Tuesday, July 20th 2021

GIGABYTE Intros X570S Gaming X Motherboard

GIGABYTE rolled out the X570S Gaming X motherboard, expanding its line of AMD X570S motherboards that debuted in June with a trio of AORUS Gaming and AERO series products. The Gaming X sticks to GIGABYTE's main brand, and is usually priced below its AORUS Gaming models. Built in the ATX form-factor, the board draws power from a combination of 24-pin ATX and single 8-pin EPS connectors. It uses a 6-layer PCB for better memory and PCIe signalling. A 14-phase (12+2 phase) VRM powers the CPU, with an enlarged MOSFET heatsink. The AMD X570S chipset is cooled by a fanless heatsink.

The AM4 socket is wired to a PCI-Express 4.0 x16 slot, and M.2 NVMe slot with PCI-Express 4.0 x4 wiring. There are two additional M.2 NVMe slots wired to the X570S chipset, both capable of PCI-Express 4.0 x4. Other expansion slots include a PCI-Express x16 (Gen 4 x2 electrical), and two Gen 4 x1 slots. USB connectivity includes two 10 Gbps USB 3.2 ports on the rear panel, one of which is type-C; and seven 5 Gbps USB 3.2 ports, from which four are on the rear panel, one is an internal type-C port, and two ports via headers. The sole network interface is a 2.5 GbE, driven by a Realtek 8125B controller. The 8-channel onboard audio is basic Realtek ALC892 fare. The board comes with out-of-the-box support for Ryzen 5000 "Vermeer," and Ryzen 5000G "Cezanne" processors, besides Ryzen 3000 series. The company didn't reveal pricing, but we expect this to go for well under $180.
Add your own comment

23 Comments on GIGABYTE Intros X570S Gaming X Motherboard

#1
Dammeron
Hey, Gigabyte! How about some nice mATX with all the goodies, huh?
Posted on Reply
#2
TheLostSwede
DammeronHey, Gigabyte! How about some nice mATX with all the goodies, huh?
Apparently they don't see the market demand.
I would like that too, but alas...
Posted on Reply
#3
xela333
DammeronHey, Gigabyte! How about some nice mATX with all the goodies, huh?
A real shame the only x570 MATX board on the market is the Asrock X570M Pro4, which I own. Would be brilliant to have more choice in this space.
Posted on Reply
#4
Dragokar
Would be nice if someone could actually buy them somewhere in the EU....
Posted on Reply
#5
TheLostSwede
xela333A real shame the only x570 MATX board on the market is the Asrock X570M Pro4, which I own. Would be brilliant to have more choice in this space.
That's obviously not true. That said, there aren't many and none of them are good.
www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=957
en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=84&id=880
DragokarWould be nice if someone could actually buy them somewhere in the EU....
geizhals.eu/?cat=mbam4&xf=317_X570%7E4400_%B5ATX
Posted on Reply
#6
Dragokar
I never talked about matx and even if so, no X570S is available in EU. Only "regular" X570.
Posted on Reply
#7
Dammeron
TheLostSwedeApparently they don't see the market demand.
I would like that too, but alas...
That's the thing - I just can't comprehend, how ATX is still the leading format. Back in the day we had graphic cards, sound cards, TV, LAN... Nowadays, how many users pack something more than a GPU into the case? Maybe 5%? For the rest 95% ITX would suffice completely, and out of those 5%, 4 will have just one more card, so mATX should be the better option, considering that it's smaller.
Posted on Reply
#8
TheinsanegamerN
TheLostSwedeThat's obviously not true. That said, there aren't many and none of them are good.
www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=957
en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=84&id=880


geizhals.eu/?cat=mbam4&xf=317_X570%7E4400_%B5ATX
So, a biostar board that isnt for sale in the US, and a colorful board that has 0 US support and almost no reviws counts?

We all know what he meant. Where is the gigabyte sniper M x570? MSI mortar M 570? Asus crosshair M 570? Why does only B550 get the matx love.
Posted on Reply
#10
TheinsanegamerN
ChaitanyaSurprisingly MSI B550M Mortar is a great motherboard and far better than any mATX X570 boards out there.
It's a fantastic board, but the lack of PCIe 4.0 slots for SSDs is a bit of a downer. Direct Storage will want PCIe 4.0 and CPU/motherboard combos will last a very long time.
Posted on Reply
#11
TheLostSwede
DammeronThat's the thing - I just can't comprehend, how ATX is still the leading format. Back in the day we had graphic cards, sound cards, TV, LAN... Nowadays, how many users pack something more than a GPU into the case? Maybe 5%? For the rest 95% ITX would suffice completely, and out of those 5%, 4 will have just one more card, so mATX should be the better option, considering that it's smaller.
Well, I have a 10Gbps card and obviously NVMe drives takes up a bit of space, but I'm sure there could be ways around that.
We're stuck with old form factors that aren't fit for purpose any more, but it's going to be really hard to change that. Just look at what happened to BTX, it was a major flopp, although part of the reason for that was the anticipated cooling requirements that Intel had and that never quite materialised, so luckily 1kg+ coolers never became the norm.
In fact, Shuttle ran afoul of that issue and couldn't airship their SFF barebones that followed the BTX form factor.
ChaitanyaSurprisingly MSI B550M Mortar is a great motherboard and far better than any mATX X570 boards out there.
And here I thought we were discussing X570 mATX boards...
There are tons of B550 mATX boards.
TheinsanegamerNSo, a biostar board that isnt for sale in the US, and a colorful board that has 0 US support and almost no reviws counts?

We all know what he meant. Where is the gigabyte sniper M x570? MSI mortar M 570? Asus crosshair M 570? Why does only B550 get the matx love.
Seriously :rolleyes:
The world doesn't revolve around the US of A.
On top of that, the person that commented doesn't live there.
Posted on Reply
#12
Xex360
TheinsanegamerNIt's a fantastic board, but the lack of PCIe 4.0 slots for SSDs is a bit of a downer. Direct Storage will want PCIe 4.0 and CPU/motherboard combos will last a very long time.
It does have one, the one linked to the CPU, unfortunately B550 chipset doesn't have a PCIe 4.0 so the second m2 slot is only PCIe gen 3.
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B550M-MORTAR-WIFI/Specification
Posted on Reply
#13
TheinsanegamerN
Xex360It does have one, the one linked to the CPU, unfortunately B550 chipset doesn't have a PCIe 4.0 so the second m2 slot is only PCIe gen 3.
www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B550M-MORTAR-WIFI/Specification
Yes I know the CPU one is gen 4, but unless you want to put your OS and all your games on a single SSD that just wont do.
TheLostSwedeSeriously :rolleyes:
The world doesn't revolve around the US of A.
On top of that, the person that commented doesn't live there.
Wow, who would have thought that a website hosted in the US would have users who are US centric? Amazing. Never would have thought it.

Oh yeah, that biostar board is a PITA to find in europe or much of anywhere outside asia, same with the colorful board, and you'll get even WORSE support. So congrats on proving my point even better I guess?
Posted on Reply
#14
TheLostSwede
TheinsanegamerNYes I know the CPU one is gen 4, but unless you want to put your OS and all your games on a single SSD that just wont do.

Wow, who would have thought that a website hosted in the US would have users who are US centric? Amazing. Never would have thought it.

Oh yeah, that biostar board is a PITA to find in europe or much of anywhere outside asia, same with the colorful board, and you'll get even WORSE support. So congrats on proving my point even better I guess?
Guess what, the owner of TPU is German :roll: It's never been a US centric site imho, but then again, you make as much sense as ever so...
Posted on Reply
#15
TheinsanegamerN
TheLostSwedeGuess what, the owner of TPU is German :roll: It's never been a US centric site imho, but then again, you make as much sense as ever so...
Yes, a website that posts content exclusively in english, is registered to an american DNS provider, and covers technology using american release dates and prices is TOTALLY a german site :rolleyes:

But hey, whatever random facts make you feel better about your position, go ahead and believe them. I guess TPU is german now. :laugh::roll::laugh:
Posted on Reply
#16
Chaitanya
TheLostSwedeWell, I have a 10Gbps card and obviously NVMe drives takes up a bit of space, but I'm sure there could be ways around that.
We're stuck with old form factors that aren't fit for purpose any more, but it's going to be really hard to change that. Just look at what happened to BTX, it was a major flopp, although part of the reason for that was the anticipated cooling requirements that Intel had and that never quite materialised, so luckily 1kg+ coolers never became the norm.
In fact, Shuttle ran afoul of that issue and couldn't airship their SFF barebones that followed the BTX form factor.


And here I thought we were discussing X570 mATX boards...
There are tons of B550 mATX boards.


Seriously :rolleyes:
The world doesn't revolve around the US of A.
On top of that, the person that commented doesn't live there.
Yet same manufacturers who put some thought into their mAtx B550 offerings aren't putting same level of thought into offering mATX X570 or to make a decent mATX board to begin with. I would love to get a X570 mATX Board for a small sized file server.
Posted on Reply
#17
TheLostSwede
ChaitanyaYet same manufacturers who put some thought into their mAtx B550 offerings aren't putting same level of thought into offering mATX X570 or to make a decent mATX board to begin with. I would love to get a X570 mATX Board for a small sized file server.
I guess they simply don't see a business case :confused:
I find it as weird as everyone else here and I have talked to a few people I know at the board makers, but I get the same reply, not interested.
TheinsanegamerNYes, a website that posts content exclusively in english, is registered to an american DNS provider, and covers technology using american release dates and prices is TOTALLY a german site :rolleyes:

But hey, whatever random facts make you feel better about your position, go ahead and believe them. I guess TPU is german now. :laugh::roll::laugh:
One again, your name really shows your state of mind.

I've known the owner of the site since before TPU was a thing, so no, it's not a random fact.
It has always been a European site, whatever you think.
The fact is, most people in Europe understands English, whereas I guess you only understand simplified English.
Posted on Reply
#19
EatingDirt
DammeronThat's the thing - I just can't comprehend, how ATX is still the leading format. Back in the day we had graphic cards, sound cards, TV, LAN... Nowadays, how many users pack something more than a GPU into the case? Maybe 5%? For the rest 95% ITX would suffice completely, and out of those 5%, 4 will have just one more card, so mATX should be the better option, considering that it's smaller.
mATX are only 2.4" smaller vertically than ATX, and the same size horizontally so really you're only saving saving 3" of vertical desk/office space. That really isn't all that useful when you can find compact ATX cases just about as small as a mATX cases.

If someone really wants to save space, they would usually be better off with an ITX board.
Posted on Reply
#20
Gmr_Chick
This thing actually looks pretty sweet, far better than the vanilla X570 Gaming X. Hopefully the quality is also improved on this new version. I just don't know if I could part with my Asrock B550 Velocita board though.

Also, Giga's RGB Fusion software is complete shit.
Posted on Reply
#21
Xex360
TheinsanegamerNYes, a website that posts content exclusively in english, is registered to an american DNS provider, and covers technology using american release dates and prices is TOTALLY a german site :rolleyes:

But hey, whatever random facts make you feel better about your position, go ahead and believe them. I guess TPU is german now. :laugh::roll::laugh:
This website is clearly not American, people commenting here more sensible, and don't obsess about their countries.
English is just more convenient when you have different people speaking different languages.
Posted on Reply
#23
Gmr_Chick
Xex360This website is clearly not American, people commenting here more sensible, and don't obsess about their countries.
English is just more convenient when you have different people speaking different languages.
Gee, stereotype much? :rolleyes:
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment