Monday, August 27th 2018

Thermalright Intros AXP-100 Full Copper CPU Cooler

The last time Thermalright gave a "Full Copper" twist to one of its bestselling CPU coolers was 10 years ago. The AXP-100 Full Copper sees the coming together of a pure copper fin-stack, six 6 mm exposed copper heat pipes, a copper base for indirect transfer to the heat pipes, and a reddish-orange fan. The height of the heatsink is 44 mm, which interestingly, is less than even that of the AXP-100 RH (reduced height) variant. The heatsink measures 108 mm x 121 mm x 44 mm (WxDxH), weighing 640 g, almost double that of the AXP-100 RH, and about the same as the AXP-100 Muscle. The included TY-100 fan is a 120 mm spinner, with a range of 900 to 2,500 RPM, PWM input, 16 to 44.5 CFM air-flow, and 22 to 30 dBA noise output. Among the sockets supported are LGA2066, LGA115x, and AM4. The company didn't reveal pricing.
Add your own comment

32 Comments on Thermalright Intros AXP-100 Full Copper CPU Cooler

#1
Joss
What a gorgeous piece :love:
Posted on Reply
#2
natr0n
Always wanted a copper true. Nice to see they are really going back to their roots.
Posted on Reply
#3
micropage7
copper is nice but after short time after it exposed to dust, damp air the looks will be eeew
Posted on Reply
#4
Beertintedgoggles
micropage7 said:
copper is nice but after short time after it exposed to dust, damp air the looks will be eeew
Take off the fan, dip the thing in vinegar for a bit and it'll be all shiny and new looking.
Posted on Reply
#5
Frick
Fishfaced Nincompoop
Coolio. I don't think I read the reviews of the old one.
Posted on Reply
#6
Basard
Beertintedgoggles said:
Take off the fan, dip the thing in vinegar for a bit and it'll be all shiny and new looking.
I wonder how much it would cost for gold plating!
Posted on Reply
#7
Mescalamba
Aint that a beauty..

Basard said:
I wonder how much it would cost for gold plating!
Not that much, but I suggest some layer of rhodium after gold plating for improved durability.
Posted on Reply
#8
Raendor
Nice! Got TR True Spirit 140 Direct in my main rig and finally have something better to use in my Node 202 system instead of L9i. This looks perfect in terms of height for Node.
Posted on Reply
#9
Liquid Cool
Nostalgia personified...I miss those huge copper chipset cooler's...especially from ASUS!

If I had the money to spare, I'd probably buy this, despite the fact it might not blend too well with Space Grey(or whatever the latest color is that's popular right now).

I mean...c'mon...even the little fan screws are copper!

:),

Liquid Cool
Posted on Reply
#10
mcraygsx
Liquid Cool said:
Nostalgia personified...I miss those huge copper chipset cooler's...especially from ASUS!

If I had the money to spare, I'd probably buy this, despite the fact it might not blend too well with Space Grey(or whatever the latest color is that's popular right now).

I mean...c'mon...even the little fan screws are copper!

:),

Liquid Cool
Looks attractive and I am sure performance will please us as well.
Posted on Reply
#11
Animalpak
Spoiled full copper can give that extra benefit and lowering the temps.
Posted on Reply
#12
lZKoce
Beertintedgoggles said:
Take off the fan, dip the thing in vinegar for a bit and it'll be all shiny and new looking.
I have actually tied that years ago, but my results weren't so conclusive. I've always loved the pure copper look, but on some other coolers though. I miss the Thermalright V2 GPU cooler:

Posted on Reply
#13
DeathtoGnomes
Ginger is the sexy color here. Shiny, very shiny!
Posted on Reply
#14
diatribe
micropage7 said:
copper is nice but after short time after it exposed to dust, damp air the looks will be eeew
I have a copper Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet in a low-profile build that hasn't discolored in over 4 years. I think they must put a protective coat on the copper to prevent oxidation.

Posted on Reply
#15
Franzen4Real
Wondering what the distance is between the bottom of the fins to the top of the base plate.... If the fan could swap and mount to the bottom of the fins with some DIY mounting in a pull config, this would be the nicest DanCase (or other very low profile sff cases) cpu cooler available for sure.
Posted on Reply
#16
RH92
Raendor said:
Nice! Got TR True Spirit 140 Direct in my main rig and finally have something better to use in my Node 202 system instead of L9i. This looks perfect in terms of height for Node.
L9i served me well in my Node 202 but indeed this axp-100 copper should be a great replacement assuming it's priced reasonably .
Posted on Reply
#17
Cruise51
this cooler gives me a erection
Posted on Reply
#18
NdMk2o1o
Nice, might look at one of these for my ryzen 1600 should help with keeping am4 vrm's cooler.
Posted on Reply
#19
hyp36rmax
Do we have a release date at least?
Posted on Reply
#22
Avlin
Well it’s true, back in the days we had awesome looking coolers, like zalamn or thermalright. I had an XP90 polished on top of delidded opteron 144... almost crying.
Posted on Reply
#23
randomUser
Some Zalman coolers are only colored/plated with copper.
When you check their specification, it states that base is copper, the rest is alluminium.
I can't recall which model was that.
Posted on Reply
#24
londiste
Franzen4Real said:
Wondering what the distance is between the bottom of the fins to the top of the base plate.... If the fan could swap and mount to the bottom of the fins with some DIY mounting in a pull config, this would be the nicest DanCase (or other very low profile sff cases) cpu cooler available for sure.
I found some threads in forums where people had done just that. Fan cannot be just moved but lower parts of fins can be cut off. This will come with a noticeable decrease in performance though.

Semi-offtopic, I was considering hacking up a AXP-100 but I went for Cryorig C7 Cu instead. 613 grams worth of copper heatsink that is as small as that felt strange :)
Posted on Reply
#25
Franzen4Real
londiste said:
I found some threads in forums where people had done just that. Fan cannot be just moved but lower parts of fins can be cut off. This will come with a noticeable decrease in performance though.

Semi-offtopic, I was considering hacking up a AXP-100 but I went for Cryorig C7 Cu instead. 613 grams worth of copper heatsink that is as small as that felt strange :)
The C7 Cu has been at the top of my list, but heard mixed about the fan noise under load. Are you liking it?
Posted on Reply
Add your own comment