Wednesday, December 19th 2018

AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Beta Drivers

With AMD's recent launch of their Adrenalin 2019 Edition drivers, it was only a matter of time until we saw another major release. Enter the Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 Beta drivers. While no performance improvements have been directly listed for this release, they do contain a large number of fixes. These fixes include but are not limited too; RX Vega graphics cards having their memory locked at 800 MHz, WattMan fan speed gauge will sometimes overfill, Auto tuning controls not displaying a warning message in Radeon Overlay, etc. While these fixes are a welcome sight and were quickly implemented by AMD, they still have a ways to go in regards to getting all the kinks worked out. You can view the full change-log below.
DOWNLOAD: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.12.3 Beta

Fixed Issues
  • Fan speed gauge in Radeon WattMan may sometimes overfill.
  • Memory clocks on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may become locked at 800Mhz.
  • Game profiles with custom fan settings may sometimes remain even after closing a game.
  • The game streaming tab may be missing in Radeon Settings when Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is installed twice on a system.
  • Radeon ReLive for VR may experience minor corruption for a few seconds immediately after connecting a headset.
  • Auto tuning controls are not displaying their warning message in Radeon Overlay.
  • Custom values for the sampling interval slider in the performance metrics feature may fail to enable.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes list a previously installed driver version even after driver successfully upgrading.
  • Apply and Done buttons may sometimes overlap in Radeon Settings or Radeon Overlay.
Known Issues
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings.
  • Zero RPM may fail to enable/disable correctly when switching between manual and automatic fan controls.
  • Upgrade Advisor may intermittently fail to detect games and provide compatibility recommendations.
  • A port 58888 already in use error message may be observed when AMD Link Server was disabled while an IOS device client was connected.
  • Radeon Overlay's new in overlay video player may experience smoothness issues while adjusting the playback slider.
  • Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene.
  • Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
Add your own comment

28 Comments on AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Beta Drivers

#1
MrGenius
How hard can it possibly be to fix the issue of not being able to control fan speed with utilities besides WattMan? Come on AMD. You're killing me here...
Posted on Reply
#2
Readlight
Instaled whql and then whit built-in updater.
This is some experimental one in 7 it causes black screen because of integrated GPU and in 10 almost the same but works, watman or chill restores if there is unexpected power off.
compatibility check makes an error.
Posted on Reply
#3
Mysteoa
MrGenius said:
How hard can it possibly be to fix the issue of not being able to control fan speed with utilities besides WattMan? Come on AMD. You're killing me here...
AMD is not responsible for other software not able to connect to the there drivers hooks for controlling the fan speed. Its up to the others devs to see what was changed and fix it in their software.

Should AMD communicate with them on what changes they are making, so they don't loose compatibility? Yes, but do they care enough , I don't think so.
Posted on Reply
#4
GoldenX
Good, fixed compatibility with 9 series APUs.
Posted on Reply
#5
MrGenius
Mysteoa said:
AMD is not responsible for other software not able to connect to the there drivers hooks for controlling the fan speed. Its up to the others devs to see what was changed and fix it in their software.

Should AMD communicate with them on what changes they are making, so they don't loose compatibility? Yes, but do they care enough , I don't think so.
It's a dick move in my book. To leave their AIB partners hanging like that.

Just bought an AMD card from MSI? Wanna use MSI Afterburner for fan control? Too bad!

Just bought an AMD card from Sapphire? Wanna use Sapphire TRIXX for fan control. Too bad!

Just bought an AMD card from Gigabyte? Wanna use Gigabyte Aorus Engine or Xtreme Gaming Engine for fan control? Too bad!

Etc.

Etc.
Posted on Reply
#6
GoldenX
MrGenius said:
It's a dick move in my book. To leave their AIB partners hanging like that.

Just bought an AMD card from MSI? Wanna use MSI Afterburner for fan control? Too bad!

Just bought an AMD card from Sapphire? Wanna use Sapphire TRIXX for fan control. Too bad!

Just bought an AMD card from Gigabyte? Wanna use Gigabyte Aorus Engine or Xtreme Gaming Engine for fan control? Too bad!

Etc.

Etc.
Eh, it happens from time to time. APIs have to be updated too.
Wait a week or maybe less and it will work again.
Posted on Reply
#7
LocoDiceGR
MrGenius said:
How hard can it possibly be to fix the issue of not being able to control fan speed with utilities besides WattMan? Come on AMD. You're killing me here...
Is this a joke?
Posted on Reply
#8
Deeveo
Had to go back to 18.12.1. 18.12.2 had the memory clock issue (staying at 700MHz idle). 18.12.3 did not fix this and added GPU fan not shutting down at idle anymore.
Posted on Reply
#9
HD64G
The 18.12.2 was ok for me after a clean install but this one with a quick installed caused the following bug. Caused a black screen through the procedure and forced me to hard reset the system. After that, the option to start the driver panel through right clicking the mouse and selecting it was disappeared.

UPDATE: After a clean re-install all went well. So, just to make sure everything goes well, choose a clean install.
Posted on Reply
#10
tvamos
HD64G said:
The 18.12.2 was ok for me after a clean install but this one with a quick installed caused the following bug. Caused a black screen through the procedure and forced me to hard reset the system. After that, the option to start the driver panel through right clicking the mouse and selecting it was disappeared.

UPDATE: After a clean re-install all went well. So, just to make sure everything goes well, choose a clean install.
Same thing has happened to me on many occasions with a lot of driver versions. During installation screen flashes few times before staying black. Hard reset and then it would work next time. But now I just avoid it all and go directly to safe mode, DDU clean and install anew. Works every time.
Posted on Reply
#11
TheinsanegamerN
LOOK at that list of "known issues"! Cmon AMD, you are not going to convince people to buy your products if you let support slip again.

I'm still on 18.9, and I'm staying there for awhile. These driver updates always seem to break more then they fix.
Posted on Reply
#12
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
AMD does pick about the worst time of the year to drop big feature updates. Namely, everyone is leaving on vacation so any bugs in it (and bugs are inevitable) don't get ironed out until January. Considering they broke DX9 by accident last year and the virtual silence by AMD (because of holidays) caused the rumor mill the churn out falsehoods like AMD is no longer going to support DX9 games. That was false of course and they got it fixed by mid-January.

Well...same thing is happening this year. Lots of known issues that won't get fixed until next year. Of course they'll be fixed, it just won't happen fast because of the timing.
Posted on Reply
#13
xkm1948
FordGT90Concept said:
AMD does pick about the worst time of the year to drop big feature updates. Namely, everyone is leaving on vacation so any bugs in it (and bugs are inevitable) don't get ironed out until January. Considering they broke DX9 by accident last year and the virtual silence by AMD (because of holidays) caused the rumor mill the churn out falsehoods like AMD is no longer going to support DX9 games. That was false of course and they got it fixed by mid-January.

Well...same thing is happening this year. Lots of known issues that won't get fixed until next year. Of course they'll be fixed it, it just won't happen fast because of the timing.
It was not rumor mill, it was AMD tech support posting in AMd community forum that DX9 support may be dropped

Amd/comments/7ncr3y

Quote from original post from AMD employee:
"This title is from 2007, so we are unlikely to devote any valuable engineering resources to this issue, which is most likely caused by outdated API modules."
Posted on Reply
#14
HD64G
xkm1948 said:
It was not rumor mill, it was AMD tech support posting in AMd community forum that DX9 support may be dropped

Amd/comments/7ncr3y

Quote from original post from AMD employee:
Maybe he has already departed for Intel as the previous ones...
Posted on Reply
#15
xkm1948
HD64G said:
Maybe he has already departed for Intel as the previous ones...
Nah he still work there. He is pretty higher up in the tech support as I remember some of my email communication with AMD (trying to fix FuryX downclocking during VR) it was him as well.

https://community.amd.com/people/amdmatt/activity


Anyway I probably should stop commenting on anything AMD graphics related now as I will get harassed by some members here that think RTG can do no wrong and all of my problems with the previous FuryX was my problem
Posted on Reply
#16
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
xkm1948 said:
Quote from original post from AMD employee:
Same thing: he spoke on matters without authority because all of the bosses were gone.
Posted on Reply
#17
Fluffmeister
What a mess, yeah I agree, get your house in order before supporting more stuff fans love to hate.
Posted on Reply
#18
HD64G
This driver has a bug in its in-gaming monitoring display that stucks in the moment it show itself and doesn't renew its stats per second as used to do.
Posted on Reply
#19
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
Talking about the overlay? ctrl+shift+O? In what context does it fail to update? How many monitors are plugged into the card?
Posted on Reply
#20
HD64G
FordGT90Concept said:
Talking about the overlay? ctrl+shift+O? In what context does it fail to update? How many monitors are plugged into the card?
Exactly what you said. The overlay remains frozen showing the stats it got the time it appeared and it's not refreshing them regurarly as it should be and was doing with the previous versions. 2 monitors plugged into the GPU as usual but the 2nd one is off when this behavious appears and it is doing so only with the latest driver.
Posted on Reply
#21
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
Can you provide the steps to reproduce the issue?

By "off" do you mean the monitor doesn't even show up in "Display settings?"
Posted on Reply
#22
HD64G
FordGT90Concept said:
Can you provide the steps to reproduce the issue?

By "off" do you mean the monitor doesn't even show up in "Display settings?"
Just pressing the combo ctrl+shift+O in-game shows the overlay but it stays frozen not changing the stats. The 2nd monitor is in a stand-by state but the windows has it enabled as a selection.
Posted on Reply
#23
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
What game? Is the game running full screen, windowed, or windowed borderless?
Posted on Reply
#24
HD64G
In all the games I tried (Witcher3, GTR2, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Evochron Mercenary, Divinity Original Sin EE) with either full screen or borderless the same bug appeared.
Posted on Reply
#25
FordGT90Concept
"I go fast!1!11!1!"
Do you have any other overlay running that may conflict (e.g. MSI Afterburner)?


If you want to enable logging, run this registry:
code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN\Log]
"log_enabled"=dword:00000001
"log_destination"=dword:00000000
"log_minpriority"=dword:00000000
"log_component_ids"="0"

It will save the log at: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AMD\CN

Zip it up and get it to me.
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment