Tuesday, October 2nd 2018

Intel Stocks Jump 5% With First Piece of Good News on 10 nm

The tides at Intel have been blacker than they have been blue due to woes in silicon production - and the slow, sure steps of their rival AMD. It's been a rough, domino-powered ride: Intel has faced delay after delay of their 10 nm fabrication process technology. This, in turn, has constrained their production capacity, leading top shortages and increasing prices of Intel processors, and expensive chipset redesigns, moving them up from Intel's top-of-the-line 14 nm process back to 22 nm. So, yeah, after such a stream of lows, the first high note to be struck leaves a much lasting impact - and this has happened on Intel's stock pricing.

A research report from Steve Mullane, analyst at BlueFin Research Partners, says that Intel could be looking on sooner-than-expected ramp-up of their 10 nm process - slated for a June 2019 timeframe. "Intel's second-half production levels suggest upside to analyst revenue estimates for the fourth quarter and first quarter of 2019," further stating that suppliers believe production of new 10 nm silicon could be pulled forward from the June 2019 timeline by four to six weeks. This news brought about a jump in Intel share price up by 5%, while simultaneously reducing AMD's stock price by some 3.6%. At the end of trade day, these highs and lows converted to a 3.55% increase for Intel and a 7.65% drop for AMD.
Source: markets.BusinessInsider
Add your own comment

23 Comments on Intel Stocks Jump 5% With First Piece of Good News on 10 nm

#1
StrayKAT
So what's the timeline for AMD's 7nm CPUs?
Posted on Reply
#2
Indra18
like ENRON ..up up until last day..... ))))) next year will hear many fake news "piece of good news" as always .. investors will try keep "kodakIntel" on "wheels" until it wil possible.. investors own also big news companys soo they will spread "good mood " about intel in next 6 monts ..))
Zen 2 and amd 64 will nailed down next year intel and amd cpu sales numbers will show true ...
Soros sell all stock from intel.. he unfortunately dont make mistakes ...)))))))))) its now just mainstream game for plebs in medias
Titanic-intelic )))
Posted on Reply
#3
DeathtoGnomes
wait, an analyst is predicting what Intel is going to do? Damn I want his crystal ball.
Posted on Reply
#4
StrayKAT
DeathtoGnomes said:
wait, an analyst is predicting what Intel is going to do? Damn I want his crystal ball.
If it's the kind of news that can bump a stock up, it must be more than crystal balls. It could be insider info? Or maybe purposely planted and something Intel wanted, just to make traders more confident.
Posted on Reply
#5
chaosmassive
AMD : We made CPU very competitive to Intel
Investor : meh
AMD : as you can see on this sales we slowly gaining market share from Intel
Investor : meh
AMD : we planning to launch 7nm in less than a year
Investor : meh
Intel : I am so sorry dear investors, we having delay for 10nm not to mention 7nm
Investor : WHAT?!!? QUICKLY RUSH B, WE MEAN AMD !!
AMD: wow guys, my stock all time high since decades
Investor : YES AMD, we believe (sort of) in you
Intel : GOOD NEWS, 10nm CPU launch faster by... few weeks
Investor : THAT WILL DO, NOW RUSH BACK TO INTEL !!!
Posted on Reply
#6
oxidized
StrayKAT said:
If it's the kind of news that can bump a stock up, it must be more than crystal balls. It could be insider info? Or maybe purposely planted and something Intel wanted, just to make traders more confident.
It's intel, it's surely planted. Now if it was AMD it would've been probably insider info and accurate 100% because you know, they never lie or divulgate false/misleading info
Posted on Reply
#7
StrayKAT
chaosmassive said:
AMD : We made CPU very competitive to Intel
Investor : meh
AMD : as you can see on this sales we slowly gaining market share from Intel
Investor : meh
AMD : we planning to launch 7nm in less than a year
Investor : meh
Intel : I am so sorry dear investors, we having delay for 10nm not to mention 7nm
Investor : WHAT?!!? QUICKLY RUSH B, WE MEAN AMD !!
AMD: wow guys, my stock all time high since decades
Investor : YES AMD, we believe (sort of) in you
Intel : GOOD NEWS, 10nm CPU launch faster by... few weeks
Investor : THAT WILL DO, NOW RUSH BACK TO INTEL !!!
Everything seems to be right, except Intel's 10nm is roughly equivalent to AMD/TMSC's 7nm. They're not quite as far behind as it sounds.

oxidized said:
It's intel, it's surely planted. Now if it was AMD it would've been probably insider info and accurate 100% because you know, they never lie or divulgate false/misleading info
I won't say that AMD either. Just throwing that out there as a possibility for Intel. I like both of their products.
Posted on Reply
#8
oxidized
StrayKAT said:
I won't say that AMD either. Just throwing that out there as a possibility for Intel. I like both of their products.
Just joking, it seems to me that in the last couple of years, maybe more, whatever related to AMD is good, and whatever related to intel or nvidia is bad. If some leak is in favour of intel, it's probably fake or planted or pumped up, if it's favor of AMD it's probably a real leak, accurate and diminished compared to the actual thing.
Posted on Reply
#9
chaosmassive
oxidized said:
Just joking, it seems to me that in the last couple of years, maybe more, whatever related to AMD is good, and whatever related to intel or nvidia is bad. If some leak is in favour of intel, it's probably fake or planted or pumped up, if it's favor of AMD it's probably a real leak, accurate and diminished compared to the actual thing.
We want to 'nurse' AMD back to health so that they can trading blow as equal competitor, in the end neither AMD or Intel is the winner, we ARE
Posted on Reply
#10
Fluffmeister
AMD stocks are definitely taking a bit of a beating at the moment, damn the stock market is brutal.

Posted on Reply
#11
oxidized
chaosmassive said:
We want to 'nurse' AMD back to health so that they can trading blow as equal competitor, in the end neither AMD or Intel is the winner, we ARE
Well i have a different opinion about this matter, but whatever.
Posted on Reply
#12
ToxicTaZ
StrayKAT said:
So what's the timeline for AMD's 7nm CPUs?
Paper launch in April

In stores May 2019
Posted on Reply
#13
notb
"At the end of trade day, these highs and lows converted to a 3.55% increase for Intel and a 0.45% drop for AMD."
I love how you made a mistake and quoted the wrong figure for AMD (after-hours). Good job.

The correct final values are:
Intel: +3.55% (after-hours: +0.62%)
AMD: -7.64% (after-hours: -1.76%)
Posted on Reply
#14
Easo
Another proof that stock market is way too volatile and is out of touch with reality a little more than is healthy.
Oh well, someone just made a buck out of this, as usual.
Posted on Reply
#15
Raevenlord
News Editor
notb said:

The correct final values are:
Intel: +3.55% (after-hours: +0.62%)
AMD: -7.64% (after-hours: -1.76%)
First of all, thanks for the heads-up.

notb said:
I love how you made a mistake and quoted the wrong figure for AMD (after-hours). Good job.
Second, grow up.
Posted on Reply
#16
notb
Raevenlord said:
Second, grow up.
To be honest, at this point I think TPU or few staff members have some kind of affiliation to AMD. Or at least hope to get some. ;-)
I kind of stopped caring. ;-)
Posted on Reply
#17
JRMBelgium
Can you imagin the stock dump if Intel has to admit that this news isn't true?
Posted on Reply
#18
DeathtoGnomes
notb said:
To be honest, at this point I think TPU or few staff members have some kind of affiliation to AMD. Or at least hope to get some. ;-)
I kind of stopped caring. ;-)
you wouldnt feel that way if you didnt twist facts to fit your narrative.
Posted on Reply
#19
notb
Jelle Mees said:
Can you imagin the stock dump if Intel has to admit that this news isn't true?
Can you imagine the AMD stock dump if it is true?
BTW: AMD today already -7%.
Posted on Reply
#20
TristanX
Intel will release Ice Lake before Zen 2
Posted on Reply
#21
John Naylor
AMDs drop was inevitable given their market share drop from Q3 2107 (22.3%) to Q3 2018 (20.9%). This has been an bane among those pushing stock AMD buys. I have t wonder how after a relatively flat Q2 => Q3 in 2018, on the 1st day of Q4, the passmark market share indicator jumped 5 %. Imagine that ... is it possible that that on October 1st. millions of people bought, built and tested their new AMD based builds ? The site states:

"As the chart is updated daily, but data points are for the quarter, the first few days of a new quarter will only have a few samples. i.e. The first few days of a new quarter are less accurate compared to the end of a quarter. "

Th way it works is that the algorithm notes the daily increase and projects the rate oif change out 90 days to predict end of quarter values. So either millions of folks waited till after Septemeber 30th to build test their new AMD systems or someone is manipulating the graph by botting submissions to push an agenda.

Q2 2018 =-> Q3 2018 = +0.20% (end of quarter)
Q3 2018 =-> Q4 2018 = +4.80 % (2 days in)

So whaddya think...

a) is everyone suddenly "getting it" and AMD market share will increase 24 times last quarter's increase ? ... or
b) is there some kind of data manipulation going on here ?

If it's b), the "pump and dump" crowd is going to clean up.
Posted on Reply
#22
R-T-B
chaosmassive said:
We want to 'nurse' AMD back to health so that they can trading blow as equal competitor, in the end neither AMD or Intel is the winner, we ARE
Trust me, pumping up their news whether real or fake while decrying anything of the opposition is a horrid way to "help" any market.
Posted on Reply
#23
stimpy88
This is both funny and tragic at the same time. It shows how tech illiterate the money factories and it's greasy little workforce are.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment