Thursday, December 3rd 2015

Noctua Introduces Chromax Accessories

Noctua today officially introduced its chromax line of anti-vibration parts that give users the option of colour-customising their fans to match individual build colour schemes.
Available in red, blue, green, yellow, black and white, the chromax versions of NA-SAV2 anti-vibration mounts and NA-SAVP1 anti-vibration pads are ideal for colour-coordinating Noctua's black industrialPPC fans with other components and popular build themes such as all black, black & white, black & red or black & blue.

"The introduction of our redux and industrialPPC product lines marked a first step towards offering fans that fit in well with the typical colour schemes favoured by today's overclockers and enthusiasts", says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "With the new chromax line, we're taking another step by allowing users to colour-customise their fans with red, blue, green, yellow, black or white anti-vibration parts."
Whereas the new chromax edition NA-AV2 anti-vibration mounts fit all types of Noctua fans, including redux models, the NA-AVP1 anti-vibration pads fit all NF-F12, NF-S12A and NF-A14 models and are ideal for customising fans of the black industrialPPC line.

"When we introduced our industrialPPC series, we mainly had industrial clients in mind, but the fans have become surprisingly popular among overclockers and enthusiasts," explains Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "The new NA-SAVP1 kits now give them the option of matching their iPPC fans to various build themes by simply changing the supplied anti-vibration pads for chromax ones."

Both the NA-SAV2 and NA-SAVP1 parts are made of premium-grade silicone that is extra soft and highly tearproof at the same time, thus combining efficient decoupling with excellent longevity and ease of use. While the NA-SAV2 kits include 20 anti-vibration mounts for 5 fans, the NA-SAVP1 kits include 16 anti-vibration pads for 2 fans.

Prices and availability
The manufacturer's suggested retail prices for both the NA-SAV2 and the NA-SAVP1 are EUR 6.90 / USD 6.90. The following variants are currently shipping and will be available shortly:
NA-SAV2 chromax.blue
NA-SAV2 chromax.red
NA-SAV2 chromax.yellow
NA-SAV2 chromax.green
NA-SAV2 chromax.white
NA-SAV2 chromax.black

NA-SAVP1 chromax.blue
NA-SAVP1 chromax.red
NA-SAVP1 chromax.yellow
NA-SAVP1 chromax.green
NA-SAVP1 chromax.white
NA-SAVP1 chromax.black
Add your own comment

10 Comments on Noctua Introduces Chromax Accessories

#1
Furunomoe
The majority of the fan color would still be brown though....
Posted on Reply
#2
deemon
the NA-SAVP1 kits include 16 anti-vibration pads for 2 fans.
lets face it, for function and silence you need only 4 of those pads included in NA-SAVP1, not 8, as you normally never sandwich fans between 2 surfaces - so 1 of those kits is good for 4 fans.

Furunomoe said:
The majority of the fan color would still be brown though....
unless you buy the redux line (grey, and without any pads) or industrial line fans (black, but for some weird reason still today come with brown pads).
http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-redux.html
http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial.html

so the redux line might seem like natural fit for those new chromax pads, BUT ... they are incompatible with the pads according to this (because they don't have the holes necessary):
http://noctua.at/en/sip_productfaqnew/productfaq/view/id/151
Really sad. Colourful rubber-bolts they still can use though.
Posted on Reply
#3
natr0n
colorful fan rubbers
Posted on Reply
#4
RejZoR
That's like attaching some colorful ornaments on some sick. In the end, it's still just a pool of sick.

Fix your stupid color scheme first Noctua!
Posted on Reply
#5
Cybrnook2002
I must be crazy, but I rather like the unique brown colors. There is no denying you have anything but Noctua (and those oh so nice fan bearings) in there where you see it :)

But variety is always nice. This is a step in the right direction, and seems Noctua is recognizing that the market likes color schemes, not just brand recognition.
Posted on Reply
#7
Fx
Cybrnook2002 said:
I must be crazy, but I rather like the unique brown colors. There is no denying you have anything but Noctua (and those oh so nice fan bearings) in there where you see it :)
We've beat the topic to death seven ways from Sunday, but I do too.
Posted on Reply
#8
Hood
RejZoR said:
That's like attaching some colorful ornaments on some sick. In the end, it's still just a pool of sick.

Fix your stupid color scheme first Noctua!
Perhaps their "stupid color scheme", as you call it, was designed to differentiate the serious builders from the posers - the serious builder wants quiet, maximum performance, and longevity - the posers only care about styling and profiling, and would be happier with any $5 fan with pretty colors or LED lights, even if it doesn't perform well.
I say this as a former poser who bought plenty of crappy LED fans back before I learned the difference...these new Chromax kits should help some others grow up as well...
Posted on Reply
#9
newtekie1
Semi-Retired Folder
Furunomoe said:
The majority of the fan color would still be brown though....
Unless you buy one of the black versions...
Posted on Reply
#10
cheesy999
Hood said:
Perhaps their "stupid color scheme", as you call it, was designed to differentiate the serious builders from the posers - the serious builder wants quiet, maximum performance, and longevity - the posers only care about styling and profiling, and would be happier with any $5 fan with pretty colors or LED lights, even if it doesn't perform well.
I say this as a former poser who bought plenty of crappy LED fans back before I learned the difference...these new Chromax kits should help some others grow up as well...
What if someone wanted both?
Posted on Reply