• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mining BIOS repository

paintufast

I have an rx 580 armor OC that is also stuck hashing at 21 and I can’t figure it out. If you find a solution let me know.

Do you have original or flashed bios on your cards right now?

Maybe try shutting down and running one card at a time and see if you cAn isolate which one isn’t working well and causing driver software to not open?

One thing I haven’t tried but need to is swapping out risers for my slow GPU. A shot in the dark. It maybe that’s an issue?

Crusader_NS

The cards have modded bios ...
I tried with old and new drivers... nothing changes.
I also did one by one card checking and installing but still nothing ...
And there is one more strange thing.. when i run Afterburner (not modified for better graphic performance) it lowers the hash for almost 10mhs or turn off the mining software...

bachus81

Hello. I have RX 580 8 GB XXX OC 1366 with Micron and i would like to change bios for moded. I cant to find any moded bios for my RX so could you help me , pleas ?

Attachments

• Ellesmere.rar
    107.7 KB · Views: 271

lamhnz

Plz help !!!
I have lost the original rom of
PowerColor Red Dragon RX 570 OC - 8Gb (Hynix). I currently need the original rom to mend my card.
Thank you very much for your help.

Crusader_NS

I have an rx 580 armor OC that is also stuck hashing at 21 and I can’t figure it out. If you find a solution let me know.

Do you have original or flashed bios on your cards right now?

Maybe try shutting down and running one card at a time and see if you cAn isolate which one isn’t working well and causing driver software to not open?

One thing I haven’t tried but need to is swapping out risers for my slow GPU. A shot in the dark. It maybe that’s an issue?

try downloading Claymore's 11.5 version ... https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w hopefully that will do the trick ... :)
My cards are now on 29-30mhs

Hello. I have RX 580 8 GB XXX OC 1366 with Micron and i would like to change bios for moded. I cant to find any moded bios for my RX so could you help me , pleas ?
try this...
downlolad and install Claymore 11.5 software and give it a try ...

Attachments

• Ellesmere modded.rar
    107.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

lamhnz

hello cdawall help me with modifying my powercolor red dragon 570 8GB micron BIOS based off of mining card DVI only
I've tried different settings but the bios miner blocks the GPU frequency above 800 MHz. I no longer know what to do, can I flash a similar BIOS from the game version RX 570 Red Devil 8GB Mircon of the card, and not for the mining. I also put the game version here
ORIGINAL 18-19 m/H
MOD 21 m/H
I need lower power consuptio too
I also attach her mod version

I need rom org pcl red dragon rx 570 8g - hynix ! Help me plzzz

Fredvega

Hey guys
I'm using Asus vega 56 for mining and i would like to know the best setting with Msi afterburner to reach the full performance of card with lowest power consumption.
Thanks.

Iguanasan

For those of you have their 570/580's running in the 21-24mh/s range.

1. Make sure your straps are the same from 1500 (to the end)...and make sure if your card has two memory types that you scroll down farther with SRBPolaris and make sure you change the straps in the second section of straps, too.
2. Make sure your memory is overclocked while running your mining software (check HWInfo to see what your memory is running at...is it what you expect?)
3. If you run the beta blockchain driver, I've had it sometimes switch to non-compute mode (which is why I decided to ditch the beta blockchain driver...didn't bother to figure out how to switch it back with that driver).
4. If you run the non-blockchain AMD driver, make sure you have your GPU set to "Compute" instead of "Graphics" in the Radeon Settings (or performance...or whatever the other one is)..*FOR EACH CARD* (there is also a utility called AMD-Compute-Switcher that will set all your AMD cards at once).

==============================================================================

I see a lot of you bumping your memory WAY up (2200?!)...do you get memory errors in HWInfo64? I just got two Asus 580's that have Samsung memory (good lord...and their power usage was terrible...one was 144w @ stock! ~105w after mod, but even that's high IMO), and the memory won't OC over 2000 without memory errors. I shoot for zero memory errors in my mods because it helps system reliability. Of all my GPUs...none of them get over 2000mhz without memory errors. I'm curious what people do to mitigate memory errors and get above 2000mhz...bump up the mem voltage?

agismaniax

Hi, I'm testing Sapphire RX 580 4GB Elpida for mining ethereum. I use one-click timing patch in Polaris Bios Editor 1.6.7 from this developer http://jascha-knack.de/2018/06/03/git-hub-account-geloescht/.
I only get 29+ MH/s ethash and 125 watt draw from the wall. What should i do to reduce the power consumption of that GPU?

My start up script like this:

setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

PhoenixMiner.exe -pool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.hk.nicehash.com:3353 -wal btc_addres -pass x -proto 4 -stales 0 -pool2 stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.jp.nicehash.com:3353 -wal2 btc_address -pass2 x -proto2 4 -stales2 0 -amd -retrydelay 5 -powlim -10 -tstart 25 -tstop 75 -cclock 1100 -cvddc 850 -mclock 1950 -mvddc 900 -gt 10 -eres 0 -lidag 2 -log 0

I also attached my stock and modded bios.

Attachments

• Nitro+_RX5804_Elpida.zip
    216.1 KB · Views: 270
  • RX580-HWINFO.png
    RX580-HWINFO.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,598

Iguanasan

Hrm...I don't usually measure at the wall. I know there are some discrepancies between HWInfo and wall wattages, but that's a huge difference. HWInfo is saying that card is only using ~85w. I'm also looking at your GPU clock and I'm shocked that it looks like you're only 297mhz! That 85 watt chip power is about on par with some of my more efficient cards. My Asus ROG 570's say they're using 105w after mods.

Are you sure that's the right GPU in HWInfo?

29+ MH/s sounds right with a memory clock of 1950mhz.

agismaniax

Hrm...I don't usually measure at the wall. I know there are some discrepancies between HWInfo and wall wattages, but that's a huge difference. HWInfo is saying that card is only using ~85w. I'm also looking at your GPU clock and I'm shocked that it looks like you're only 297mhz! That 85 watt chip power is about on par with some of my more efficient cards. My Asus ROG 570's say they're using 105w after mods.

This is my testing rig. I only have one internal graphics (currently disabled in Windows) and one RX 580 as external graphics.
I want to get <110 watt on the wall, Is that posible with this RX 580? Afaik, only RX 570 can do that without loosing so much hashrate.

Attachments

• RX580-TEST-01.png
    RX580-TEST-01.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 691
  • RX580-TEST-02.png
    RX580-TEST-02.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 680

Iguanasan

It looks like you're doing all the right things as far as underclocking/undervolting on your command line. Your GPU-Z screenshot also shows the card is only using ~85W. I haven't seen any of mine much lower than that using GPU-Z or HWInfo64.

Is that your full system wattage under load, or is that just your GPU (after you've subtracted normal system wattage from total load)? I'm surprised there's a 40W difference between sensors and the wall...I knew there was some, but that's pretty big.

I'm done messing with my rigs for the day, I'll plug in my kill-a-watt next chance I get and let you know what I'm seeing.

ty18769

I've tried modifying my straps and OC'ing my memory. I can get about 29MH/s. Can anyone show me the proper way to undervolt in polaris? I've experimented with lowering my gpu clock and that has helped my temps/stability. Can anyone show me how to take this bios and crank down the voltage a bit? Can you also underclock the memory? attaching original bios and one I've been messing with. Any advice appreciated

Attachments

• Asus RX 580 4G OC Elpida.zip
    219.3 KB · Views: 213
  • results.png
    results.png
    628.5 KB · Views: 611

Mastermind_OMP

I have a Saphire Nitro+ RX 570 8GB with Micron memory. Can someone please assist with OC the bios. Attached is the original bios. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SaphireNitro+570Micron8GB.zip
    110.1 KB · Views: 246

Nestade

Hi :)

Anyone got a working Mining-BIOS for the PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Red Devil 8GB?
Original BIOS attached (Silent, OC & Unlocked)

Already tried multiple values but can't get it stable :(

Regards,
Nestade

Attachments

• Powercolor_RX4808GB_RedDevil.zip
    273.7 KB · Views: 205
System Name Home PC
Processor Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
Cooling Thermaltake FRIO Silent 12
Memory 2x8Gb HyperX Fury Blue 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Pulse 4gb
Storage Samsung Evo 970 pro 512gb ,Kingston V300 240gb SSD,
Display(s) Toshiba 48L3441DG
Case Thermaltake Commander MS-1
Audio Device(s) XONAR D1
Power Supply LDLC QS-650W 80+Gold
Software Win 10 PRO
Hello guys. I need a litle(or big) help here. I have receieved a vega 56 red devil used for mining monero.
I tried the usual procedure to flash original bios, but I get code 43 error and the driver is not installing properly. Not to mention I can't acces amd radeon settings.Is the card really bricked?

aberg54321

Hello, I also have a Saphire Nitro+ RX 570 8GB with Micron memory as does @Mastermind_OMP . I have yet to find any modded bios that does not give me the BSOD. My rom file size is 512kb which I believe has been the issue. I am trying to learn how to mod these but school and family life takes up sooo much time. Please someone help me.

Attachments

• Sapphire_Nitro+_RX570_8GB_micron_bios.zip
    217.3 KB · Views: 224

Markyz23

Hello,

I have a Powercolor RX 570 4gb, already did the one time clicking patch but I think the card can do even better. Both bios files are attached, the original and the modded one (that i'm using currently).
Can you check and make a suggestion on which strap to use or if you have time mode the bios so I can test it?

It's for crypto night v7

Attachments

• RX 570 Red Dragon 1 Mod.rar
    107.4 KB · Views: 192
  • RX 570 Red Dragon 1.rar
    107.6 KB · Views: 184

iseck

Hi, everyone i'm new here but i can help and i need help >>> on Ethereum Mining

i have 3x Asus STRIX RX570 4G Hynix memory >> i want firmware to it .. after searching much more on internet always found sucks and not work probably :(

-----------------------------------------------------
already have one MSI Armor RX570 8G MiCron memory >>> i think it's best Mh/s to ur rig :)

upload my Asus STRIX RX5704G Hynix Original .. to re-edit and best MSI Armor RX570 8G MiCron.. sorry my bad english .. but realy i need help !

Attachments

• Asus STRIX RX570 4G Hynix.rar
    107.3 KB · Views: 246
  • MSI Armor RX570 8G Micron By IsEcK.rar
    108 KB · Views: 243

inflamez

Hi guys. Can you burst bios for 2 cards:
1) Powercolor rx 570 miningedition 8gb micron i get 28 mhs
2) Sapphire nitro + rx 580 4gb samsung i get 31 mhs
Cant fing this model in your database. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• rx 580 31 stable.rar
    107.2 KB · Views: 225
  • original 570.rar
    107.9 KB · Views: 168

BrowBraun

Hello @cdawall,
i hope that you can help me with my issue.

My
XFX RS XXX ED RX 570 8GB cards with Hynix memory
have a mining bios already, but with it they reach about 27 Mh/s and use to much power so i mod that mining bios with different
frequencies and undervolt them with the smallest variable setting SRBPolaris show to me which is 65283mv.
Now they run 28 Mh/s and use ~70 Watt (read out from HWinfo).
I don´t think that is all what i can get out of it.

If i set the memory clock higher than 1999 MHz the GPU crash and go to idle, I think the timing strap can be more optimized but for that i don´t have the know how and i can´t find better straps for this card in the web.

Please give it a look if you have time, i put the Original "mining" Bios from XFX the normal Bios an my version to the attachments.
Thank you and greetings

Attachments

• XFX RX570 8GB Hynix Mod.rar
    107.9 KB · Views: 205
  • XFX RX570 8GB Hynix Orig.rar
    108.4 KB · Views: 181
  • XFX RX570 8GB Hynix OrigMining.rar
    107.9 KB · Views: 192

agismaniax

I've tried modifying my straps and OC'ing my memory. I can get about 29MH/s. Can anyone show me the proper way to undervolt in polaris? I've experimented with lowering my gpu clock and that has helped my temps/stability. Can anyone show me how to take this bios and crank down the voltage a bit? Can you also underclock the memory? attaching original bios and one I've been messing with. Any advice appreciated

Wow... GPU only Power Draw 104.5 Watt?
You can try it yourself by using Polaris Bios Editor v1.6.7 by jaschaknack. Click "One Click Time Patch" and then manually modify "GPU voltage". Don't touch other settings.
Start your miner with -cclock 1100 -cvddc 840 -mclock 1900 -mvddc 840. Don't set core/mem clock on Trixx. I only use Trixx for custom fan settings and rainbow color on RGB led.
With this setting, I can get 28+ mh/s ethash and withdraw 110-115 watt on-the-wall.

Attachments

• RX580-MODDED-1.png
    RX580-MODDED-1.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 870
  • RX580-MODDED-2.png
    RX580-MODDED-2.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

Rakly3

your 85W is just the core, not the card.
you'd only need to plug in a 4-pin molex if that was your whole card instead of the 2x PCIe power plugs it is using.

memory chips draw also around 1000mV,
And there's other jiggamawigs on the PCB too! :D
There's the lost Watt to heat too.

Try to find a use for the heat if possible, it's the most expensive heating you'll ever pay.

Last edited:

iseck

already have one MSI Armor RX570 8G MiCron memory >>> i think it's best Mh/s to ur rig :)

upload my Asus STRIX RX5704G Hynix Original .. to re-edit and best MSI Armor RX570 8G MiCron.. sorry my bad english .. but realy i need help !

My MSI Armor RX570 8G MiCron change ( from 24.196 Mh/s to 29.800 Mh/s ) i think it's best hash i have >>

but my Asus STRIX RX5704G Hynix >> doesn't have any bios above ( 21.830 Mh/s ) with no help here :(

hdmand

Hi cdawall. I have an asus ROG-Strixx RX570 04G Gaming OC with hybrid memory (Elpida and Hynix_1). I am a bit of a noob, however, I read a lot. This particular GPU I can't get tweaked properly and power draw is high. I can start with orig bios, do the 1-step with PBE 1.6.7, and still very unsatisfactory. I have noticed that the 1-step copies the #1 1500 straps properly, however, the #2 doesn't seem to. It copies the 1625 999 strap to the 1750, 2000, and 1500, and it overwrites the 1500 777 strap in so doing. This doesn't seem to be correct. That's question 1. Question 2 is: Do you have a bios for this specific GPU? I am gathering that I can basically choose which (Hynix or Elpida) I want to mod? Thanks for your help on this and for what you do here. Am willing to donate if you provide a desired address sir. Will attach stock bios to make it easier...

I will share back with you all since cdawall has shared with us. I could find not too much around for the ASUS ROG STRIX RX570 4g, with hynix only and/or with hynix/elpida hybrid. So I took what cdawall has given us, did some extrapolation, and came up with settings that I tried. Wow. Nice. When I get time I will be glad to post them if that is ok. But am getting 1650 h/s for both GPUs on Claymore 11.3 miner, with stability (I mine in linux with PiMP guys there), but what I really like is the low power draw - at the wall plug, I am only drawing 229W total for both GPUs! I think that is good - well... it is much better than where I was - I was at like 380W for both. I haven't run these 2 bios mods for long yet - will try to report back in a few days to see the realworld stability... thx!

Attachments

• Asus.RX570.4096.170327 Hynix - Elpida 4g Strix ROG.zip
    108.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited: