Wednesday, February 6th 2019

Radeon VII Priced 739€ in the EU, France and Spain Only Have Dozens of Cards

Hot on the heels of our earlier report of there being just 100 Radeon VII graphics cards in stock to sell in the UK, we're hearing from French tech publication Cowcotland of an even worse situation in the Old Continent. Apparently, there are only 20 cards allocated to France and Spain, each. The price Cowcotland reports for the card is 739€ (including VAT), although paucity of cards could allow retailers to price the card just about anything, if there is demand for them. AMD has not given retailers in Europe inventory replenishment dates. Factories in China are down for the Lunar New Year holiday there, and depending on demand, another production run could be underway only by mid-thru-Late February, with fresh stocks reaching Europe only a month after.
Source: Cowcotland
Add your own comment

61 Comments on Radeon VII Priced 739€ in the EU, France and Spain Only Have Dozens of Cards

#2
B-Real
If it has 2080ish performance, 70 EUR less for twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
Posted on Reply
#4
Dimi
B-Real said:
If it has 2080ish performance, 70 EUR less for twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2080 EX for 679 EUR on Amazon.de
MSI RTX 2080 Ventus for 688 EUR on Amazon.de
Posted on Reply
#5
Anymal
B-Real said:
If it has 2080ish performance, 70 EUR less for twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
You should get real. Definitely they will sell 140 cards in 150 millions market
Posted on Reply
#6
cucker tarlson
B-Real said:
twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
for miners mostly.
Posted on Reply
#7
ZeroFM
Dimi said:
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2080 EX for 679 EUR on Amazon.de
MSI RTX 2080 Ventus for 688 EUR on Amazon.de
Cheapest with crap coolers , no thanks
Posted on Reply
#8
mad1394
At this point they should number them...like on limited edition cars.
Posted on Reply
#9
ArbitraryAffection
B-Real said:
If it has 2080ish performance, 70 EUR less for twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
That's the thing, i honestly don't see this card actually beating the 2080. It's going to use more power, put more heat into your case (and subsequently into your room) and give 5-10% less performance in most games. Barring the few outliers where GCN has historically done really well in, obviously. 16GB is nice to have but not an absolute deal breaker on the 2080 only having 8. Oh and the 2080 also gives you RTX.

I am being harsh on the VII but I honestly don't see the value. I am almost certain they will sell out with just this few cards, because there's AT LEAST that many enthusiasts who only need it to be the fastest Radeon on the planet to have an excuse to buy it :P (Like me, if i wasn't broke xD)
Posted on Reply
#10
jabbadap
It will be priced 759€ here(24% VAT) and 729€ in Germany(19% VAT). So you can't really say what it will cost in EU, because of different VAT between independent countries. Non-VAT price for it will be somewhere 610-613€.

Dimi said:
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2080 EX for 679 EUR on Amazon.de
MSI RTX 2080 Ventus for 688 EUR on Amazon.de
Sound a bit expensive shop, try Mindfactory.
Posted on Reply
#11
Imsochobo
B-Real said:
If it has 2080ish performance, 70 EUR less for twice the amount of VRAM is pretty nice and it will sell out quick.
I'm thinking the same, RT Is the future in some form, but RTX2xxx is not what gonna bring it.
RTX cards are great for game devs for sure!
Posted on Reply
#12
moproblems99
cucker tarlson said:
for miners mostly.
What are they going to mine with it? Coal? There is no GPU mining market right now.
Posted on Reply
#14
moproblems99
cucker tarlson said:
you obviously missed this
No I didn't. You obviously missed the profitability of mining right now.

Edit: Add to that, the amount of VRAM doesn't matter (mostly), its the speed. So that 570 is rather useless.
Posted on Reply
#15
Joss
Is it only me that find these numbers absurd?
Only a few hundred cards for the whole of Europe :confused: surely there's something wrong.
Posted on Reply
#16
15th Warlock
The way this card was launched is starting to make it look like the literal definition of a halo product... A knee jerk reaction and stopgap measure until Navi.
Posted on Reply
#17
HTC
Still beats a paper launch, no?

Not that it's that much better, but still ...
Posted on Reply
#18
Xuper
moproblems99 said:
No I didn't. You obviously missed the profitability of mining right now.

Edit: Add to that, the amount of VRAM doesn't matter (mostly), its the speed. So that 570 is rather useless.
If you think more VRAM won't increase performance of mining , then you're completely wrong. in Opencl Driver , Max memory allocation Must be 1/2 Total Vram ( Just run clinfo in windows ) , now with 16GB , Max memory allocation will be 8GB , in some algorithm , It can boost performance by a decent margin like NIM , XMR , hell even with my RX480 , I can't increase memory allocation to more than 4040 mb ( 56mb is reserved ).
Posted on Reply
#19
moproblems99
Xuper said:
If you think more VRAM won't increase performance of mining , then you're completely wrong. in Opencl Driver , Max memory allocation Must be 1/2 Total Vram ( Just run clinfo in windows ) , now with 16GB , Max memory allocation will be 8GB , in some algorithm , It can boost performance by a decent margin like NIM , XMR , hell even with my RX480 , I can't increase memory allocation to more than 4040 mb ( 56mb is reserved ).
Keyword, mostly.
Posted on Reply
#20
Nxodus
ZeroFM said:
Cheapest with crap coolers , no thanks
The Ventus has excellent coolers, almost inaudible.

Anyone putting MSI and "cheap coolers" in the same sentence is probably high or drunk
Posted on Reply
#22
king of swag187
So is this the RTX 2080 competition I have been hearing about?
Posted on Reply
#23
kings
And people say RTX availability is bad...

It's a PR stunt card, just to say they're alive in this segment, nothing more.
Posted on Reply
#24
PerfectWave
Why keep posting same content of previous article?
Posted on Reply
#25
Jism
ArbitraryAffection said:
That's the thing, i honestly don't see this card actually beating the 2080. It's going to use more power, put more heat into your case (and subsequently into your room) and give 5-10% less performance in most games. Barring the few outliers where GCN has historically done really well in, obviously. 16GB is nice to have but not an absolute deal breaker on the 2080 only having 8. Oh and the 2080 also gives you RTX.

I am being harsh on the VII but I honestly don't see the value. I am almost certain they will sell out with just this few cards, because there's AT LEAST that many enthusiasts who only need it to be the fastest Radeon on the planet to have an excuse to buy it :p (Like me, if i wasn't broke xD)
Actually, since i swapped out my FX 8320 @ 4.8Ghz for a Ryzen 7 2700x i need to have something to heat up my working room again. It's getting pretty cold now lol when playing games here.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment