Wednesday, October 12th 2016

ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Expedition Graphics Card Pictured

Here's the first picture of an ASUS-branded, custom-design GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, and debut of a new brand extension by the company - Expedition. A picture of its packaging was leaked to the web, revealing a new cooler design by the company. This unnamed cooler appears to feature a monolithic aluminium heatsink (made out of a single piece of metal, likely with a copper core), ventilated by a pair of fans. The card offers 4 GB of GDDR5 memory across the GP107 silicon's 128-bit wide memory bus. ASUS is also rumored to be working on an ROG Strix graphics card based on this GPU.
Source: VideoCardz
Add your own comment

17 Comments on ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Expedition Graphics Card Pictured

#2
yoyo2004
The box looks like something from the 70s
Posted on Reply
#3
Caring1
"yoyo2004 said:
The box looks like something from the 70s
I was just thinking it looks poorly rendered.
Posted on Reply
#4
alucasa
... Is it just me or does it look like a single slot GPU?

If it IS a single slot GPU, I am sooo gonna buy one. I missed single slot GPU for nearly a decade.
Posted on Reply
#5
Supercrit
The cooler is ridiculously huge for such a tiny chip. Back then a furnace like HD 4850 was a smaller card.
Posted on Reply
#6
sweet
"alucasa said:
... Is it just me or does it look like a single slot GPU?

If it IS a single slot GPU, I am sooo gonna buy one. I missed single slot GPU for nearly a decade.
Just you though. The back cover is already 2 slot, not sure whether the cooler is 2 or 2.5 slot.
Posted on Reply
#7
silentbogo
"alucasa said:
... Is it just me or does it look like a single slot GPU?

If it IS a single slot GPU, I am sooo gonna buy one. I missed single slot GPU for nearly a decade.
Dual-slot. There are two tabs on the far end (bracket), with a standard ASUS 240mm cooling solution.

"Supercrit said:
The cooler is ridiculously huge for such a tiny chip. Back then a furnace like HD 4850 was a smaller card.
Then you haven't seen a 750Ti w/ MSI Twin Frozr... That one was almost as big as my brother's 980Ti!
Couldn't fit this damn thing in my ITX case, so I had to upgrade to GTX950.
Posted on Reply
#8
shhnedo
"sweet said:
Just you though. The back cover is already 2 slot, not sure whether the cooler is 2 or 2.5 slot.
"silentbogo said:
Dual-slot. There are two tabs on the far end (bracket), with a standard ASUS 240mm cooling solution.
The guy meant to say his first impression was that the card looked like it's single slot. Well, at first glance that is. I had the same impression and when I looked at the IO cover I was like "... oh...".
Posted on Reply
#9
dj-electric
I love you asus but... Expedition? really? pfffffffhhphtt... hahaa...
Posted on Reply
#10
Chloe Price
"Dj-ElectriC said:
I love you asus but... Expedition? really? pfffffffhhphtt... hahaa...
Well, something different than "gaming" this and "gaming" that..
Posted on Reply
#11
jabbadap
"9700 Pro said:
Well, something different than "gaming" this and "gaming" that..
Until they release Asus™ ROG™ Expedition™ Geforce® GTX 1050ti Gaming™ DC2™ 4GB OC... Strix™ was without gaming too first, you know.

Expedition™ is more likely to metaphor to way how it's meant to be used as MOBA or such games gaming card . Like Strix™ was for silent 0dB fans on idle(Strix™ is silent bird while flying).
Posted on Reply
#12
Chloe Price
"jabbadap said:
Until they release Asus™ ROG™ Expedition™ Geforce® GTX 1050ti Gaming™ DC2™ 4GB OC... Strix™ was without gaming too first, you know.

Expedition™ is more likely to metaphor to way how it's meant to be used as MOBA or such games gaming card . Like Strix™ was for silent 0dB fans on idle(Strix™ is silent bird while flying).
Thank you, almost made me spit my coffee :D Tho I still miss the good old days... "Gainward Golden Sample Ultra/1600XP GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB" for example ^^

Asus should have kept the Strix brand on graphics cards only, I thought it was kinda funny since the Strix brand was marketed as 0dB and then they released Strix sound cards (and other products) :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#13
alucasa
I wanna cry. Give me (or us) single-slot GPUs back.
Posted on Reply
#14
Chloe Price
"alucasa said:
I wanna cry. Give me (or us) single-slot GPUs back.
My retro rig has a 6800GT on it. The good old days when even high-end GPUs were single-slotted. :cool:
Posted on Reply
#15
xorbe
Waiting for evga classified FTW hydro edition!
Posted on Reply
#16
shhnedo
Maybe nowadays the design teams are like "Nothing says fast and powerful like a dual slot cooler! Increases performance by... wait... let's just stop at fast and powerful...".
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment