Tuesday, September 16th 2008

Crysis Warhead Available for PC Starting September 18, 2008

There's one more good news that will make gamers happier. Electronic Arts and Crytek GmbH announced today that Crysis Warhead, the next installment in the award-winning Crysis franchise, has shipped to retailers in North America and Europe and will hit store shelves and participating digital download services starting September 18, 2008 exclusively for the PC. Crysis Warhead takes place alongside the events of last year’s original Crysis, with players taking control of Sergeant “Psycho” Sykes. Crysis Warhead won't require the first Crysis to be installed, it's a standalone game. Electronic Arts will charge $29.99 for it. “The launch of Crysis Warhead marks a significant milestone for the entire Crytek family,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “The team at Crytek Hungary has delivered a dynamic and intense single player experience more than worthy of the Crysis franchise, while the multiplayer team in Frankfurt has revisited and extended multiplayer in the Crysis universe with Crysis Wars. They are both great representations of our studio’s core values of technical excellence, craftsmanship and quality.”Source: Crysis Warhead
Add your own comment

68 Comments on Crysis Warhead Available for PC Starting September 18, 2008

#1
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
pre ordered will let you guys know in a couple hours when i can get it :)
Posted on Reply
#2
chron
40 minutes to go. UGH I wish i wasn't at work today LOL
Posted on Reply
#3
tigger
I'm the only one



Cant run it yet though :(
Posted on Reply
#4
chron
so tigger, it let you download and install it but not run it? What kind of crap is that?
Posted on Reply
#5
tigger
I'm the only one
The "patch" ;) is not available yet.

I Always use try before you buy.I tryed stalker clear sky and have bought it on steam,i will probs do the same with this.I just want to make sure its not a pita to run like crysis.
Posted on Reply
#6
johnnyfiive
I cant decide if I will get it on Steam or go buy it at the store... I kinda want the box and stuff. Also, I have a $5 coupon at Best Buy...but then I have to drive 40 min to use it... hrmmmm decisions decisions.
Posted on Reply
#7
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
it wont let me DL WTF? still says pre ordered gay oooooooooooooooo its like 9am their i think not 10
Posted on Reply
#8
TRIPTEX_CAN
I got it reordered on steam too.

I think they will have the same release time as the direct2drive servers 10:00am PST....
Posted on Reply
#9
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
TRIPTEX_MTL said:
I got it reordered on steam too.

I think they will have the same release time as the direct2drive servers 10:00am PST....
20min!!! ill totally let you guys know
Posted on Reply
#10
TRIPTEX_CAN
Solaris17 said:
20min!!! ill totally let you guys know
Yeah I'm remote dektoped to my PC from work. @ 1:00 my time I think the downloads will be released. :rockout:

I'd love to be working for STEAM right now to see the servers get loaded up when they open the floodgates. :roll:
Posted on Reply
#11
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
TRIPTEX_MTL said:
Yeah I'm remote dektoped to my PC from work. @ 1:00 my time I think the downloads will be released. :rockout:

I'd love to be working for STEAM right now to see the servers get loaded up when they open the floodgates. :roll:
lol imagine the panik?!! OMFG were dropping connections like ants in a fire!!! BOSS the servers are melting Boss the main frame is starting to get unstable "turn on the auxillary power boys set the switches to full duplex we have to hold this out" OMG i cant sir were giving her all weve got!! "DAMN! today boys will be an epic day in steam history we will lose a few men but remember stand fast and we will fight this through till the end."
Posted on Reply
#12
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
The Gates Have Opened!!

Posted on Reply
#13
TRIPTEX_CAN
Solaris17 said:
lol imagine the panik?!! OMFG were dropping connections like ants in a fire!!! BOSS the servers are melting Boss the main frame is starting to get unstable "turn on the auxillary power boys set the switches to full duplex we have to hold this out" OMG i cant sir were giving her all weve got!! "DAMN! today boys will be an epic day in steam history we will lose a few men but remember stand fast and we will fight this through till the end."
haha :roll:

"quick!!! turn off all the lights and disconnect all network users we're gonna NEED the juice"

My STEAM is still showing "game not yet released"
Posted on Reply
#14
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
TRIPTEX_MTL said:
haha :roll:

"quick!!! turn off all the lights and disconnect all network users we're gonna NEED the juice"

My STEAM is still showing "game not yet released"
:( wtf hurry and get it!
Posted on Reply
#15
erocker
Senior Moderator
Just think if the MP works good right out of the box! I look forward to killing some of you soon! (Been watching too much "Ask a Ninja"!)
Posted on Reply
#16
TRIPTEX_CAN
Im gonna contact steam support and see what time they are releasing it :(
Posted on Reply
#17
Solaris17
Creator Solaris Utility DVD
erocker said:
Just think if the MP works good right out of the box! I look forward to killing some of you soon! (Been watching too much "Ask a Ninja"!)
plz me and you should start playing ut3 again i got a headset finally!!
Posted on Reply
#19
TRIPTEX_CAN
I probably should have gone with direct2drive... steams release will likely be a few hours later. I'll download single Warhead first and then Crysis Wars over night.
Posted on Reply
#20
TRIPTEX_CAN
w00t double post

Steam opened the gates @ 2:30 EST exactly. 1.1mb/s :rockout:
Posted on Reply
#21
candle_86
even if it has spores DRM, just use steam, it wont have that issue
Posted on Reply
#22
erocker
Senior Moderator
I'm running home from work to get started on the download! Wheeeeeee!:D
Posted on Reply
#23
TRIPTEX_CAN
erocker said:
I'm running home from work to get started on the download! Wheeeeeee!:D
Remote desktop FTW!!!

My gf was getting pissed every time I took control of the PC to check steam :pimp:
Posted on Reply
#24
tigger
I'm the only one
Lol women,dont expect any help on a wednesday.:slap:
Posted on Reply
#25
Urbklr
Got my retail copy, will be done installing in a few;)

Posted on Reply
Add your own comment