Monday, October 10th 2016

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 3DMark Performance Revealed

Ahead of its launch, a PC enthusiast with access to a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti sample in its retail packaging, managed to get the card up and running with the included DVD drivers. On a machine driven by a fairly powerful Core i7-4770K, the GTX 1050 Ti was put through 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra (DirectX 11) and 3DMark Time Spy (DirectX 12).

The GTX 1050 Ti scored 1,895 points in 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra, with a graphics score of 1,853 points. The card scored 2,513 points in 3DMark Time Spy, with a graphics score of 2,370 points. The two scores indicate performance higher than the Radeon RX 460, according to VideoCardz. The GTX 1050 (non-Ti) could perform closer to the RX 460. The latest GPU-Z screenshot confirms many of the GPU's rumored specifications.
Sources: VideoCardz, WCCFTech
Add your own comment

8 Comments on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 3DMark Performance Revealed

#1
silentbogo
Sounds about right. A stock GTX960 scores ~2400 in TimeSpy.
Reference GTX950 is ~30% slower and consumes >20% more power.
Posted on Reply
#2
evernessince
Those scores seem too close. Really no reason to even make the Ti version if it can be overcome with a small overclock.
Posted on Reply
#3
rruff
silentbogo said:
Sounds about right. A stock GTX960 scores ~2400 in TimeSpy.
Reference GTX950 is ~30% slower and consumes >20% more power.
950 is ~15% slower and consumes less power.

The difference between the 750 and 750 Ti was even less than 15%. I expect the 1050 and 1050 Ti to have about the same difference. The Ti will come with 4GB vs 2GB on the 1050 to justify a bigger price differential.

Looks like pricing will be about the same as the 750 and 750 Ti also. Pretty good FPS/$ and FPS/W boost in 2.5 years. About 2x on both.
Posted on Reply
#4
silentbogo
rruff said:
950 is ~15% slower and consumes less power.

The difference between the 750 and 750 Ti was even less than 15%. I expect the 1050 and 1050 Ti to have about the same difference. The Ti will come with 4GB vs 2GB on the 1050 to justify a bigger price differential.

Looks like pricing will be about the same as the 750 and 750 Ti also. Pretty good FPS/$ and FPS/W boost in 2.5 years. About 2x on both.
You are talking to a GTX950 owner, who previously owned GTX650, 650Ti Boost, 750, and 750Ti in several variants.

Excluding the latest slot-powered GTX950 versions, which are still hard to come by in some places, an average GTX950 features a 6-pin PCIe power connector and has a max TDP of 90W.
A GTX1050Ti, just like its spiritual predecessor GTX750Ti, is fully slot-powered (75W).
GTX950 Time Spy results are available on futuremark community website.
Posted on Reply
#5
rruff
I was referring to game performance and I thought you were comparing the 960 and 950, not the 1050 Ti and 950. Carry on...
Posted on Reply
#6
silentbogo
BTW, I just tested my slightly OCed GTX950 in TimeSpy benchmark.
Thought it may be an interesting number to throw in for reference:
GPU Score: 1790.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15378169?

Still long ways to go comparing to GTX1060 and RX480 (~4300-4500pts).
Posted on Reply
#7
Totally
I remember G, GT, and GTX meant something and Ti and Ultra were reserved for that occasional special card. But now everything is GTX and just Ti(GTX) and non-Ti(GT) versions. Nice of NVidia to pull a fast one with a roundabout price hike leaving no one the wiser.
Posted on Reply
#8
peche
Thermaltake fanboy
Totally said:
I remember G, GT, and GTX meant something and Ti and Ultra were reserved for that occasional special card. But now everything is GTX and just Ti(GTX) and non-Ti(GT) versions. Nice of NVidia to pull a fast one with a roundabout price hike leaving no one the wiser.
+1 here, i miss so much old production, old names for most part now days says "Buy me without a reason"

Regards,
Posted on Reply