Thursday, August 6th 2015

GIGABYTE Unveils BRIX Mini-PC Powered by Celeron N3000 "Braswell" SoC

GIGABYTE unveiled its first BRIX mini-PC that's powered by Intel Celeron N3000 "Braswell" SoC. The 14 nm chip embeds a dual-core CPU based on the "Airmont" micro-architecture, clocked at 1.04 GHz, with a Turbo Boost frequency of 2.08 GHz; and featuring HyperThreading. Also embedded are 1 MB of cache, an 8th generation Intel IGP with 12 execution units, and a dual-channel DDR3L-1600 IMC.

The BRIX measures 56.1 mm x 107.6 mm x 114.4 mm, and is a barebones unit, you'll have to add your own memory and storage. Despite the chip's dual-channel memory interface, BRIX only offers one DDR3L SO-DIMM slot (max 8 GB). Storage connectivity includes an M.2 slot with both PCIe 2.0 x2 and SATA 6 Gb/s wiring, and a 9 mm thick 2.5-inch drive bay with SATA 6 Gb/s. A micro-SD slot is also offered. Network connectivity includes gigabit Ethernet. Display outputs include HDMI and D-Sub. 2-channel HD audio, and four USB 3.0 ports make for the rest of it.
Source: FanlessTech
Add your own comment

7 Comments on GIGABYTE Unveils BRIX Mini-PC Powered by Celeron N3000 "Braswell" SoC

#1
Uplink10
SD slot instead of microSD slot would be a better option.
Posted on Reply
#2
TheLostSwede
They have another model on their website too, based on the N3150 which is a quad core - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5568
Not fanless, but I'm not sure that's a huge deal, as the fan shouldn't make much noise in these.

There's also a couple of new Celeron 3205U based models, but I have a feeling they'll be a bit overpriced for what they are.
Posted on Reply
#3
Fx
Nice. I wonder how much it costs.

TheLostSwede said:
They have another model on their website too, based on the N3150 which is a quad core - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5568
Not fanless, but I'm not sure that's a huge deal, as the fan shouldn't make much noise in these.
These small units tend to make more noise than desired in bedrooms.
Posted on Reply
#4
TheLostSwede
Fx said:
Nice. I wonder how much it costs.



These small units tend to make more noise than desired in bedrooms.
Got a Core i5 for my old man and it's dead silent most of the time and it'll run hotter than all of these.
Posted on Reply
#5
Fx
TheLostSwede said:
Got a Core i5 for my old man and it's dead silent most of the time and it'll run hotter than all of these.
I love these kind of units for XBMC, but the price has to be right. If the price is acceptable, and does run fairly cool, then I'll buy a couple for around the house.
Posted on Reply
#6
micropage7
nice but they should place those ports just on front and back so if you use all of them it would eat less space
Posted on Reply
#7
Uplink10
micropage7 said:
nice but they should place those ports just on front and back so if you use all of them it would eat less space
They can't just pile up the ports on top of each other and still be connected to the IC, every port has to be diretly connected on motherboard and you also need to be able to put in 2.5" HDD.
Posted on Reply