Wednesday, December 12th 2018

Phanteks Introduces The New PH-TC12LS RGB CPU Cooler

Phanteks today announced the new PH-TC12LS RGB CPU Cooler. The already popular CPU cooler now gets a new illumination upgrade from the award-winning Halos RGB fan frame.

Phanteks' PH-TC12LS RGB is a low profile CPU cooler designed for cases that are limited in space and clearance. The PH-TC12LS RGB uses six C-type heat-pipes (6mm diameter) to deliver thermal conductivity more efficiently. Equipped with Phanteks' PH-F120MP fan, the PH-TC12LS RGB provides exceptional static pressure and airflow through the heatsink for better cooling performance. The PH-TC12LS RGB includes the Halos RGB fan frame to add ambient illumination to complement your system.
[Editor's note: The information below was not part of the original press release and was added to provide more context to the story]

Illuminated Cooling
The Phanteks' Halos RGB fan frame complements any system build with ambient illumination, bringing a new dimension to the proven TC12LS. Easy to install and putting your cooler on display with 18 integrated LEDS in the Halos. The TC12LS RGB merges high performance cooling with quality integrated lighting.
Colors In Sync
With the TC12LS RGB you can daisy chain all of Phanteks' RGB products together and sync the RGB lighting with any RGB equipped Phanteks case of compatible motherboard.

Pricing and Availability
The PH-TC12LS RGB is available now with a recommended retail price of $49.99.
Add your own comment

8 Comments on Phanteks Introduces The New PH-TC12LS RGB CPU Cooler

#2
BoiseTech
Cool, but what about ram clearance? Overall height? Are they compatible with a 15mm height fan? What sockets are they compatible with? Do you need to buy an AM4 kit separately?
Posted on Reply
#3
bonehead123
O.M.F.G.........

anutha RGB'd cooler, wow... what an illuminating and innovative concept, whodathunkit :D
Posted on Reply
#4
John Naylor
BoiseTech said:
Cool, but what about ram clearance? Overall height? Are they compatible with a 15mm height fan? What sockets are they compatible with? Do you need to buy an AM4 kit separately?
It was a safe bet that it's the same as the old PH-TC12LS w/o the RGB

http://phanteks.com/PH-TC12LS.html
Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 .... AMD FM1/FM2/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required) \
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) without fan = 4.7x4.1x1.9 inches (without fan)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) with Single Fans = 4.7x4.7x2.9 inches (with fan)

http://phanteks.com/PH-TC12LS_RGB.html
Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 .... AMD FM1/FM2/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) without fan = 4.7x4.1x1.9 inches (without fan)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) with Single Fans = 4.7x4.7x2.9 inches (with fan)

It can be bought with or w/o the 25mm fan so you can put on whatever you want, tho with the fan is ften cheaper. Provided fan is the "PH-F120MP PWM High Static Pressure Premium Fan"

Video here: 3:30 mark should answer your RAM question

<div class="youtube-embed" data-id="VdKFkVM0J3I"><img src="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VdKFkVM0J3I/hqdefault.jpg" /><div class="youtube-play"></div><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdKFkVM0J3I" target="_blank" class="youtube-title"></a></div>
Posted on Reply
#5
BoiseTech
Awesome thanks! I had no idea that the non RGB version existed. I've used the C1 and Pallas, but never stumbled upon the TC12LS for my SFF needs. I like the 120mm size.

John Naylor said:
It was a safe bet that it's the same as the old PH-TC12LS w/o the RGB

http://phanteks.com/PH-TC12LS.html
Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 .... AMD FM1/FM2/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required) \
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) without fan = 4.7x4.1x1.9 inches (without fan)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) with Single Fans = 4.7x4.7x2.9 inches (with fan)

http://phanteks.com/PH-TC12LS_RGB.html
Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 .... AMD FM1/FM2/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) without fan = 4.7x4.1x1.9 inches (without fan)
Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH) with Single Fans = 4.7x4.7x2.9 inches (with fan)

It can be bought with or w/o the 25mm fan so you can put on whatever you want, tho with the fan is ften cheaper. Provided fan is the "PH-F120MP PWM High Static Pressure Premium Fan"

Video here: 3:30 mark should answer your RAM question
Posted on Reply
#6
DedPxl
The stock Wraith cooler from AMD outperforms this by almost 20 degrees under heavy load at over 300w, and it also has RGB integration. Not very impressive.

At least the height is a bit lower and it's also more silent by a few DBs.
Posted on Reply
#7
shilka
Please update the fans on the PH-TC12DX and PH-TC14PE as well as i have always disliked the white frame on the fans
Posted on Reply
#8
shani ace
DedPxl said:
The stock Wraith cooler from AMD outperforms this by almost 20 degrees under heavy load at over 300w.
I was going to ask where you've read that, because the results in this review (see also the following page of it) seemed to indicate something very different:

But then I realized you were talking about 300w load, lol (the review confirms what you wrote for 340W load).
No modern CPU (that I know of) runs with 300w at load, so those +20° are a rather fictional value.
Most of them are between 60 and 100W. And in that range, the difference to the Wraith cooler (which BTW is not a throw-away stock cooler like in the old days but more like a third party cooler) is just 1,6-1,7°, which is negligible.

Now if you put that in relation with fan speed and noise, you get a completely different picture.
At 12V, the Phantek runs at fan speed of 1740rpm and noise of 38.2 db(A), whereas the Wraith runs with 3010 rpm and 44.7 db(A). :eek:
At 7V, it's 540rpm and 32.1 db(A) vs. 1920 rpm and 34.8 db(A).

So to sum it up, not only are these two coolers not competing in the same league, they're not even on the same planet. ;)
Posted on Reply