Saturday, July 4th 2009

Windows 7 Confirmed to Hit RTM on July 13

It would appear as though rumours which surfaced around a month ago are going to be proved correct, as sources close to multiple technology sites have confirmed that Windows 7 will be released to manufacturing on 13th July. Although general availability is still not until 22nd October, this is a significant milestone as the RTM build will be the final code which also gets shipped to the general public later this year. As well as OEMs, the build should also be available to TechNet and MSDN subscribers and will also no doubtedly find its way on to torrent sites shortly after. The wait for Microsoft's highly anticipated operating system is less than four months away, but for many of us little more than a week of waiting stands in our way.Source: Neowin.net
Add your own comment

136 Comments on Windows 7 Confirmed to Hit RTM on July 13

#1
tigger
I'm the only one
Apparently rc keys do not work on 7264.I aint got around to trying it yet though.
Posted on Reply
#2
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
i don't think people who ILLEGALLY ACQUIRE WIN7 should flame those of us who think buying WIN7 is sort of a joke. I highly doubt anyone here would be celebrating WIN7 over VISTA if you had to pay $200 for it. i'll wait until it drops to $100.
Posted on Reply
#3
alexp999
Staff
Easy Rhino said:
i don't think people who ILLEGALLY ACQUIRE WIN7 should flame those of us who think buying WIN7 is sort of a joke. I highly doubt anyone here would be celebrating WIN7 over VISTA if you had to pay $200 for it. i'll wait until it drops to $100.
Il be paying the equivalent of $80 for it when it goes up for pre-order :p
Posted on Reply
#4
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
alexp999 said:
Il be paying the equivalent of $80 for it when it goes up for pre-order :p
the full version or the upgrade? and how?
Posted on Reply
#5
Dippyskoodlez
I think he's talking about the pre-order offer that's.. been..... open for a while now lol
Posted on Reply
#6
JessicaD
Microsoft Representative
Kuroikenshi,

Windows 7 Professional does not include BitLocker or BitLocker to go but Windows 7 Ultimate does. If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released October 22nd it might be helpful to know that for a limited time only you can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 for a discounted price of more than half off! For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
Posted on Reply
#7
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
Dippyskoodlez said:
I think he's talking about the pre-order offer that's.. been..... open for a while now lol
i thought the pre-order was upgrade only
Posted on Reply
#8
LagunaX
tigger said:
Apparently rc keys do not work on 7264.I aint got around to trying it yet though.
RC keys don't work - running 7264 now.
What ppl are doing is replacing some filles from 7230's and the the RC keys will work.
Last version that RC keys worked was 7260.
Posted on Reply
#9
alexp999
Staff
Easy Rhino said:
i thought the pre-order was upgrade only
Pre-order isnt upgrade only afaik.

But UK pre-orders start on 15th July.

@ Dippy, get your facts straight before you start loling :shadedshu
Posted on Reply
#10
tigger
I'm the only one
Whats it like that 7264? any better/differant to 7100?
Posted on Reply
#11
alexp999
Staff
tigger said:
Whats it like that 7264? any better/differant to 7100?
Even if it is, is it really worth all the hassle for one week? :ohwell:
Posted on Reply
#12
LagunaX
Probably not worth the hassle of 1 week.

7264 is fine like 7260 like 7229, pretty stable. 7100 would occassionally crash but I think it was more of a driver compatibility issue,especially for Nvidia.
Posted on Reply
#13
TheMailMan78
Big Member
alexp999 said:
Now your showing that you are clueless tbh. I agree Vista was a great OS, but Window 7 is just better.
Its the same damn thing. I don't get you guys. They took out a few programs and changed the GUI. SAME DAMN OS! FYI don't think I've forgotten you stole my story.

kyle2020 said:
Everyone, calm the fuck down, mailman's got this. We should all just forget Windows 7, stop progressing and go back to Vista because who really, at the end of the day, wants a better looking, less resource hungry, smoother operating system when Vista is still out? I mean, its not like Microsoft are phasing Vista out themselves is it? Oh wait, oh I do make myself chuckle at times, yes they are. Stop being an XP fanboy of yesteryear and let people go to whatever new OS they want.
I love smart asses like yourself. You always talk yourself into a hole. Ill be buying Windows7 the day it comes out due to DX11. But I'm not going to jump around like a gay parade claiming it to be a new OS. Ill leave that to guys like you.
Posted on Reply
#14
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
alexp999 said:
Pre-order isnt upgrade only afaik.

But UK pre-orders start on 15th July.

@ Dippy, get your facts straight before you start loling :shadedshu
it is upgrade only for that low price.
Posted on Reply
#15
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
TheMailMan78 said:
Its the same damn thing. I don't get you guys. They took out a few programs and changed the GUI. SAME DAMN OS! FYI don't think I've forgotten you stole my story.

I love smart asses like yourself. You always talk yourself into a hole. Ill be buying Windows7 the day it comes out due to DX11. But I'm not going to jump around like a gay parade claiming it to be a new OS. Ill leave that to guys like you.
i thought vista is going to support dx11 ?
Posted on Reply
#16
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Easy Rhino said:
i thought vista is going to support dx11 ?
Not that I know of.

Edit: I stand corrected. It does in fact support Vista. Maybe I wont be buying Windows7 so fast after all.
Posted on Reply
#17
Easy Rhino
Linux Advocate
TheMailMan78 said:
Not that I know of.

Edit: I stand corrected. It does in fact support Vista. Maybe I wont be buying Windows7 so fast after all.
yea that is my thinking as well. i only upgraded to vista to get dx10 support. id still be using XP if it wasnt for microsofts underhanded marketing scheme! :laugh: unless i can buy the full retail version (not the upgrade!) for under $150 i doubt i will buy it.
Posted on Reply
#18
Dippyskoodlez
alexp999 said:

@ Dippy, get your facts straight before you start loling :shadedshu
Yeah, sorry I'm not exposed to Uk release dates 24/7 :confused:
Posted on Reply
#19
Makaveli
I'm currently using build 7100 and its very glitchy with my Creative Xtreme music card.

64bit version and i've tried both the release drivers and creatives beta drivers yet the audio poping and static doesn't stop.

I dual boot and my 32bit vista works fine with no issues any ideas?
Posted on Reply
#20
Dippyskoodlez
Makaveli said:

I dual boot and my 32bit vista works fine with no issues any ideas?
Stick with 32 bit :(

After using win7 64 bit, I'm not even gonna waste my time once it hits RTM. not worth the wasted HDD space, or hassle of getting drivers to work.
Posted on Reply
#21
Makaveli
ya but the reason I want the 64bit version is so I can access all of my memory. In vista I can only access 3GB of the 4GB installed in my system.

And i'm planning a quad core upgrade maybe by xmas and I won't be going with another 32bit OS!
Posted on Reply
#22
TheMailMan78
Big Member
Makaveli said:
ya but the reason I want the 64bit version is so I can access all of my memory. In vista I can only access 3GB of the 4GB installed in my system.

And i'm planning a quad core upgrade maybe by xmas and I won't be going with another 32bit OS!
Then drop anything made by Creative. They couldn't physically suck more at making drivers. It would defy the laws of physics to do so.
Posted on Reply
#23
LagunaX
Makaveli said:
I'm currently using build 7100 and its very glitchy with my Creative Xtreme music card.

64bit version and i've tried both the release drivers and creatives beta drivers yet the audio poping and static doesn't stop.

I dual boot and my 32bit vista works fine with no issues any ideas?
Why not just pop your card out and just use this until there is a better driver?
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=92384
Posted on Reply
#24
Methious
Much as I hate it I'm prolly gonna pre-order at least a Home Premium version. Gonna need a 64 bit version and it's going to be a PITA until they get the drivers working right.
Posted on Reply
#25
Mussels
Moderprator
Methious said:
Much as I hate it I'm prolly gonna pre-order at least a Home Premium version. Gonna need a 64 bit version and it's going to be a PITA until they get the drivers working right.
i take it you havent run the beta or RC yet then?

I've ran it on two of my systems, my housemates have it on their two machines, and i know of about 4 other lanners with it personally. None have had driver issues, except for creative users... and who cares about them, creative ALWAYS have these problems so people need to learn to deal with that.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment