• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your Core i9-10850K/10900K settings?

RayongRay

Thanks again UW as I wondered what the Ring down bin was for and Thermal Velocity Boost. I will try without enabling the TVB setting for the very reason you don't either and leave Ring Down Bin as is and checked.

What about the other options in this Miscellaneous box? Overclock seems to make no difference if enabled or not. AVX Offset I have no idea about so I leave that unchanged from default 0 0. V-Max Stress is for what exactly as again seems to make no difference I can see if checked or not. And finally the mv Boost @ 800 Mhz is left at default 0?? So the only option I have checked is the Ring Down Bin all else left as default unchecked.

Also what is VCCIN offset used for? Again I have left this as Default and seems to be locked as default anyway.

Hey my friend I know you are busy and I am being greedy with your time, so no rush on these questions as all is working excellently anyway. I do like to know how everything works as that is the retired electronics engineer driving me !!!! :ohwell:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Overclock seems to make no difference if enabled or not.
If you run all cores at the 50 multiplier, you do not need to check the Overclock box.

AVX Offset
This allows a person to run their computer slower when running software that uses a lot of AVX instructions. Programs like Prime95 can create a crazy amount of power consumption and heat when it pounds the CPU with endless AVX instructions. I leave this at 0 so the CPU runs at the same speed regardless of what type of instructions it needs to run. I do not spend my days running Prime95 or any other full load AVX intense software.

V-Max Stress
When this is enabled, it will slow your CPU down 100 MHz if the voltage ever gets really high. When using a 50 multiplier, the voltage should be well below this ever getting triggered so having this checked or not checked will make no difference.

mv Boost @ 800 MHz
This one is more of a laptop feature. If you use the Balanced power plan to slow your CPU down when it is lightly loaded, you might find that your undervolt is not stable. This feature allows you to increase voltage at low MHz and can help improve stability in theory. Some users with 13900HX mobile processors are starting to find this feature somewhat useful. I always use the High Performance power plan and run my CPU at a constant 5000 MHz so I do not need to use this feature.

VCCIN offset
This setting only works on older 4th and 5th Gen CPUs. That is why it is locked out on your 10th Gen CPU.

You are slowly becoming a ThrottleStop expert. I will soon be sending people your way when they need help. :D

RayongRay

Thanks to your help UW. Yes happy to help with the more simple questions as certainly no expert yet. Who said you cannot teach an old dog new tricks hmm ?? :rolleyes: