Sunday, January 20th 2008

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Benchmarked

German hardware site PCGH had the opportunity to benchmark the upcoming Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 processor through various performance benchmarks. The 45nm Core 2 Quad Q9300 CPU is yet to be relased and features 2,5GHz (333x7.5) clock speed, 6MB L2 shared cache and only 1.2V default voltage. See all the tests here.

Source: PCGH
Add your own comment

31 Comments on Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Benchmarked

#1
ShadowFold
So its better than a Qx9550?? Where did they get Phenom X2's and X3's???
Posted on Reply
#2
tofu
Simulated.

Must've disabled one or two of the cores.
Posted on Reply
#3
ShadowFold
tofu said:
Simulated.

Must've disabled one or two of the cores.
Is that what that means? Man AMD is gonna have a rough launch with those X2's and X3's then :(
Posted on Reply
#5
tofu
The simulated X2's and X3's are a poor performing bunch.

But if there as cheap as potato chips ~$50 lol, count me in :D
Posted on Reply
#6
jbizzler
How come they say MHz, not GHz?
Posted on Reply
#7
Nanyang
Wow.... that nice oc cpu...:banghead: Izit at stock cooling?
Posted on Reply
#8
CrAsHnBuRnXp
jbizzler said:
How come they say MHz, not GHz?
Because for instance 3500MHz is roughly 3.5GHz. 2500MHz is roughly 2.5GHz, etc, etc.
Posted on Reply
#9
jbizzler
Well, the QX9650 says 3.000 MHz, when I assume it should be 3.000 GHz.
Posted on Reply
#10
ShadowFold
jbizzler said:
Well, the QX9650 says 3.000 MHz, when I assume it should be 3.000 GHz.
Maybe they downclocked it lol im still hoping for a Q2200 :rolleyes:
Posted on Reply
#11
Weer
Well, we can clearly see where the extra 4 threads brought by HyperThreading make a difference.
Posted on Reply
#12
CrAsHnBuRnXp
jbizzler said:
Well, the QX9650 says 3.000 MHz, when I assume it should be 3.000 GHz.
3000MHz is 3GHz.
Posted on Reply
#13
kwchang007
Weer said:
Well, we can clearly see where the extra 4 threads brought by HyperThreading make a difference.
Uh I thought they were bringing back hyperthreading with nehlam, not penryn.
Posted on Reply
#16
ShadowFold
[I.R.A]_FBi said:
phenom just got raped ... no hope ..
brutally at that.. I really dont think AMD can survive much longer if they dont step up and release some good chips :( I cant even imagine how high intels prices would go if there wasnt a competitor
Posted on Reply
#17
CrAsHnBuRnXp
Duxx said:
:( I just want my Q9450... too impatient.
As do I.
Posted on Reply
#18
Unregistered
ShadowFold said:
brutally at that.. I really dont think AMD can survive much longer if they dont step up and release some good chips :( I cant even imagine how high intels prices would go if there wasnt a competitor
They would produce a new chip every 5 years for 1000$. :shadedshu
hah
Posted on Edit | Reply
#19
a111087
look at how single core cpu performs in World in Conflict, lol
Posted on Reply
#20
jbizzler
CrAsHnBuRnXp said:
3000MHz is 3GHz.
Yeah, but it doesn't say 3000, it says 3.000, i.e. 3 with 3 significant zeroes following the decimal point.

I know it doesn't matter, but I think it's just kind of funny to think of any processor released within the last decade would operate at only 3 MHz. maybe those are just really difficult-to-see commas.

It' so odd the way the CPU market is going. Before we're used to the performance one new core gives us, we get another crazy performance boost. I find myself wishing it would slow down soon. :laugh:
Posted on Reply
#21
Drash
jbizzler said:
Yeah, but it doesn't say 3000, it says 3.000, i.e. 3 with 3 significant zeroes following the decimal point.

I know it doesn't matter, but I think it's just kind of funny to think of any processor released within the last decade would operate at only 3 MHz. maybe those are just really difficult-to-see commas.
:
Maybe that's because they're German - they write 3 thousand as 3.000 and 3 point zero as 3,0. French do this as well as a few other Eu countries.
Posted on Reply
#23
kakazza
Comma is a deciamal seperator.
Most English-speaking countries use a period tho, no idea why.
however ISO standards recommend the use of comma instead of points also in English speaking countries
Posted on Reply
#24
erocker
jbizzler said:
Yeah, but it doesn't say 3000, it says 3.000, i.e. 3 with 3 significant zeroes following the decimal point.
What's the point?! Who cares!
Posted on Reply
#25
rhythmeister
kakazza said:
Comma is a deciamal seperator.
Most English-speaking countries use a period tho, no idea why.
We use full stops here :laugh:
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment