Thursday, July 6th 2017

TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.2.0 Released

TechPowerUp today released the latest version of TechPowerUp GPU-Z. Version 2.2.0 adds support for new GPUs, and adds new advanced features. To begin with, GPU-Z can now display graphics memory timings for AMD Radeon GPUs, in the advanced panel. The driver version field in the main tab now displays driver date in a tool-tip. Sensor data display mode (current/minimum/maximum/average) can now be set in preferences, so you don't have to manually set them on each start-up. It's now easier to copy data from the advanced panel, with a new context menu.

TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.2.0 also comes with under the hood changes. The overall start-up speed of GPU-Z has been improved on slower systems; immediate clean-up of "Query_External" files from the temp directory; a fix for missing sensors in graphics sub-systems with shared memory; the order of OpenCL properties has been improved in the advanced panel. Support is added for EVGA iCX fan monitoring. Among the new GPUs supported are NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, 810M, Mining P104, P106; and Quadro P3000; Intel Iris Plus 640 & 650, GMA600; and improved support for AMD Radeon RX 560.
DOWNLOAD: TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.2.0

The change-log follows.

  • Added AMD Radeon memory timings section to Advanced Tab
  • Added driver date to driver version tooltip and to Advanced Tab
  • Added settings entry to set sensor default display mode (cur, min, max, avg)
  • Added right-click menu to Advanced Tab to copy to clipboard
  • Improved GPU-Z startup speed, especially on slow or single-core systems
  • Query_External files will be deleted from temp folder immediately
  • Fixed order of OpenCL entries in Advanced Tab (CMD Queue Properties)
  • Fixed missing sensors in shared memory
  • Fixed display corruption on older NVIDIA GPUs
  • Added EVGA iCX fan monitoring support
  • Added die size and transistor count for AMD RX 560
  • Added support for Intel Iris Plus 640 & 650, GMA600
  • Added support for NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, GeForce 810M, Mining P104 & P106, Quadro P3000
Add your own comment

22 Comments on TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.2.0 Released

#1
mcraygsx
Start up is amazing now. Thank You.
Posted on Reply
#2
Sasqui
btarunr said:
Sensor data display mode (current/minimum/maximum/average) can now be set in preferences
All hail @W1zzard :toast: ...seriously, thanks and I'm installing this update tonight, assuming I can get some PC time.

Also looking forward to seeing the faster load speed!
Posted on Reply
#3
xkm1948
CPU-Z has a built in benchmark. I wonder if we ever honna get one for GPU-Z. Wishful thinking i know.
Posted on Reply
#4
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
Wow this is a fantastic release. Great job.
Posted on Reply
#5
JL87
Nice update!

I do have a question however. I seems to come and go every few updates for me, last 2 updates gpuz would open in the exact spot where I opened it (on a secondary monitor). Now when I open it, it opens on my main monitor in the middle of the screen.

Is this something to do with windows 10 or changes in the program?
Posted on Reply
#6
W1zzard
JL87 said:
Nice update!

I do have a question however. I seems to come and go every few updates for me, last 2 updates gpuz would open in the exact spot where I opened it (on a secondary monitor). Now when I open it, it opens on my main monitor in the middle of the screen.

Is this something to do with windows 10 or changes in the program?
It should save the position in the registry. I just tested several versions and it works for me. Are you using the installer/uninstaller every version? That would clear the registry
Posted on Reply
#7
DeathtoGnomes
The non-ROG version lets you resize the window on the Advanced Tab, the ROG version does not.

Thanks, great toolbox program as always
Posted on Reply
#8
JL87
W1zzard said:
It should save the position in the registry. I just tested several versions and it works for me. Are you using the installer/uninstaller every version? That would clear the registry
Using the installer and choosing the replace option.

Not a big deal, was just curious as it seemed to happen every now and then when updating.
Posted on Reply
#9
W1zzard
JL87 said:
Using the installer and choosing the replace option.

Not a big deal, was just curious as it seemed to happen every now and then when updating.
Just took a quick look, using the "Update to .." option shouldn't nuke your settings. Please observe and report for the next version.
Posted on Reply
#10
nem..
i have some old nvidia cards where the screem does move to left , weird , now im going to checking if this fixed, :))
Posted on Reply
#13
_larry
Very nice!! This should help me with some of my overclocking problems on my R9 290. I am going to attempt to flash it to a 390 soon.

EDIT: Attempted to flash my card..the BIOS file I used was not found on my flash drive for some reason even using the atiflash unlockrom x command...
I don't think I need to now though.
My memory overclock would make my card artifact if I moved it up from 1250 to like 1350~
Now I know why...
the timings change at 1250mhz, 1375mhz, 1500mhz, 1625mhz and 1750mhz.
I have my card sitting at a stable 1040mhz core and 1375mhz mem now. I will try to lower the core clock a little and see how it handles 1500mhz.

THIS NEW ADDITION IS AWESOME THANK YOU!!
Posted on Reply
#14
MrGenius
DeathtoGnomes said:
The non-ROG version lets you resize the window on the Advanced Tab...
It does? What window? How? I can't figure it out...:confused:
Posted on Reply
#15
xkm1948
Thank you for the awesome job @W1zzard

So this confirmed there are several different timing tiers for the HBM1 on Fury/Nano cards. No wonder why HBM overclock sometimes results in worse performance, as I assume once overclocked the HBM will go from 500MHz timing to 600MHz timing.

This opens doors to more HBM1 tweaking possibly by @gupsterg Really interesting information.

Posted on Reply
#16
9700 Pro
_larry said:
Very nice!! This should help me with some of my overclocking problems on my R9 290. I am going to attempt to flash it to a 390 soon.

EDIT: Attempted to flash my card..the BIOS file I used was not found on my flash drive for some reason even using the atiflash unlockrom x command...
I don't think I need to now though.
My memory overclock would make my card artifact if I moved it up from 1250 to like 1350~
Now I know why...
the timings change at 1250mhz, 1375mhz, 1500mhz, 1625mhz and 1750mhz.
I have my card sitting at a stable 1040mhz core and 1375mhz mem now. I will try to lower the core clock a little and see how it handles 1500mhz.

THIS NEW ADDITION IS AWESOME THANK YOU!!
What memory chips your card has? My old 290 had Elpida chips and they didn't overclock at all. In fact I had to underclock the memory to avoid black screening.
Posted on Reply
#17
DeathtoGnomes
MrGenius said:
It does? What window? How? I can't figure it out...:confused:
If I tell you, you have to give up the MrGenius name. :p
Posted on Reply
#18
MrGenius
DeathtoGnomes said:
If I tell you, you have to give up the MrGenius name. :p
NEVER! I'll never stop pretending to be as smart as I want to be. If that causes me to overthink things, as it did in this instance, so be it. I'd rather think too hard than not hard enough. :D

Anywho. Being able to resize the window on the Advanced Tab with the non-skinned version has always been a thing. Ever since the Advanced Tab was added with version 2.0.0. Nothing new. Except to me. Whom just became aware of that. And that you can do the same with the Sensors Tab since version 0.7.8. And that doing so is the same as with any other window. Imagine that. :slap:

xkm1948 said:
No wonder why HBM overclock sometimes results in worse performance, as I assume once overclocked the HBM will go from 500MHz timing to 600MHz timing.

By the looks of it, 500MHz timings and 600MHz timings are exactly the same. So...if they are...what kind of sense does that make?
Posted on Reply
#19
XiGMAKiD
Nice update, especially to the Advanced tab
Posted on Reply
#20
nem..
for some ones old games its needed still play with this old gpus, GPUZ.2.2.0 do crash same than GPUZ.2.1.0,

the GPUZ.2.0.0 works but move all screem to the right side , leting in the left an dark line like 7cms wide a dark column, the mouse pointer works fine but you must point 7 cms to the left at any point of the screen that you want to click




Posted on Reply
#21
Victormp
They could put the button to reset the sensor information
Posted on Reply
#22
_larry
9700 Pro said:
What memory chips your card has? My old 290 had Elpida chips and they didn't overclock at all. In fact I had to underclock the memory to avoid black screening.
Hynix
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment