Monday, October 9th 2017

MSI Launches the X399 SLI Plus Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Threadripper

MSI, the world leading motherboard manufacturer, is pleased to announce the availability of a new motherboard: X399 SLI PLUS. Perfect for content creators who are looking for a great performer with plenty of connectivity options, MSI's new X399 SLI PLUS is an optimized workstation motherboard, built for designers. Featuring heavy plated heatsinks, Military Class V components and numerous unique and patented performance enhancing features, this motherboard is the best choice for professionals looking for speed and stability.

Using a full black color scheme, the new X399 SLI PLUS enters the next generation PRO Series design concept by adding Mystic Light RGB to personalize any workstation. Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2 extends data transfer bandwidth options to provide the best USB 3.1 performance. M.2 Shield v2 helps stabilize fast SSD data signals and prevents throttling for the best M.2 SSD performance. STEEL ARMOR slots prevent PCI-E slots from sustaining damage by heavy graphics cards. Each feature on SLI PLUS has been designed and tested to achieve the highest quality standards and are geared for longevity and best performance. More performance-related features on the new X399 SLI PLUS are: DDR4 Boost, Turbo M.2 with RAID support, Audio Boost, X-Boost, Network Manager and many more.
Built on Everlasting Quality
The X399 SLI PLUS uses only the industry's highest quality components and latest technological innovations to deliver the most professional experience when creating content. Rigorous quality testing under the most extreme conditions ensures a super reliable, long-lasting and high performance motherboard.

Secure, Stable, and Fast Networking, Powered by Intel
Optimized for professional and multimedia use, the X399 SLI PLUS comes equipped with a high quality Gigabit network solution. It's powered by Intel and ready to serve you with 24/7 reliability when transferring big data.

Designed for Limitless Tuning
Founded on experience and with a long history of creating the best performing motherboards packed with smart features, you can count on the X399 SLI PLUS motherboard to deliver the best performance under the most extreme conditions. Countless system tuning and troubleshooting tools are at your disposal to push your system to new heights and satisfy even the most demanding tweaker.

PRO Series Motherboards - Making You Life Easier is Our Business
Combining quality you can rely on with top performance and clever business solutions are key aspects of the MSI PRO SERIES motherboards. Engineered to cater even the most demanding professional, these motherboards will fit in any PC. Making your life easier and supporting your business with super stable, reliable and long-lasting top performance.

For more information, visit the product page.
Add your own comment

9 Comments on MSI Launches the X399 SLI Plus Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Threadripper

#1
Rehmanpa
2 questions:
Pricing and what's the difference between this and the gaming pro carbon
Posted on Reply
#2
ZoneDymo
Why do so few boards out there have not even 1 thunderbolt port on it?
I know it has limited use but in the olden days all the boards had atleast one firewire port :S
Posted on Reply
#3
Durvelle27
ZoneDymo said:
Why do so few boards out there have not even 1 thunderbolt port on it?
I know it has limited use but in the olden days all the boards had atleast one firewire port :S
Thuderbolt is still adolescent
Posted on Reply
#4
INSTG8R
I just like that’s it’s an AMD board touting SLI... :roll:
Posted on Reply
#5
wiyosaya
Sounds like typical marketing drivel to me...
Posted on Reply
#6
Nephilim666
Is there anything at all to make this motherboard appealing compared to all the others already on the market?

Or is it just a “me too” release?
Posted on Reply
#7
Rehmanpa
Nephilim666 said:
Is there anything at all to make this motherboard appealing compared to all the others already on the market?

Or is it just a “me too” release?
Maybe the price? I haven't seen pricing yet
Posted on Reply
#8
Xajel
Althought I don't feel I'm a MSI kind of guy, what I like of MSI in their AM4 & TR4 platforms ( at least the high-end X370 AM4 offering) is that they provide good number of M.2 slots (at least 2 of them) and also have a future proof USB 3.1 g2 header so we can be ready when cases come with it and be more mainstream.

The thing I don't like is lack of 1G+ ethernet options, hoping for 10Gbps for all high-end motherboards (AM4 & TR4)...

And please, when adding Any WiFi functionality to a high-end motherboard, add it as an upgradable M.2 slot. the back IO panel should come with 2 antenna as standard and a hole ready for a third antenna when needed. of-course really high-end ones should come already with 3x3
Posted on Reply
#9
Rehmanpa
Xajel said:
Althought I don't feel I'm a MSI kind of guy, what I like of MSI in their AM4 & TR4 platforms ( at least the high-end X370 AM4 offering) is that they provide good number of M.2 slots (at least 2 of them) and also have a future proof USB 3.1 g2 header so we can be ready when cases come with it and be more mainstream.

The thing I don't like is lack of 1G+ ethernet options, hoping for 10Gbps for all high-end motherboards (AM4 & TR4)...

And please, when adding Any WiFi functionality to a high-end motherboard, add it as an upgradable M.2 slot. the back IO panel should come with 2 antenna as standard and a hole ready for a third antenna when needed. of-course really high-end ones should come already with 3x3
I looked at getting a board with 10gb Ethernet but switches are insanely expensive. Like I'm talking thousands. It has a pcie Wi-Fi adapter I believe, at least the gaming pro carbon does.
Posted on Reply