Friday, March 8th 2019

Microsoft has confirmed that their latest Windows 10 update (KB4482887), which released on march 1st, can actually degrade graphics and mouse performance in some games. As Microsoft themselves put it, "After installing KB4482887, users may notice graphics and mouse performance degradation with desktop gaming when playing certain games (eg: Destiny 2)."

There's no word yet on a definitive listing of games that suffer this performance degradation, but Microsoft is hard at work fixing this for the next Windows release. Until then, users facing graphics and mouse performance degradation can simply uninstall the KB4482887 update.
Source: Windows 10 KB4482887 Update Page and Release Notes

135 Comments on Microsoft Confirms Latest Windows 10 Update May Decrease Performance in Certain Gaming Scenarios

OneMoar
There is Always Moar
EarthDog said:
I bet your knuckles are calloused from dragging those suckers on the ground. :D

Hopefully standing upright is in your future, lol!
Oggabooga
moproblems99
OneMoar said:
ad`hominem will get you nowhere also it is 'clients', not 'client'.
I honestly wasn't trying to attack which is why I said I was honestly curious. It is only something I have noticed in my professional life. It is also why I said: I know this is a forum.

OneMoar said:
also it is 'clients', not 'client'.
Actually, that is a big WRONG. I only have one fortune 500 client. The rest of them are more medium and small sized. I forgive your assumption.
trparky
And it looks like KB4489899 (OS Build 17763.379) fixes the issue.
EarthDog
trparky said:
And it looks like KB4489899 (OS Build 17763.379) fixes the issue.
Link/notes?
TheOne
Improvements and fixes

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens with tracking and device calibration that has affected some users. You may notice improvement 10-15 minutes after installing this update, but we recommend resetting the holograms for best results.
  • Addresses an issue that may cause users to receive “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files.
  • Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.
  • Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Shell, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers, Windows Server, Windows Linux, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Wireless Networking, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows, and Windows Fundamentals.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Melvis
OneMoar said:
literally everything you have said is wrong I won't brother rebuking it people like you are why I stay in business more power to you with your old outdated broken os that I need to spend hours on fixing

we are 85/h per tech good luck

Straight back at ya!

literally everything you have said is wrong I won't bother rebuking it people like you are why I stay in business more power to you with your broken os that I need to spend hours on fixing
Litzner
Hmmm... I just got an update last night. I will have to check if it is this one when I get home.
yakk
The only reason I still have a (legacy) windows partition is for a few games and even this gets messed up, funny that.
moproblems99
You can now delay updates for 35 days on Windows 10 Home.
rtwjunkie
PC Gaming Enthusiast
moproblems99 said:
You can now delay updates for 35 days on Windows 10 Home.
Useful and nice they extended that to home versions. But my experience is W10 monthly patches are not usually a problem. It is the semiannual OS changeover that really is responsible for most people’s troubles.