Friday, March 30th 2018

Biostar Intros TB250-BTC D+ Motherboard for Mining Builds

Biostar introduced the TB250-BTC D+ motherboard for crypto-mining builds. This board appears to be a re-brand of Colorful C.B250A-BTC PLUS V20. This is probably a case of Colorful piggybacking Biostar to reach markets it cannot (yet). The socket LGA1151 motherboard supports 6th and 7th generation Core "Skylake" and "Kaby Lake" processors, with basic I/O connectivity, and a single DDR4 SO-DIMM slot. The star attraction here are eight PCI-Express x16 slots with 2U spacing between them. One of these slots is electrically x16, the other are x1 (you only need x1 for mining). There are also eight 6-pin PCI-Express I/O ports, so the x16 slots are powered. The board is 195 mm wide, and 485 mm long, designed for mining cases, or something miners put together themselves. It is expected to be priced around $150.
Add your own comment

14 Comments on Biostar Intros TB250-BTC D+ Motherboard for Mining Builds

#1
Supercrit
With crypto's crash and burn right now who in the right mind would get more of this, not to mention the rumored Ethereum ASIC coming next month.
Posted on Reply
#2
R-T-B
"Supercrit said:
With crypto's crash and burn right now who in the right mind would get more of this, not to mention the rumored Ethereum ASIC coming next month.
"The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets."

Just saying...
Posted on Reply
#3
Supercrit
"R-T-B said:
"The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets."

Just saying...
Buying the coins, yes, but not a mining motherboard and 8 still overpriced and overworked cards.
Posted on Reply
#4
R-T-B
"Supercrit said:
Buying the coins, yes, but not a mining motherboard and 8 still overpriced and overworked cards.
There are people getting out now. Buy their cards at bottom dollar.

Heck, I see some in our B/S/T forum have that exact idea right now. :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#5
Fabio
"R-T-B said:
"The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets."

Just saying...
lol, we are talking of cripto sh*t, not real estate, or mineral, or something with intrinsic value. We are talking of something that does not even have a value other then the value given by hype. Oh my... you miners are so cute...please, just trade this garbage just like true speculator and stop be hypocrite
Posted on Reply
#6
R-T-B
"Fabio said:
lol, we are talking of cripto sh*t, not real estate, or mineral, or something with intrinsic value. We are talking of something that does not even have a value other then the value given by hype. Oh my... you miners are so cute...please, just trade this garbage just like true speculator and stop be hypocrite
Like it or not, money is made and changing hands every day with "cripto sh*t." Same principles apply.

I am unsure how anything hypocritical has been said.
Posted on Reply
#7
Fabio
"R-T-B said:
Like it or not, money is made and changing hands every day with "cripto sh*t." Same principles apply.

I am unsure how anything hypocritical has been said.
money is made and every day, day by day, there are less exchange. it is not a coin, deal with it. of a coin have only the name but in reality it is only a pure speculative asset, like gamble
Posted on Reply
#8
Toothless
"Fabio said:
money is made and every day, day by day, there are less exchange. it is not a coin, deal with it. of a coin have only the name but in reality it is only a pure speculative asset, like gamble
You honestly sound like you went the anti-miner route because you didn't get the jump on making money easily. That or you're tilted somehow. Either way bashing miners at this point is dumb, when you could ignore them. They made and spent their money, is it making your life hell? No? Leave them alone then.
Posted on Reply
#9
the54thvoid
"Toothless said:
You honestly sound like you went the anti-miner route because you didn't get the jump on making money easily. That or you're tilted somehow. Either way bashing miners at this point is dumb, when you could ignore them. They made and spent their money, is it making your life hell? No? Leave them alone then.
As much as I disagree with the mining 'gold rush', the animosity shown to hobby miners is out of order. That being said, this board does come at a low point in mining. With most hobby miners reporting reducing yields, it seems only the larger 'business' miners are making reasonable money. As for making life hell? No, but it did actually push affordable gaming rigs out of the reach of some so mining has done considerable damage to the PC scene if you look at it objectively.
Posted on Reply
#10
Fabio
"the54thvoid said:
As much as I disagree with the mining 'gold rush', the animosity shown to hobby miners is out of order. That being said, this board does come at a low point in mining. With most hobby miners reporting reducing yields, it seems only the larger 'business' miners are making reasonable money. As for making life hell? No, but it did actually push affordable gaming rigs out of the reach of some so mining has done considerable damage to the PC scene if you look at it objectively.
this, and to be realistic, miners make good money for not more than 3 months. In some week eth crashed from 1500 to 380 and so much miners struggle to repay the hw buyed before cristmas if payed higher then msrp
And you know what? i'm happy with this lol
Posted on Reply
#11
Jism
"Fabio said:
this, and to be realistic, miners make good money for not more than 3 months. In some week eth crashed from 1500 to 380 and so much miners struggle to repay the hw buyed before cristmas if payed higher then msrp
And you know what? i'm happy with this lol
This.

I've mined for 2 months with a bunch of cards. Apart from the noise it was a pretty boring activity. The money i got from mining was spend into trading. Trading can be nice if you know what you are looking for, and know when to sell stuff at the right moment. So i made a 200% profit on one particular coin. I was happy. I pulled out the money and re-invested this into another coin. The coin simply dove from 7200 satoshi (the point i bought into) back to 2000. My money just dropped 2/3th of it's worth in just a week.

I've left the satoshi in there, hoping it would get back. 2 months later, it's almost at that same number now. But here's the stupid thing. Since ETC dropped in value from 1400 to 400 now, the net worth of that coin also dropped, so even tho the satoshi is back at it's original level, my money is still worth jack shit due to the low ETH value going on right now.

I just leave it in there, but it's said that Crypto is very volatile. I woud'nt want to sell house or other stuff for it to invest.
Posted on Reply
#12
lexluthermiester
"Toothless said:
They made and spent their money, is it making your life hell? No? Leave them alone then.
To be fair it's making life hell for many who want to built PC's and use GPU's for what they're generally intended and can't/won't afford the current prices.
Posted on Reply
#14
cdawall
where the hell are my stars
"lexluthermiester said:
To be fair it's making life hell for many who want to built PC's and use GPU's for what they're generally intended and can't/won't afford the current prices.
Prices right now are at or just above msrp.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment