• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Old Uncle Kreij's 2011 Gamers' Christmas Contest

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
Official arrow-to-the-knee contest entry
Disclaimer: I already own Skyrim, but I have somebody in mind who I'd like to gift it to if I somehow manage to win.

Entry: I used to enjoy arrow-to-the-knee jokes like you. Then I took a million identical youtube comments to my funny-bone and it doesn't work anymore. :( I try to laugh at them, I really do, but I guess I tried too hard, because the men in the nice white coats came for me yesterday and put me in a lovely room that seems to made out of mattresses.

My subconscious must have seen this coming, because after I finally gnawed through the straps, I felt like I really had to poop, but it turns out I managed to smuggle a laptop in my anal cavity so I can troll GN and TPU in between the beatings and brain-washing.

Then I woke up and pulled the arrow out of my knee.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Games could have been better, till they took a console to the knee.

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
Kriejenerosity

I already have skyrim, But I have a friend who is still a total Oblivion addict and short on cash.

Then, one day, a selfish Mage Nord traveleing to Solitude found Selfless Gift Giving, laying on the side of the road, with an Arrow in the knee bleeding to death slowly. After learning the skill of Selfless Gift Giving, He slowly helped it back into existence through an annual Gift contest, and soon, this air of Selfless giftability began to grow strong and spread troughout all the world.

This ancient Mage Nord was Kriej.

Last edited:
System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
OK, true story. In November of 2005 I was a raging alcoholic. I think that I may have made a few fish jealous with my ability to survive on liquid.

So anyway, I was completely obliterated and I decided to walk a girl I was seeing at the time to her car, which was only a few blocks away. Yes, I'm such a gentleman, I know. So we left my apartment filled with drunks and booze and proceeded to her car.

In between her car and my apartment stood a very dear old friend of mine, a 2 and 1/2 foot fence. I would jump this fence every day on my way to work and the fence would stand there and take it like a... well... a fence.

So, in my drunken state, I figured it would really impress this girl if I showed her my awesome midget fence jumping capabilities. But my dear friend turned on me. I still think I heard him say "fuck your drunken ass, you're not going over me this time." and as I did my flying leap, he grabbed my foot.

As the ground came closer, I remember thinking "why fence, why you turn on me?" and then thud. My ability to get up under my own power had went the way of the dinosaurs. As I lay there doing my manliest whimper (I still had the girl to impress, you know.) she ran back up to my apartment to get someone to carry me back up there. My drunken friends came to my "rescue" and I use that term loosely because drunken friends are the absolute last people on earth that you want helping you walk when something is wrong.

We somehow made it back up to my apartment which included a grueling 2 flights of stairs, where I proceeded to finish the 3/4 full case of beer that was left. Like a boss. After the beer was gone, I said "fuck this shit, take me to the hospital." and after another grueling trip down the stairs, away we went.

The X-rays revealed that I had fractured my knee in 2 places, tore my meniscus and detached my ACL. That is the closest I have come to an arrow in the knee, and I hope to god that I don't get any closer.

Last edited:

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
OK, true story. In November of 2005 I was a raging alcoholic. I think that I may have made a few fish jealous with my ability to survive on liquid.

So anyway, I was completely obliterated and I decided to walk a girl I was seeing at the time to her car, which was only a few blocks away. Yes, I'm such a gentleman, I know. So we left my apartment filled with drunks and booze and proceeded to her car.

In between her car and my apartment stood a very dear old friend of mine, a 2 and 1/2 foot fence. I would jump this fence every day on my way to work and the fence would stand there and take it like a... well... a fence.

So, in my drunken state, I figured it would really impress this girl if I showed her my awesome midget fence jumping capabilities. But my dear friend turned on me. I still think I heard him say "fuck your drunken ass, you're not going over me this time." and as I did my flying leap, he grabbed my foot.

As the ground came closer, I remember thinking "why fence, why you turn on me?" and then thud. My ability to get up under my own power had went the way of the dinosaurs. As I lay there doing my manliest whimper (I still had the girl to impress, you know.) she ran back up to my apartment to get someone to carry me back up there. My drunken friends came to my "rescue" and I use that term loosely because drunken friends are the absolute last people on earth that you want helping you walk when something is wrong.

We somehow made it back up to my apartment which include a grueling 2 flight of stairs where I proceeded to finish the 3/4 full case of beer that was left. Like a boss. After the beer was gone, I said "fuck this shit, take me to the hospital." and after another grueling trip down the stairs, away we went.

The X-rays revealed that I had fractured my knee in 2 places, tore my meniscus and detached my ACL. That is the closest I have come to an arrow in the knee, and I hope to god that I don't get any closer.

Lol. I have a true story of my own, even though I am not in the contest, just for lolz. My sister, the same one in the video I posted shot me with a real arrow. It was a blunt tip, but she drilled me right in the heart. We were taking up archery, so we had the target stuff, well she was goofing around and aimed the arrow at me. Me like a dumb ass said "Go ahead and shoot". I THOUGHT I was far enough away that even if she did shoot that it wouldn't hit me, I thought wrong. I am not sure who was more shocked that it hit me, me or her.

So that was the first and last time I ever said "Go ahead and shoot" when someone had an arrow aimed at me.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
I was riding on the back of a tractor when I was about 10, and my dad backed up into a log that was sticking up. It pinned my knee to the tractor. I didn't break anything though, I don't think. But it shredded my favorite pair of jeans. :cry:

Which trumps who, an arrow in the knee or a tree in the knee?

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I sleep with a cushion between my knees, because one night I took a knee to the knee.

(Omit me please, I'm not into Skyrim; just here for fun :p)

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Software Windows 10
(Omit me please, I'm not into Skyrim; just here for fun )

HOW COULD YOU NOT BE INTO SKYRIM???

Also, is there a deadline to this thing?

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64

Yeah, prize is no longer up for grabs alas! We already have a winner.

Ah, misread your question then!

Last edited:
System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
HOW COULD YOU NOT BE INTO SKYRIM???

I haven't got the time for games these days. I have got addicted to APB Reloaded and Battlefield 3 though :p
Also, I don't do fantasy games like Skyrim and WoW (if this is what they call a fantasy game?); they're not my cup of tea.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Software Windows 10
Sadly, yes it's too la.... WAIT WHAT AM I THINKING?!? IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS YET !!!

Person who submits the funniest description of what it's like to take an arrow to the knee, gets a gifted copy of Skyrim (no pictures please, just text)
If you have it already, pass it on !

Requirements : You must have a Steam account. Contest will close Christmas Eve (when I feel like it), and I will gift it that day/night/whatever so you can play it on Christmas day.
(You're can't win this one JC316 ;) )

@assaulter:

I was talking about this one. He christmas eve, I see.

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Person who submits the funniest description of what it's like to take an arrow to the knee

There once was a man from Nantucket
He was walking some water home in a bucket

he decided for a stop to pee
Got shot with an arrow to the knee

Tried to remove it himself but said holy sh** f&*% it! :D

System Name W.I.P.
Even if it means "crying like a sissy girl", I would rather take an arrow to the knee than to not win this copy of Skyrim to gift to a very deserving friend.

Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
An arrow to the knee? Pfft. I have two kids, ages 7 and 3. Considering that in the past 7 years I have taken more nutshots than the entire cast of Jackass, I would gladly take an arrow to the knee if it meant that the nutshots would stop.

System Name W.I.P.
tsk, tsk :shadedshu
Well aware of that! Thank you! :toast: I had to share my laughs because I swear that is the image i get in my head when I hear the phrase. :roll:

An arrow to the knee? Pfft. I have two kids, ages 7 and 3. Considering that in the past 7 years I have taken more nutshots than the entire cast of Jackass, I would gladly take an arrow to the knee if it meant that the nutshots would stop.

Classic!

Well aware of that! Thank you! :toast: I had to share my laughs because I swear that is the image i get in my head when I hear the phrase. :roll:
I know :p

Now I really want to Jim Carey say that line.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Bump and here is my Official entry. :)

I was killing Dark Elves, left and right
I fought them hard with all my might

A spell from the darkness knocked me down
And there I lay upon the ground

From where it came, I had no notion
So I drank a healing potion

I groaned in pain and stood to flee
Then I took an arrow to the knee

I limped away to the shadows dark
And hid for hours 'till I saw my mark

He was mean and nasty, an opponent true
And I knew what I would have to do

I shouted loud with shock and awe

Fa la la la la la FUS RO DAH!

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Last edited:
Kreij, Steam apparently approves of your Skyrim giveaway, because it's now on sale for $40 :D

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I'm gonna try to get to all the entries ASAP (I'll leve it open for now)
Thurday morning about 3AM I had my wife call the ambulance 'cause I had severe abdominal pain.
Had to have emergency surgery for a perforated appendix. Just got out of the hospital about 1/2 hour ago and I'm a little groggy from pain killers.
At least I don't have to worry about my appendix anymore. lol (hurts like hell though)

I guess you could say my appendix took an arrow to the knee. heh

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I'm gonna try to get to all the entries ASAP (I'll leve it open for now)
Thurday morning about 3AM I had my wife call the ambulance 'cause I had severe abdominal pain.
Had to have emergency surgery for a perforated appendix. Just got out of the hospital about 1/2 hour ago and I'm a little groggy from pain killers.
At least I don't have to worry about my appendix anymore. lol (hurts like hell though)

Pfft. I didn't expect to hear excuses out of you.

Damn, glad you got that taken care of before it got worse. Hope you feel better and make a full recovery soon :toast: