Monday, January 22nd 2018

Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry 5 System Requirements

As we near the launch of Far Cry 5, Ubisoft has decided to reveal the minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version. They've also detailed the necessary hardware required to achieve a 30 FPS and 60 FPS experience at the 4K resolution. Additionally, the development team has generously implemented a built-in benchmark to aid users in analyzing their systems and calibrating the different visual options. Nevertheless, the game also comes with an auto-detect feature that chooses the best quality preset for gamers who don't want to fiddle with the different graphic options. Far Cry 5 is slated to launch on March 27 on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. The standard edition costs $59.99, while the Deluxe and Gold Edition cost $69.99 and $89.99, respectively.

Is your PC ready to tackle the latest installment in the Far Cry franchise?
MINIMUM CONFIGURATION:
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Video Preset: Low
RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION (60 FPS):
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Video Preset: High
4K 30 FPS CONFIGURATION:
  • OS: Windows 10 (64-bit version only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
  • Resolution: 2160p
  • Video Preset: High
4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION:
  • OS: Windows 10 (64-bit version only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
  • Resolution: 2160p
  • Video Preset: High/Ultra
Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release:
  • GeForce GTX 600 series: GeForce GTX 670 or better
  • GeForce GTX 700 series: GeForce GTX 760 or better
  • GeForce GTX 900 series: GeForce GTX 950 or better
  • GeForce GTX 10-Series: GeForce GTX 1050 or better
Supported AMD cards at time of release:
  • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270 or better
  • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better
  • Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX 460 or better
  • Radeon Vega series: any Radeon Vega series
Add your own comment

33 Comments on Ubisoft Reveals Far Cry 5 System Requirements

#26
Tsukiyomi91
fit the Recommended 1080p 60fps requirement, albeit using an i5 K chip. Toning down some settings & smooth 60fps is in the bag. Might get the game as it's one I'm been waiting for a long time.
Posted on Reply
#27
BiggieShady
"Parn said:
With the current price and availability of graphics cards, Ubisoft should really bundle a 1060 with every copy of their games if they want sales.
Bonus is that way they don't even need to make a game at all, miners would buy the bundle and throw a game away - because they couldn't sell the game to gpu-less gamers
Posted on Reply
#28
YOUDIEMOFO
Bring that quad SLI scaling back home with this title and you have one more customer who's going to be willing to take down the hordes of cultists freaks this game is going to have to offer!!

This is proper scaling and reference to the powah of what master coding can truly achieve....BF4 4K max settings 100-170fps average gameplay online and 200 mostly consistent single player at the same settings.
Some older pictures as I have nothing new as of late...



Posted on Reply
#29
Vayra86
The fact that its actually NEWS now to have SLI support in your game speaks volumes.

Now is the time to sell off those redundant GPUs boys
Posted on Reply
#30
DarkStalker
"dorsetknob said:
wonder what the "Sales Expectation" of this Game will Be with reference to the Graphics Requirment and the State ( cost and availabity ) of the Graphics Card market
i have to say BRAVO!
thats the first thing that came also to my mind too...
Posted on Reply
#31
hyp36rmax
"YOUDIEMOFO said:
Bring that quad SLI scaling back home with this title and you have one more customer who's going to be willing to take down the hordes of cultists freaks this game is going to have to offer!!

This is proper scaling and reference to the powah of what master coding can truly achieve....BF4 4K max settings 100-170fps average gameplay online and 200 mostly consistent single player at the same settings.
Some older pictures as I have nothing new as of late...




Far Cry games generally have really good SLI support out of the gate. Good to see these devs still care about pushing their engines requiring extreme setups that only PC's can utilize. I actually did a few benchmarks with my setup of SLI 1080TI's on a resolution of 7680x1440 @ 144hz. Totally can't wait for this.

Battlefield 1

code:
06-02-2018, 19:36:44 bf1.exe benchmark completed, 153811 frames rendered in 1440.703 s
Average framerate : 106.7 FPS
Minimum framerate : 0.5 FPS
Maximum framerate : 127.7 FPS
1% low framerate : 53.5 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 0.5 FPS










Project Cars 2

code:
06-02-2018, 18:58:54 pCARS2AVX.exe benchmark completed, 21827 frames rendered in 146.016 s
Average framerate : 149.4 FPS
Minimum framerate : 107.3 FPS
Maximum framerate : 196.2 FPS
1% low framerate : 107.3 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 77.4 FPS








"Vayra86 said:
The fact that its actually NEWS now to have SLI support in your game speaks volumes.

Now is the time to sell off those redundant GPUs boys
Nope... Historically Far Cry has always had support for multi-gpu setups. It just goes to show these devs still focus on the PC despite this game being a multi-platform. I'm actually happy to see them listing required specs to hit that magical 4K 60FPS. SLI/Crossfire/Multi-GPU have always been and continue to be a small margin of users. The only difference now is the cost of pairing two mid-range gpu's have increased (Pre-Mining) not favoring them over a single gpu solution at 1080P / 1440P 60hz compared to a few years ago when pairing two cards was a performance value. It's no longer the case today and leaving these extreme SLI/Crossfire to high-tier gpu users at 4K+ resolutions, multi-monitors, and high refresh setups.
Posted on Reply
#32
Vayra86
"hyp36rmax said:

Nope... Historically Far Cry has always had support for multi-gpu setups. It just goes to show these devs still focus on the PC despite this game being a multi-platform. I'm actually happy to see them listing required specs to hit that magical 4K 60FPS. SLI/Crossfire/Multi-GPU have always been and continue to be a small margin of users. The only difference now is the cost of pairing two mid-range gpu's have increased (Pre-Mining) not favoring them over a single gpu solution at 1080P / 1440P 60hz compared to a few years ago when pairing two cards was a performance value. It's no longer the case today and leaving these extreme SLI/Crossfire to high-tier gpu users at 4K+ resolutions, multi-monitors, and high refresh setups.
Of course, was more referring to the fact that it is such an item for this release, especially since its always been present here. Elsewhere, you see SLI support waning fast. But I get it, some people prefer to pick their games according to what has SLI support and what doesn't :)

The actual fact is, that it should be supported on ALL games. There was a time when it was available on almost everything, some 4-6 years ago. Now? If its 50%, its a lot. And since Nvidia themselves shut down SLI on anything but the high end GPUs, this market will diminish fast, and along with it, the support in games too. There are mainly two types of SLI / Crossfire consumers: the ones who shoot for dual+top-end GPU right away, like you, and the much larger group of people who add in a mid range card 'later, when they need it'. That second group of consumers is going SLI because of budget and allowing them to chop their GPU price in half with the promise of more performance down the road. And that's the group that is now gone.
Posted on Reply
#33
hyp36rmax
"Vayra86 said:
Of course, was more referring to the fact that it is such an item for this release, especially since its always been present here. Elsewhere, you see SLI support waning fast. But I get it, some people prefer to pick their games according to what has SLI support and what doesn't :)

The actual fact is, that it should be supported on ALL games. There was a time when it was available on almost everything, some 4-6 years ago. Now? If its 50%, its a lot. And since Nvidia themselves shut down SLI on anything but the high end GPUs, this market will diminish fast, and along with it, the support in games too.
Man I totally remember when game support was a thing those years ago. Yea the other issue is the increasing demand of Esport titles such as CSGO, LOL, DOTA, Overwatch (This supports SLI now, probably to hit monitors with 240hz) that don't require powerful systems for maximum market share and penetration. As well as console first multi-platform games prioritizing console versions over the PC. Call of Duty, Assassins Creed: Orgins, and many others don't help the SLI cause at all. I get ya :)
Posted on Reply