Monday, April 1st 2019
AMD today released their Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.1 Drivers. This beta release features no performance enhancements, and it also doesn't add any support for new games. Instead, it is centered around fixing various issues seen within AMD's software and a couple of games. The biggest of these fixes is the elimination of crashes and application hang in World of Warcraft with Patch 8.1.5 or later when using MSAA. They have also eliminated graphical corruption seen in World of Tanks when in-game settings are set to the minimum when using Radeon RX Vega graphics products. Considering how popular both of these titles are it is likely more than a few gamers will be quite happy with these fixes. AMD has made sure to note a few unresolved problems as well. The most annoying of which is likely going to be screen flicker with multiple displays at the desktop or with applications running on AMD's Radeon VII.AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.4.1 Beta
The change-log follows.
The change-log follows.
- AMD Radeon VII and Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience system instability, or an intermittent system hang when three or more displays are connected and enabled at the same time.
- World of Warcraft patch 8.1.5 or later may experience an intermittent crash or application hang when MSAA is enabled.
- Mouse cursors may disappear or move out of the boundary of the top of a display on AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
- Radeon WattMan auto overclock may fail to raise engine clocks past default levels on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Vari-Bright changes may fail to apply on some AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics system configurations.
- World of Tanks may experience intermittent graphical corruption when game settings are set to minimum on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
- Netflix Windows Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
- Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.