Monday, July 15th 2013
The new portable liquid chiller from Koolance, dubbed EXC-800, is rated at 800W or 2730 BTU/hr (@25°C liquid & ambient) and it makes use of Koolance's well known PMP-500 pump, with a maximum coolant output from the unit of 11L/min (2.9 gal/min) and 7.5m (24.6ft) of static head. The chiller control is based on one of four configurable temperature methods, including the option to lock liquid to ambient for avoiding condensation, or to an external K-type thermocouple sensor (not included). Along with the local temperatures and user set-point, EXC-800 can report internal coolant flow rate, pump RPM, and condenser fan RPM on a customizable 2-line OLED display. An adjustable relay trigger output on the rear of the unit is available based on temperature. The EXC-800 can be ordered from Koolance's web shop where it is listed at $1400.
- Cooling capacity: 800W (2730BTU/hr) @ 25°C liquid/ambient
- Temperature options: liquid set-point (1 to 50°C), optional external thermocouple set-point (1 to 149°C), liquid and ambient delta-T (± -50 to 50°C), external sensor and ambient delta-T (± -50 to 50°C).
- Select only values you want displayed on the front 2-line OLED display (fixed or rotating)
- Adjust pump speed with 10 level increments
- Show pump impeller speed in RPM
- Show coolant flow rate in LPM/GPM
- Show condenser fan speed in RPM
- Adjust audio alarm based on temperatures
- Relay trigger can be configured as NO or NC and adjusted based on temperatures
- Refrigerant: R-134a
- Power input: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Maximum power consumption (approximate): 450W @ 25°C, 650W @ 35°C
- Designed for operation within 0-40°C ambient and liquid temperature range