (i.e. the PSU's output) stays in spec, they will provide the required power (within a marign of error, typically quite wide at stock settings). Voltage fluctuations from the PSU will stress the VRMs more heavily, and may get bad enough to cause the VRM to go out of spec, but if that happens the system will throttle or crash, not lag (throttling would cause frame rates to drop, not vaguely defined perceptions of 'lag'). If there is a power delivery issue severe enough that it affects performance in some way, that would be visible through other metrics - sustained real-world clock speeds, for example, if the VRMs are overly stressed and trigger throttling - as PSU output voltage itself isn't directly related to performance in any meaningful way. And VRM throttling should show up in monitoring software. Check your VRM temps while gaming (if the motherboard reports them) as well as clockspeeds while gaming. Alt-tabbing out of a game isn't enough, as that will cause the system to boost differently. Play in windowed mode with HWInfo64 or similar open next to the game and make a screen recording.

Case Macube 310
I changed my SSD, I will install windows and all the stuff like games and steam, and later I will make some tests, if this BSOD stops, is probably something related to my SSD. Then I'll have to buy another one, if even after changing the SSD I still have the same problems, then I bet the problem is with the GPU or my Power supply

Well I did the test on this SSD and didn't have input lag on CSGO and Valorant. I will use it during sometime to see if the BSOD happens, if doens't than I will put back my SSD back and see if the input lag/BSOD happens, if it does, then I will format my SSD and try again. If I still have this problems, than probably is something related to SSD and I'll have to change it...

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
lkzz and walker1989

both of you have the same issues with very different hardware, but the same issue in the similar games. That leads to software.

Can both of you post screenshots of task manager and show what is in the startup tab and your system tray
You can use TPUCapture to post screenshots here easily

Heres mine as an example, and you can see i've disabled almost everything from starting with windows except logitech and corsair

Despite this, i still have a bunch of programs booting with windows

What we need to see, is what you two have in common

Case Macube 310
lkzz and walker1989

both of you have the same issues with very different hardware, but the same issue in the similar games. That leads to software.

Can both of you post screenshots of task manager and show what is in the startup tab and your system tray

Heres mine as an example, and you can see i've disabled almost everything from starting with windows except logitech and corsair

Okay when I change my SSD and put the old one back, old that I mean the one which I'm having problems such as the BSOD and the lag on CSGO, I will provide that information. But while I was using this new SSD I didn't have any input on my CSGO and I played for about 2 hours without any BSOD or that problem when the PC turns off but the fans still running. Today I will change the SSD and put the old back, then I will send this information, and also I'll see if I have the BSOD problems again, if I do then is probably something related to the SSD.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Case Macube 310
I literally just read about a windows update causing lag and stutter issues, let me find a link:
(no, we dont want to see your old SSD. only whats on the new install)

A recent Windows 10 update is trashing framerates and causing games to stutter | PC Gamer

^ try following the instructions there and removing the updates, you could have hardware affected by the issue that most of us do not
Yeah probably is something related to hardware or update, because using CrystalDiskInfo said that it was fine. And how you don't want to see my old SSD? You want me to send what's installed on it and may identify what's causing the problem, on this new SSD I don't have almost anything, expect by Discord, Steam and Valorant. But anyway when I change my SSD I send the screenshot here. Also thanks for the link, I'll read that!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
If your new SSD is problem free and your old one isnt, you can spend time trying to figure out what program it was - but thats not something to involve the forum in as it will take a long damn time to do that

If your new SSD and its new windows install is problem free, you probably should have made that clear

Case Macube 310
If your new SSD is problem free and your old one isnt, you can spend time trying to figure out what program it was - but thats not something to involve the forum in as it will take a long damn time to do that

If your new SSD and its new windows install is problem free, you probably should have made that clear
Yes I will try to do that, but you asked for the printscreen, or you dont want anymore? And I used the new SSD for one day without any problem, I'll put the old back and let's see

System Name WIN 10 PRO
Cooling AMD Wraith Coole
Case Deepcoooler
Audio Device(s) Hyperx
Power Supply HP 500 Watt
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Software win 10
lkzz and walker1989

Hey Mussels, here is a screenshot from my autostart

Attachments

• autostart.PNG
    autostart.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 80
Case Macube 310
Hey Mussels, here is a screenshot from my autostart
I will send mine later, but if I'm not wrong the only things we have in common are Steam and Vanguard, maybe Itunes, but if I'm not mistaken I deleted it. Also I will try to do what Mussels said before about the Windows update, you should check it out, see if that helps, because it seems like it's describing your problem.

Last edited:
Case Macube 310
Case Macube 310
lkzz and walker1989

1618961199917.png

There you go. The only ones activated are ReimageApp, SetupRST and the Vanguard

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter